Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 28, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #18,451 of 48,583
Or just pick up some Portapros or SR60s. And I tried the earpad swap with the earpads off a cheap pair of Sentry wireless headphones on my Portas, they sounded terrible, while they sound epic with the stock foamies.

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #18,452 of 48,583
I'd rather save money and pick up the Sportapro + parts express headband. The Portapro and Sportapro = same drivers, different headband assembly. Both headband assemblies suck compared to the Parts Express headband, IMHO. Personally, I'd ditch all the headbands, and use the KSC75's clips (not the drivers....save them for a rainy day), which to me are the most comfortable out of all configurations with these drivers.

BTW guys, Amazon has upgraded the K702's image page. Looks like all their standard K702s are bumpless now. The Q701 is still considerably cheaper, but still have the bumps. If they manage to get the K702 to around the Q701's price, I'd consider getting them, and ordering some Annie pads...

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #18,453 of 48,583
BTW guys, Amazon has upgraded the K702's image page. Looks like all their standard K702s are bumpless now. The Q701 is still considerably cheaper, but still have the bumps. If they manage to get the K702 to around the Q701's price, I'd consider getting them, and ordering some Annie pads...

I'd confirm with the third part seller, still, just to make sure before pulling the trigger (when the time comes). Yes, Amazon has updated the photo but since it's only sold by third party sellers one cannot be sure if they no longer have the bumpy K702s at their warehouse.

Always safe to double check...
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #18,454 of 48,583
Sennheiser has their relatively new PC363D's which, I think, are slightly different looking PC360's with a 7.1 USB sound card. The headset has a built in mic, which flips up for mute, and an integrated volume control on one of the ear cups.

FYI, those needing a complete solution for gaming in PC. Bonus: you can unplug the headset from the USB sound card and then use the two 3.5mm jacks for consoles (provided you have a mixamp or similar device).

However, I a reviewer mentioned that you can't change much besides 2.1, 5.1, or 7.1 output options. No EQ?

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #18,455 of 48,583
I'd confirm with the third part seller, still, just to make sure before pulling the trigger (when the time comes). Yes, Amazon has updated the photo but since it's only sold by third party sellers one cannot be sure if they no longer have the bumpy K702s at their warehouse.

Always safe to double check... :wink:  

OOOOOH yeah. I completely forgot to check that. I assume if/when Amazon gets the K702 in stock directly from AKG, it's safe to say they'll have the newest stock which will be bumpless.

As much as I absolutely love my MA900, after a certain amount of hours, my ears get a little sore resting on the driver padding. The AKGs never have that issue due to the depth of the pads. Seems like there is no perfection in comfort. The MA900 comes very close, but needs a looooot more depth to the pads, and the headband padding is pretty much non-existent. One thing i can say about the standard K70x/Q701, is that they had the best pads in terms of comfort for me. They weren't overly soft to the point of losing depth, and breathed more than the Annie pads. I just wish they sounded like the Annies, but still with the standard K70x pads.

Well it's either the K70x or the HE-4's velours. They were glorious in comfort.

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #18,456 of 48,583

I took this picture yesterday and wanted to share. I thought it was so funny how the flash made her wink lol...
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #18,457 of 48,583
Very nice. Change, so how's the 1840 with the 1540 pads? Worth it?

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #18,458 of 48,583
It depends on what one is expecting... it definitely has its trade-offs.

The 1540 pads increase the low end on the 1840 by a SIGNIFICANT amount in exchange for a much smaller soundstage and smoother treble...

To me, since I only own the 1840 (or any other open headphone at that) for the purpose of gaming and listening to jazz and classical music... the stock pads are what I prefer.

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #18,459 of 48,583
True. I'd probably prefer the 1840 in stock form. My brain doesn't register trade offs from stock as a good thing the vast majority of the time.

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #18,460 of 48,583
I've asked you this before but I'm not SHURE if you've seen it or not. When you are up to it let me know and I will send them in for review... with both sets of pads.

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #18,461 of 48,583
Yeah man, I have. Lol. Just a bit limited on funds right now (I basically sold all my rare Ps1 games to fund for Ghosts and Ys: Memories of Celceta).

I have a very bad roommate situation, and because I don't know if he's gonna pay his share, I need to save up the little money I get for the evenetual emergency.

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #18,462 of 48,583
Oh ok, I see... I completely understand.

Let me see how December looks once I get all my bills out of the way and I may be able to just paypal you the return shipping cost...
wink.gif

I've posted enough in this thread to finally contribute a headphone for review. And I'm SHURE a lot of us are eager for a new review, anyway... so up to you.

I'll shoot you a PM when I get a clear picture of what my funds will look like. Just don't mistake it for all the other messages you're flooded with lol

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #18,464 of 48,583
I'm down for it, if you are.

So I had to pay $18 to send my KSC35 and Sportapro back to Koss for repair. I'll basically have two KSC35s. May just leave one in my backpack, and one at home, though I guess, one will have to be hooked up to the PE headband (as much as I would rather have clips, I only have one set). was thinking of buying another pair of KSC75s, just for the clips, but even those $10 are something i don't wanna spend. The modded PX100 sounds great, but it isn't as comfortable as I'd like.

And lol, I look at all my messages. I just don't reply to all the generic ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back