Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 6, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #26,416 of 48,565
  Im trying to find a bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Device that will connect to a microphone and send voice chat to a bluetooth recieving device (2.1 + EDR) specifically

Microphone (separate attachment via aux)  -> Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Device -> PS4

It mist be pretty small

Creative E3

Oct 6, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #26,417 of 48,565
  Creative E3

Holy crap! That thing is pretty cool tbh, does it actually worth with ps4/ps3? 

also just another note, can i actually use it with a pair of Q701s with out an amp? (Just other questions)

My main reason for this device tho is sending microphone voice to the ps4 so others can hear me, i will beable to hear them through my headphones tho (mixamp)

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #26,418 of 48,565
Anyone know the exact date of the fidelio x2 release? Definitely getting them after watching tylls. Video on them

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #26,421 of 48,565
Anybody estimate/rumor a date on the Soundblaster X7?

I am very interested in this since my mixamp just took a dump and astro doesn't want to support mixamp users. Lost a lot of faith in them. 

Thanks for posting this Evs.

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #26,423 of 48,565
Early December 2014

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #26,424 of 48,565
I am looking for a small bluetooth adapter that i can connect a MIC ONLY to and send the audio to a ps4, smaller than the Sound Blaster E3? Any Suggestions? 

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #26,426 of 48,565
December is official 
popcorn.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #26,427 of 48,565
hi @madlustenvy, youy mentioned on the ma90 review that
The thin size adjustment mechanism is pretty standard fare, if a bit too loose for my taste. There are no markers/notches,so if you're OCD about having both sides at exactly the same length, you may need a measuring tool of some sort.

i've got a small question to ask about ma900 build quality... where i live, imported goods are opened and checked by custom officers to determined their values. (manually not with x-ray sadly.)

i received my ma900 in an unsealed open box state. i have some minor issue about the headband size adjustment mechanism, and i'd like to ask if this is normal on all ma900 or i'm just a little unfortunate and got a lemon goods.

The right side of the headband i can extend just fine, it has a satisfying clicking sound while being extended (i can extend them 10 times), though a little loose.
The left side of the headband, when i extend, the clicking sound is barely there, and (within that 10 extension), on the 3rd to 6th extension part, it's very loose and smooth, the worst part is that, if i just hold it / or not in the state of wearing it, the left side extension couldn't hold my size adjustment (which is around 4th to 6th click) and keep dropping back on it's own to 2nd, or 1st length.

does the loose extension also happen to your ma900 as well?

secondly, the driver grip part on the L and R circular sign, when i pick up / even just barely touch the headphone right on the L and R sign, the left driver grip part (exactly on the L sign), it emit's a little clickety sound. it's as if it's just a little loose on gripping the driver itself so it can emit sound.

it's 2 fairly minor annoyances but i might have minor OCD so that doesn't help... do you have the same problem?

i have my doubts that custom officers when opening the box to inspect the goods value is destructive enough to cause these 2 problems... however, the box is all ripped out when i received them, and they didn't put them back properly. so i'm wondering abt it and ask here...

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #26,428 of 48,565
I just got my Schiit stack and two pairs of headphones to test out. DT990 Pros and Fidelio X1. After a few days with both, I feel the DT990s sound better to me. I am using the stock cable on the X1. The cable I ordered isn't large enough to plug into the Magni. Wondering if I should waste more money on another cable. I feel the X1 just doesn't feel as clean as the 990s.

How comparable is the bass on the AKG 712 to the X1 and 990?

Oct 7, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #26,429 of 48,565
Hey Mad Lust this guide has helped me SO much with buying gaming/music headphones, one question have you tried the AURVANA LIVE! 2 ? If so thoughts?  I am looking at picking them up and a amp. Also I know this is asking a lot but could you recommend a good amp for them ?  I am kind of clueless about this stuff. 
confused.gif

Thanks again! 

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #26,430 of 48,565
@Stillhart and Evshrug,

thanks for your answers.
I only use this one at the moment: http://www.ld-systems.com/en/signal-processing/hpa-4-headphone-amplifier-4-channel/
But for testing I connected the Q701 direct at the Asus Phoebus and the Creative Z.
It is really strange, because I think, the bass is better, the treble become more extreme and it feels like I need a little bit less power to get the maximum comfort gaming sound (It can be the higher trebles).
What kind of good value for money amp would you recommend? Fiio E09? (max 150€)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back