Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 13, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #17,266 of 48,583
Looks like my iCan just died on me...
frown.gif

Edit: Got it to work after leaving it unplugged for a couple minutes. It's odd because I had just plugged it in and was listening for about an hour... so it couldn't of overheated.

Chico, what is it that happened to yours? When it went dead the light would come on for a slight second when plugging in the power cord but dead right after.

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #17,268 of 48,583
  Looks like my iCan just died on me...
frown.gif

Edit: Got it to work after leaving it unplugged for a couple minutes. It's odd because I had just plugged it in and was listening for about an hour... so it couldn't of overheated.

Chico, what is it that happened to yours? When it went dead the light would come on for a slight second when plugging in the power cord but dead right after.

It sounds like yours could be having the same problem mine had. 

Sometimes I would plug mine in and the lights on top would flicker or flash and then it wouldn't power on.  It did this very sparingly at first, and if I unplugged it and replugged it it would work after that.  After a while it would do it more and more often, until finally it would do it every time I tried to power on and was essentially dead.

The iFi support said the problem was likely that power supply had died. They offered to send a replacement PSU, but instead I sent my whole unit back.  I wouldn't recommend doing that though, as it took two weeks for a replacement to come back, and the replacement unit was also defective
frown.gif
  It had a different problem where it made a high pitched noise through the headphones.  I had to send the 2nd one back as well.  Another two weeks went by and I eventually got a 3rd replacement.  This one worked OK so I kept it, and that's the one I'm using now.  I'm also using a little outlet switch now so I can power it ON/OFF easier and also in case that's a better way than pulling the plug out so much.

If yours starts to fail more and more often, it will probably die like mine did.  If that happens I would recommend contacting them and just having them send you a replacement power supply, as that should fix it and it's a lot easier and quicker than what I did.

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #17,270 of 48,583

It sounds like yours could be having the same problem mine had.

Sometimes I would plug mine in and the lights on top would flicker or flash and then it wouldn't power on.  It did this very sparingly at first, and if I unplugged it and replugged it it would work after that.  After a while it would do it more and more often, until finally it would do it every time I tried to power on and was essentially dead.

The iFi support said the problem was likely that power supply had died. They offered to send a replacement PSU, but instead I sent my whole unit back.  I wouldn't recommend doing that though, as it took two weeks for a replacement to come back, and the replacement unit was also defective
frown.gif
  It had a different problem where it made a high pitched noise through the headphones.  I had to send the 2nd one back as well.  Another two weeks went by and I eventually got a 3rd replacement.  This one worked OK so I kept it, and that's the one I'm using now.  I'm also using a little outlet switch now so I can power it ON/OFF easier and also in case that's a better way than pulling the plug out so much.

If yours starts to fail more and more often, it will probably die like mine did.  If that happens I would recommend contacting them and just having them send you a replacement power supply, as that should fix it and it's a lot easier and quicker than what I did.

I think I may just send in the whole unit because the power entry on the back is slightly loose (it can be moved up and down very slightly); I would think from plugging it in and out so often without care. Even if it takes two weeks I would rather be safe than sorry.

I'll email them as soon as it happens, again... *hoping that it doesn't*

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #17,271 of 48,583

I think I may just send in the whole unit because the power entry on the back is slightly loose (it can be moved up and down very slightly); I would think from plugging it in and out so often without care. Even if it takes two weeks I would rather be safe than sorry.

I'll email them as soon as it happens, again... *hoping that it doesn't*

That's fine.  It might take a month though, like it did with me :\  Where did you buy yours from?

You should pick up one of those switchable outlets if you want to save wear and tear on the jack.

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #17,272 of 48,583

That's fine.  It might take a month though, like it did with me :\  Where did you buy yours from?

You should pick up one of those switchable outlets if you want to save wear and tear on the jack.

Picked it up from Avatar Acoustics and fulfilled by Amazon about three months ago. Their now sold out but still have iDACs in stock, I see...

http://www.amazon.com/iDAC-Definition-Asynchronous-Digital-Converter/dp/B00AU06KSQ

Got a link to one of those outlets?

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #17,273 of 48,583

Picked it up from Avatar Acoustics and fulfilled by Amazon about three months ago. Their now sold out but still have iDACs in stock, I see...

http://www.amazon.com/iDAC-Definition-Asynchronous-Digital-Converter/dp/B00AU06KSQ

Got a link to one of those outlets?

Avatar Acoustics is where my replacement units came from so that should be fine.

I picked up the switchable outlet from walmart, so you might check locally first.
Otherwise, here's some:
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F7C016q-Conserve-Power-Switch/dp/B005MYN3OO/ref=pd_cp_pc_0
http://www.amazon.com/52149-Handy-Switch-Grounded-White/dp/B002DNGAZ6/ref=pd_cp_pc_3
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Management-QVS-Single-Port-Adapter-Switch/dp/B004ZT8UZ4/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1381725484&sr=1-13&keywords=switchable+outlet

Oct 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #17,275 of 48,583
  Has there been any new info on the ADG1? Thinking about getting one.

I think they're going to be released in December. 

Oct 14, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #17,279 of 48,583
You can wait for the x1 mk2. They said philips will improve the hi and add replaceable pads.
Although you might wait till next year.

I think you're getting a little ahead of things.

Folks from Philips say they're happy with the X1's sound, but are considering a revision with...replaceable pads!!

By the way it sounded there will not be an X2, just an X1 revision. Though they mentioned the treble being the only area they weren't fully satisfied with - but they said that improving it would price it out of where they want it, securely in mid-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back