Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #22,576 of 48,562
My AC is constantly on around 70-71, and my huge fan was on the mid-hi at all times. If it were quieter, I'd have put it on max, but the damn thing would drown out even good speakers. The Vornado is sooooo much cooler and quieter, and if I ever get hot, I have two more stronger settings, which really move air in the room. I literally have the fan aimed at a corner of the room, and feel the air as if the ac was coming from that corner of the room.

I need one because summer is on its way and I'm fat.

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #22,578 of 48,562
  see below

I was looking at the Asus PA248Q, slightly less wide color gamut than the 23" you linked but it's an inch bigger and about $100 cheaper ($110 with rebate). However... what I came around to deciding is that 4k displays are going to get more affordable soon, models with NVIDIA G-Sync will come out, and IPS will continue maturing. I do want a monitor NOW, but I decided to go with the more modest Asus VS239H-P that only costs $160, and I can turn sideways to use as a second monitor once either a must-have new tech display comes out that my GTX660 can make good use with, or once I have clients/need for a professional 27" 4k monitor (which I'll probably want a new graphics card to drive). The VS239H-P ought to be very good with my PS4 and PC.

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #22,579 of 48,562
Its great. At first I had it aimed at the ceiling directly over my bed, but damn... it was like a draft...

I recommend aiming at at a wall near you.

It literally sends out an air beam, so you DONT want it aimed directly at you, lol.

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #22,581 of 48,562
  As long as your choice makes you happy 
beerchug.gif

Satisfies me for now, but those really in-depth reviews are a great resource

Nothing makes him happy.

Eh
*shrug*

Did I tell you about how you can type faster with a PS4 controller than the other consoles?

Quote:
  Contentment is the enemy of progress. That's how I justify never being happy anyway :)

I have a similar theory about pessimists... they just believe things can be better. Also a great line in Muse's "Hoodoo" where they say I've had recurring nightmares/ where I was loved for who I am/ lost the opportunity to be a better man...

G-sync and 4k (for gaming) are still a ways off from even being remotely mature so I say you made a good choice. And the Asus can always be used as a desk display for PS3/4 and/or secondary monitor.  

Thanks, that's the plan :)

You know what makes me happy?

Vornado 660.

Bought this on impulse

This fan quite literally pushes so much air, its second lowest setting can be felt in the entire room, and is really quiet for a fan. The two highest settings sound like a normal fan, but the entire room is circulating air like the AC is on at all times. I'm
blown away by how good it is.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to actively do my homework on good fans. I don't think I'll ever sweat again in my room.

LOL

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #22,582 of 48,562
  I have a similar theory about pessimists... they just believe things can be better. Also a great line in Muse's "Hoodoo" where they say I've had recurring nightmares/ where I was loved for who I am/ lost the opportunity to be a better man...

Jeez, you're even optimistic about pessimists!  Your kind sicken me. 
angry_face.gif

Hardware with G-sync is supposed to be available this year. What makes you (not Ev specifically) think it needs time to mature?  Is it because there will be software issues?  I'd think the Nvidia drivers would take care of that.

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #22,583 of 48,562

The problem with my post is it makes me sound like someone that is striving to be a better person. In reality it's a lie, I just want better stuff lol.

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #22,584 of 48,562

DEKITA!

MMMMMM, DAT COMFORT.

Clearer, less bassy, and more balanced than the quite warm HS-15. I think we have a winner.

Apr 3, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #22,586 of 48,562

It's good that he reviewed it, but the poor guy... That was like one of the least professional reviews I've seen in a while, but at least it was honest.

When I get it, I'll let you know what I think.

Jeez, you're even optimistic about pessimists!  Your kind sicken me.  :angry_face:

Hardware with G-sync is supposed to be available this year. What makes you (not Ev specifically) think it needs time to mature?  Is it because there will be software issues?  I'd think the Nvidia drivers would take care of that.

Oh I know it was later this year. Right now you can only get it as a mod for one of the Asus monitors, but "mature" would be less expensive and built-in :) the Asus ROG monitor looks like it'll be nice, but I'm not gonna spend $800 on a monitor :wink:

Rather spend it on an awesome DAC/amp :wink:

Apr 3, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #22,588 of 48,562
Ultrasone and balanced?! You gotta be kitten me -_-

I know. Its not normal, but these ARE old, lol. Sones are known for being bright aggressive and super bassy. The 15 was warm, non fatiguing, though bassy. The 15g is still on the bassy side, but fast bass, more neutral in tone, and still a little peaky in the treble. Still as far as Sones go, this is my favorite in terms of balance.

A lot less fatiguing and glaring than the Pro 900 and 2900. The HS15 isn't fatiguing in the least.

The 15g would compare well to the PX100-ii, being clearer and more spacious. The pX100-ii has a wall of sound in comparison.

Apr 3, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #22,589 of 48,562
I know. Its not normal, but these ARE old, lol. Sones are known for being bright aggressive and super bassy. The 15 was warm, non fatiguing, though bassy. The 15g is still on the bassy side, but fast bass, more neutral in tone, and still a little peaky in the treble. Still as far as Sones go, this is my favorite in terms of balance.

A lot less fatiguing and glaring than the Pro 900 and 2900. The HS15 isn't fatiguing in the least.

The 15g would compare well to the PX100-ii, being clearer and more spacious. The pX100-ii has a wall of sound in comparison.

Good I was getting worried that Ultrasone started producing good headphones for reasonable prices.
Phew, no apocalypse then :wink:
Also, glad you're liking them ^_^

Apr 3, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #22,590 of 48,562

DEKITA!

MMMMMM, DAT COMFORT.

Clearer, less bassy, and more balanced than the quite warm HS-15. I think we have a winner.

Might as well hand that over when the AKGs arrive... 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back