Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 3, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #26,386 of 48,562
just ordered one of these....

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PMEM1-Headworn-Omni-Directional-Microphone/dp/B003D2S7HA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412381142&sr=8-1&keywords=headworn+microphone

lotsa other types are there on amazon...

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #26,387 of 48,562

I mean... at this point it seems pretty clear that there's something wrong with your Boompro.  You've been talking about it for a week and nobody else is having any of the problems you've mentioned.  

Get a cheap $5 mic off Amazon and test it with your Mixamp and you'll know in about 5 seconds if the problem is your Boompro or Mixamp.

sigh. alright then. will do that.
I'm just curious as to why then would the BoomPro work on my DS4 and Note3 perfectly? - the problem only occurs with the Mixamp

@ wilflare check out my post a few pages back, that should help with your mic issues, I had a similar one with the a40's mic extremely sensitive and ps4 wouldn't recognize commands (mixamp pro 2013)

I think I found your post. could you explain again what exactly you did?
so the mic goes into the Xbox Chat input? 

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #26,388 of 48,562
  Anyone know how to get the Q701s with DSS2 to work with a external mic on PS4?

Buy a Steelseries Audiomixer or a similar device from other manufacturer

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #26,390 of 48,562
Anyone know how to get the Q701s with DSS2 to work with a external mic on PS4?

A desktop USB mic can plug straight into the PS4, so you wouldn't need additional adapters. I use a Blue Microphone Snowball iCE; it works great as I play on a monitor at a desk, though I've also used it in the living room placed on a table and Axel said he could hear me fine even though I was like 2.5 feet or so away. Another mic I was considering was a Samson portable USB mic, but the Snowball ended up being cheaper 2nd hand on eBay.

Oct 4, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #26,392 of 48,562
Well, the X1 has been sold to my friend..........its only a matter of time before my hands lay upon the X2

muahahaha.

I will miss thee x1, first headphone to get me into this incredible world of audio, which of i didnt know existed..... :frowning2: I will miss thee but its new brother will cheer me up :)

As soon as I get my hands on one of the new X2, I will come here to give some feedback, although im still a noob, especially at explaining sound. I will do my best to test it out with my current set up with games....

OMG i cant wait lol

Im still buying an akg k712....at least i think I am unless other wise the X2 is good enough of a competitor against the k712, which it seems...from one of the threads i read here, he has told me that it may be just as good as the akg k712....

Cant wait to read more reviews and comparisons against some of the other headphones out there. The X1 is still a great headphone, overall, but from what i have read, it seems they have fixed or made subtle changes to the sound, so I wouldnt be surprised if it gets ranked high up there with 8 and 9 rating headphones as well. Of course, numbers are a mere result and not conclusive on weather you like warm headphones or not.... I like them, and I think I will forever embrace warmth sound....

Unless Im doing some harcore competitive FPS.....but since I like something thats in between nowadays.....more immersion while keeping clarity at the same time....

I just wanted to throw this thought out thats all :p

Oct 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #26,394 of 48,562
  So after Tyll's Fidelio X2 review, who of you owners will make the jump? 
evil_smiley.gif

I'm thinking I'll try to get my hands on a pair for a demo when they come out, but not sure if I'll buy them.

I might, once it drops under $250.

Or until you get bitten with the bug as you have so many times in the past. :wink:

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #26,395 of 48,562
Oct 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #26,396 of 48,562
Looks great, and seems to fix all the issues I had with it. A shame about it having less bass, though going by the graphs, is still on the bass side, with everything bassy after 30hz being at least on par with the mids and then emphasized, so it will still be quite full and deep. What bothers me is that Tyll says they still need more control.

I'm sure it's still gonna be the headphone to get at the price range for all rounders.

And no guys, I'm not buying one. I'd like one, as my headset w/Boompro, but I'm not going to justify any more headphones.

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #26,397 of 48,562
Axel, I think I've been pretty bug-free for quite a while since I bought the HP200 :)

Stillhart, just because I'm a borderline basshead doesn't mean I don't like neutral/balanced HPs. My HP200 is neutral-ish, even with the alcantaras. I loved the Q701, K612, K712, SRH1840, HP100, etc. I'm pretty sure I'll love the X2. :wink:

I have a wide variety of taste, so having a neutral HP to compliment my bassy one is a must for me.

MLE, not yet... but in due time you will :wink:

Oct 4, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #26,398 of 48,562
Well to late for me, they just came and picked up my X1.....bye bye x1, I love thee...got you for 165 bucks during that deal back in January....b :*( first expensive headphone I bought and got me here at head-fi....

But I will be buying the X2, as an all around of what the x1 was, im sure the x2 will still be an all around headphone. 

I know some are going to wait till the price drops and stuff...but since i got them for 165 and sold them for 200...i got a good deal and good use of the X1, the new owner will take care of them and actually have a better sound, now that they are fairly burned in.

So, techinically, ill be paying the original price that the X1 was a few months ago or few days ago as well but now for an updated version...the x2. Plus all i have to put is the difference, which would be about 130 dollars more, thats all

:)

I just hope this will be the last headphone i will buy in a while....i hope.

but probobly not lol

BUT MLE

you said that it has less bass....i thought that was one of the issues you had in your review of the x1...wouldnt that favor the x2 over the x1? and would increase its more competitive oriented score and maybe drop points in immersion?

Oct 4, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #26,399 of 48,562
No. I said the X1 needs better control of it's bass, not that it needs less.

As for me personally, some headphones give me mid bass fatigue. It doesn't even have anything to do with how
strong it is. For example, the Q701 gave me bass fatigue, while the Pro 900 didn't. The Pro 900 is a mid bass monster, yet the bass didn't bother me in the least. It has excellent control as well.

Something about the way bass hits my ears with certain headphones that irritates my ears. I would probably have problems with the X2 if the X1 is any indication.

As for scores, its headphone to headphone basis. The scores are subjective, and who knows, the X2 may fit my preferences better than the X1 and score the same or higher. Again, don't put all your stock on scores.

Oct 4, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #26,400 of 48,562
No. I said the X1 needs better control of it's bass, not that it needs less.

As for me personally, some headphones give me mid bass fatigue. It doesn't even have anything to do with how
strong it is. For example, the Q701 gave me bass fatigue, while the Pro 900 didn't. The Pro 900 is a mid bass monster, yet the bass didn't bother me in the least. It has excellent control as well.

Something about the way bass hits my ears with certain headphones that irritates my ears. I would probably have problems with the X2 if the X1 is any indication.

As for scores, its headphone to headphone basis. The scores are subjective, and who knows, the X2 may fit my preferences better than the X1 and score the same or higher. Again, don't put all your stock on scores.

Oh ok, must have misread that.

Yes, i dont base anything usually on numbers or scores. I like bass and dont have problem with it. Like you said, to some it may be bad but to some its good and welcomed.

Since I already sold my x1....im going to buy the x2 as soon as its available...

Im just glad the x2 has replacable pads. While my x1 were still in great condition, i noticed how they have slighlty started to slim down a bit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back