Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 20, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #17,447 of 48,579
Huh...I'm curious to try this game now.
It's not every day you hear a reviewer say "throw on a good pair of headphones, hit the lights, and enjoy."

That game is a MASTERPIECE. When I can say I teared up at the end, and not because it was sad.... that says a lot. That game moved me emotionally, and there isn't even any voices..

GET IT. GET IT NOW. It's short, but OH SO WORTH IT.

Really, shut yourself away from the outside world, and focus on the game from beginning to end. Don't let anything distract you.

Oct 20, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #17,448 of 48,579
1. Denon D7000 (good luck finding one)

Great price on one:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/686654/fs-denon-d-7000-with-brand-new-lawton-pads-shipping-included

Oct 20, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #17,449 of 48,579
That is a very good price, considering he's including the Lawton Pads. Still, I wish his original pads were in good condition.

Not that it makes a diff. I can't afford it.

realistically speaking, it's around how much I would be willing to pay, as it's around what i paid for both the D7000s I bought + lawton pads (which I was gonna buy s well).

But the paypal feels + shipping puts them at a pretty rough price, close enough to TH600 prices.

Oct 20, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #17,450 of 48,579
That is a very good price, considering he's including the Lawton Pads. Still, I wish his original pads were in good condition.

Not that it makes a diff. I can't afford it.

realistically speaking, it's around how much I would be willing to pay, as it's around what i paid for both the D7000s I bought + lawton pads (which I was gonna buy s well).

But the paypal feels + shipping puts them at a pretty rough price, close enough to TH600 prices.

True, but I don't think as many people realize that. I see the 7000 go for $800-$950 on eBay without the Lawton pads.

On another note, my L1 is not selling so if you want to review it for your guide while you're MA900-less, maybe we can figure out some economical shipping for it.

Oct 20, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #17,452 of 48,579
True, but I don't think as many people realize that. I see the 7000 go for $800-$950 on eBay without the Lawton pads.

On another note, my L1 is not selling so if you want to review it for your guide while you're MA900-less, maybe we can figure out some economical shipping for it.

That's very nice of you. :)

sadly, I have offers for the K712, T90, Alpha Dogs, and some others I can't even begin to remember, and right now, I don't have much money nor a proper amp for most of these. The L1 is definitely more achievable, but I should be getting the MA900 by around Wednesday if my calculations are correct. I think I want to get the Alpha Dogs out of the way first and foremost, which won't be for awhile.

Oct 20, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #17,453 of 48,579
That's very nice of you. :)

sadly, I have offers for the K712, T90, Alpha Dogs, and some others I can't even begin to remember, and right now, I don't have much money nor a proper amp for most of these. The L1 is definitely more achievable, but I should be getting the MA900 by around Wednesday if my calculations are correct. I think I want to get the Alpha Dogs out of the way first and foremost, which won't be for awhile.

Gotcha. You're gonna love the AD, maybe not for gaming though.

Could you give me your impressions on the E17 vs the D1?

Oct 20, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #17,454 of 48,579
That game is a MASTERPIECE. When I can say I teared up at the end, and not because it was sad.... that says a lot. That game moved me emotionally, and there isn't even any voices..

Really, shut yourself away from the outside world, and focus on the game from beginning to end. Don't let anything distract you.

I cant see what game is that? The link is being banned by the great communism censorship...
Please review the k712 first :D since it will be out here soon and wanting to hear early impression of it. Are the e12 or 17 not powerful enoug for the akg or md?

Oct 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #17,455 of 48,579
I cant see what game is that? The link is being banned by the great communism censorship...
Please review the k712 first
biggrin.gif
since it will be out here soon and wanting to hear early impression of it. Are the e12 or 17 not powerful enoug for the akg or md?

Can't you really tell it's Journey? Well, I guess :]

Oct 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #17,456 of 48,579
Nop, the link is blocked here, youtube link i assumed?
Journey is ps3 right? Nevermind then.
So regretted i choose 360 over ps3 before. So many exclusives that i missed, and i'm too cheap to buy ps3 now when ps4 is almost out.

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #17,457 of 48,579
If you can afford it, i would highly recommend you get the Sony MA900 over both the 558/598. It's a better can overall, and more comfortable. It's also priced basically the same as the 598 (it may be a smidge more than the 598).

There are a few headphones I'm incredibly passionate about, and I will always recommend them, depending on price bracket:

1. K702 Anniversary / K712 Pro

2. Sony MA900

3. KSC35/Sportapro/KSC75

All of them have generally balanced sound signatures for all around use, and ought to make most people quite happy.

And for the inner basshead inside most of us:

1. Denon D7000 (good luck finding one)

2. Philips Fidelio X1

I might go with that, never would have thought Sony has great headphones too, I like Sony products. :)

Is it Durable?

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #17,458 of 48,579
It looks flimsy, but as long as youre not abusive, I don't see them being problematic.

Oct 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #17,459 of 48,579

Huh...I'm curious to try this game now.
It's not every day you hear a reviewer say "throw on a good pair of headphones, hit the lights, and enjoy."

Wow, that must be a pretty epic game then.
eek.gif

I actually don't have a PS3, but I might be able to play the game from my friend's PS3. I was going to go over to his place and play it, but it seems that I might have to take home the PS3 for a day to play it instead. :p

I was wondering who those characters were for the longest time. I went to a local anime convention earlier this year and a couple people were cosplaying as the hooded figures.

Oct 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #17,460 of 48,579
It's an experience. The music, the characters, the JOURNEY...and in the end there is a massive payoff to beating the game...

If you can help it, try and wait for another person to join... it makes tbe journey soooo much more satisfying, because you feel like you struggled with someone else. I dunno. That game to me is a game I will never, ever forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back