Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 29, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #17,686 of 48,566
Borderlands 2?
I haven't heard of the two games you mentioned. I'll check out the Steam app.

They're from '93 and '95. I fell in love with them when I was little. 7th Guest is pretty much the software that secured the future of CD-ROM. If you've never played them they're definitely worth the money and your time. That's why 20 years later I'm still tempted to play them again. Great puzzles, amazing atmosphere, and the live action story telling is still fun to experience. I hold it in as high regard as I do Alone in the Dark from the same period. Ah, the days before ESRB ratings. My parents would let me buy any game I wanted as a kid :p

Rumor keeps circulating that the developers are working on a third story in the series. I'd absolutely love to see that.

Oct 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #17,687 of 48,566
7th Guest is pretty much the software that secured the future of CD-ROM.

I thought Myst did this? In a pretty big way? But yeah I'll check it out.
I remember being SOOO excited for the cutscene treats/rewards in Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight between levels.

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #17,688 of 48,566
I thought Myst did this? In a pretty big way? But yeah I'll check it out.
I remember being SOOO excited for the cutscene treats/rewards in Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight between levels.

Yeah, Myst was also part of the push. It and 7th Guest were the killer apps for CD-ROM at the time. 7th Guest came out first, a few months before Myst I believe, but they were both big sellers.

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #17,689 of 48,566
Jedi Knight? Brilliant. Light sabres, blaster bolts whizzing past and that music, which carried you all the way through the game. Now that I've just written that - the sound was a pretty significant part of that game's greatness. I can't remember if the sound was technically great game wise, but it was memorable, even now and just so iconic.

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #17,690 of 48,566
Muppet Monster Adventure, my very first PS1 game that started it all :]
A brilliant game and I simply just love the score.

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #17,691 of 48,566
If I get a moment to myself (not now, gotta sleep), I'll post a new YouTube vid comparing my closed V-MODA (IMO the LP and M-100 isolate the same, judging from making my friends listen) vs my open K712. Maybe also my Apple EarPods for a baseline, and also my IEMs for quietest-case scenario.

I am still hoping you make this video and haven't forgot about me :D

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #17,692 of 48,566
Wow, iFi Audio really does reply rather quickly. They are sending me a new power supply unit, tomorrow, as they are sure that is the issue.

I hope they're right because I hate to have a longer turnaround should I have to send it in afterwards...

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #17,693 of 48,566
Also has anyone tried the new AURVANA LIVE!2 ? its the new CAL haha "Over-the-ear headset with detachable cable and inline microphone" and they say they have taken then comfort to a whole new level, I wonder if anyone tried them yet.

Oct 29, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #17,695 of 48,566
In the vast amount of gaming experience here in this thread can someone tell me which mix amp to buy ???

I do not want wireless
I will be amping with my arrow 4g
I need the best quality possible

Or maybe someone can recommend a better alternitive to the mix amp within close to the same price

In the end I just need awesome 7.1 for my headphones

Headphone list : UE 6000, SRH840, YAMAHA PRO 400

Thank you much

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #17,696 of 48,566
has there been any kind of confirmation as to what model of headphone those new ATH headsets are? they do look pretty nice but not so nice if they have no bass.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #17,697 of 48,566
  So, the AG2 arrived today and I was about to do some comparing with the iCAN to see if my Mad Dogs do scale better with the extra power. Well, once I tried to turn on the iCAN... it died again...
frown.gif
... and I wasn't able to do any comparing.

Bummer :\

Have you compared the Asgard to the M-stage any?

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #17,698 of 48,566
Not any A/B-ing, yet, but off memory I can definitely tell the MDs and the K712s both scale better with the extra power... expecially the MDs. It gives both headphones more body to their sound signatures and surprisingly has an openness to it as well. Not as large as the M-Stage, I think, but definitely larger than the iCAN on default.

I will do some definite A/B-ing with the M-Stage on Thursday and over the weekend... so I'll be back with more impressions. I'm really liking what I'm hearing, so far.

Ironically, the reason I got this amp was for the MDs... which I just sold to fund something else. It looks like I'll be keeping it, however, because I really like what it's doing to the K712 enough to justify it. I can only hope it has the same effect on what's coming next...
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back