Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 7, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #39,781 of 48,562
Yup. The occlusion effect can be extremely irritating to those who are annoyed by it, and a complete non-issue for those who aren't. The GSX's sidetone helps soften the effect. I don't like using a closed headset if I can't mix my mic into the audio. Without it, my voice (in my head) can sound boomy, hollow, echoey, or like you said, muffled. Sidetone/live monitoring FTW!
Just had an intense 3 hour session Wildlands>PC>GTX1000>GSP600, awesome sound, great comfort, much fun. 3 guys in my home one on internet. Great game, good beer and pizza.

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #39,784 of 48,562
Just had an intense 3 hour session Wildlands>PC>GTX1000>GSP600, awesome sound, great comfort, much fun. 3 guys in my home one on internet. Great game, good beer and pizza.

Sounds like a great time! Have you written a formal impression/review of the GSP 600 yet?

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Mar 7, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #39,785 of 48,562
I teased with the account I meant to tease with :wink:
Damn, now I'm going to overanalyze that last post to hell trying to figure out what the implied new product is.

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #39,787 of 48,562
Based on what was said, the only outcome is this. There's no other possible answer. Also it will somehow involve beer.
Sounds like an intro to Schism

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #39,788 of 48,562
I'm having the GSP 600 here as well but I can't get a good comfort out of it yet. The top of my skull hurts after a while and I've been playing around with the sliders.
PC37X comfort is heavenly in comparison. As for sound: not impressed yet. Need to do further testings. Didn't encounter the hot treble pietcux was experiencing at the beginning though.

Also, why is there no adapter to 6,3mm included?

Mar 8, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #39,789 of 48,562
DON'T EXPOSE THE MAN, Yethal. :joy:

I have a few things brewing, so look forward to it, guys. Nothing 'written' yet, but expect some stuff sooner than later.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #39,791 of 48,562
I'm having the GSP 600 here as well but I can't get a good comfort out of it yet. The top of my skull hurts after a while and I've been playing around with the sliders.
PC37X comfort is heavenly in comparison. As for sound: not impressed yet. Need to do further testings. Didn't encounter the hot treble pietcux was experiencing at the beginning though.

Also, why is there no adapter to 6,3mm included?
Hi there just let the sliders sit in their softest position and the earcups in their widest or lowest position. You seem to have a big skull like me, lol.
I do not miss the 6.3mm as I have more than enough of them.

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #39,792 of 48,562
Not sure if it will help, but I found......

I've got a bit of a dip in my skull that most headphones seem to fit into and be comfy - like they're designed for it.

Thought that was normal - until I tried some cans that were meant to be ultra comfy, but hurt.

Once I changed to putting on the headphones via fitting them over the ears, rather than in the position the headband "slotted" - all was fixed.

Letting the headband find a position where it's secondary to making sure the earpieces feel right worked, and wasn't as much of a huge step as it felt like initially.

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #39,793 of 48,562
Not sure if it will help, but I found......

I've got a bit of a dip in my skull that most headphones seem to fit into and be comfy - like they're designed for it.

Thought that was normal - until I tried some cans that were meant to be ultra comfy, but hurt.

Once I changed to putting on the headphones via fitting them over the ears, rather than in the position the headband "slotted" - all was fixed.

Letting the headband find a position where it's secondary to making sure the earpieces feel right worked, and wasn't as much of a huge step as it felt like initially.
I think that I do that anyways. Never thought about it though.

Mar 12, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #39,795 of 48,562
I was just sent a headset that is a variant of something I already reviewed, and I think by accident. I was actually expecting something I've wanted to review for YEARS and is like the last headset missing from all the higher end 'originals'. I think some of you will guess. Time to make some calls, this is definitely an error since a review of this would 100% be the same, since all that changed was an added microphone. :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back