Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 14, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #41,356 of 48,562
How do I get mic support with the X7 connected to PS4? I have hd660s and blue yeti or Sennheiser game ones. I thought switching to the game ones would make it work but I read that front mic port is not supported by PS4. I've seen people on here talking about the bluetooth adapter from creative but I was reading what it does and it sounds like it is just for bluetooth headphones. Unless I am missing something?
Use your blue yeti as a mic for your ps4

Oct 15, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #41,360 of 48,562
How do I get mic support with the X7 connected to PS4? I have hd660s and blue yeti or Sennheiser game ones. I thought switching to the game ones would make it work but I read that front mic port is not supported by PS4. I've seen people on here talking about the bluetooth adapter from creative but I was reading what it does and it sounds like it is just for bluetooth headphones. Unless I am missing something?
Adapter is called BT-W2. You pair it with the X7 and then plug it into the PS4 and set headset output to chat audio. Creative adapter is not the only one that would work on PS4 though, all adapters that advertise themselves as usb audio devices will work.

Oct 20, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #41,361 of 48,562
I need an external DAC/amp strictly for PC use, and even after reading @MLE's reviews and this entire thread I'm not sure if I should be going with the G6 or the GSX-1000/1200. Pricing up here in Canada is close between the two ($200 for the G6, but the GSX-1200 is $257 on Amazon right now). I currently have Shure SRH-840s and an old pair of Senn HD-555s, though I might pick up the HD 58X. I know the G6 will do a better job of driving the 58X, even without external gear, but the software seems flakey and some users report clicking. General consensus seems to be that the GSX-1000/1200 has slightly better surround and "just works". I dual boot a PC/Hackintosh, and while my X-fi Forte still works well on the PC side I can't get it working in macOS.

Any opinions from current G6 or GSX-1000/1200 owners? Thanks in advance.

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #41,362 of 48,562
I need an external DAC/amp strictly for PC use, and even after reading @MLE's reviews and this entire thread I'm not sure if I should be going with the G6 or the GSX-1000/1200. Pricing up here in Canada is close between the two ($200 for the G6, but the GSX-1200 is $257 on Amazon right now). I currently have Shure SRH-840s and an old pair of Senn HD-555s, though I might pick up the HD 58X. I know the G6 will do a better job of driving the 58X, even without external gear, but the software seems flakey and some users report clicking. General consensus seems to be that the GSX-1000/1200 has slightly better surround and "just works". I dual boot a PC/Hackintosh, and while my X-fi Forte still works well on the PC side I can't get it working in macOS.

Any opinions from current G6 or GSX-1000/1200 owners? Thanks in advance.
GSX if you only play on pc.

Oct 20, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #41,363 of 48,562
The G6 has a new driver update. 10-19-18

CLICK HERE

I haven't tested it yet, and it doesn't say anything about fixing the settings issue, but perhaps t may have been a stealth fix. Doesn't hurt to download it and see.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #41,364 of 48,562
hi,

i have the creative x7, and the only thing that drives me insane about it is the side tone or mic monitor function, when i use it even with all the effects turned off there is a delay thats bad enough that i couldn't read a magazine aloud with it on without it annoying the hell out of me. Mixer boards and other gaming mix amps dont have this level of delay but dont sound as good as the x7.

Could anyone who has the g6 turn on the side tone and try reading a book aloud and see if its instant feedback or if there is a delay please? if you are not sure try turning "listen to this device" on in the windows mic settings and that will show you an example of the delay that plagues the x7.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #41,365 of 48,562
Hey everyone I l am new a complete audio noob and been looking to replace my old Logitech Headset with something new.. The headphones will only be used for gaming (mmo, RPG, Survial FPS) I play a bit of everything and prefere something more on the FUN side. I mostly game on the PC but lately I been playing a bit more xbox one x. While it's not a must for the headphones to work on the xbox it will be a plus.

I am currently looking at headset and Head phone options and really not sure what direction to go Here are some options i am looking at:

Headsets:
Hyperx alpha
HyperX Cloud MIx (when they will be available in Canada)
Sennheiser game one
Sennheiser gsp 500
Creative Sound BlasterX H5
Creative Sound BlasterX H7

Head Phones:
AKG k7xx
AKG 702
Ath-ad 700x or 900x
Dt770 or 990
Sennheiser 598
HIFIMAN HE-400i
Crossfade M-100

I have no amp or dac but will be buying the the G6 because it seems like the most portable option if i want to move from PC to Console.

Mics are also very important since i play alot of MMO's and i also work from home and will be using the headset will my phone system. I am not sure if i want a usb mic for example for snowball or yet. Since my concern is the clicking sound of the keyboard plus how clear i will be on skype and discord.

Thanks for all the help and i appreciate any recommendation and advice you can give me and also opened to other headsets which might be a better for me.

One more thing as a side note. Do you guys have any opinion on the Porta Pro Wireless. I was thinking of picking them up for when i am traveling and they can connect bluetooth to my surface.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #41,366 of 48,562
Hey everyone I l am new a complete audio noob and been looking to replace my old Logitech Headset with something new.. The headphones will only be used for gaming (mmo, RPG, Survial FPS) I play a bit of everything and prefere something more on the FUN side. I mostly game on the PC but lately I been playing a bit more xbox one x. While it's not a must for the headphones to work on the xbox it will be a plus.

I am currently looking at headset and Head phone options and really not sure what direction to go Here are some options i am looking at:

Headsets:
Hyperx alpha
Sennheiser game one
Sennheiser gsp 500

Head Phones:
AKG k7xx
AKG 702
Ath-ad 700x or 900x
Dt770 or 990
Sennheiser 598
HIFIMAN HE-400i

I have no amp or dac but will be buying the the G6 because it seems like the most portable option if i want to move from PC to Console.

Mics are also very important since i play alot of MMO's and i also work from home and will be using the headset will my phone system. I am not sure if i want a usb mic for example for snowball or yet. Since my concern is the clicking sound of the keyboard plus how clear i will be on skype and discord.

Thanks for all the help and i appreciate any recommendation and advice you can give me and also opened to other headsets which might be a better for me.

One more thing as a side note. Do you guys have any opinion on the Porta Pro Wireless. I was thinking of picking them up for when i am traveling and they can connect bluetooth to my surface.

thanks in advance
I'd go with the Phillips Fidelio X2 plus a v-moda boompro mic, IMO that combo it's the best of both worlds in your price range (headphones vs headset). They are on the fun side, extremely comfortable with really big soundstage and they check all your requirements. Easy to drive (20 ohm impedance) and you can connect them everywhere without an amp. I connect them directly to my phone and do conference calls, everybody says the mic is great. For gaming, they really shine on the G6. You can't beat their versatility and comfort.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #41,367 of 48,562
I'd go with the Phillips Fidelio X2 plus a v-moda boompro mic, IMO that combo it's the best of both worlds in your price range (headphones vs headset). They are on the fun side, extremely comfortable with really big soundstage and they check all your requirements. Easy to drive (20 ohm impedance) and you can connect them everywhere without an amp. I connect them directly to my phone and do conference calls, everybody says the mic is great. For gaming, they really shine on the G6. You can't beat their versatility and comfort.

thank you for the reply i am taking a look at the Philips X2HR seems like there is no place near me or newegg doesnt sell them either. Amazon is selling them for 400$. Is that a good price for them?

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #41,368 of 48,562
thank you for the reply i am taking a look at the Philips X2HR seems like there is no place near me or newegg doesnt sell them either. Amazon is selling them for 400$. Is that a good price for them?
No, $400 is a lot for them. I've seen them as low as $150 and normally they can be found for around $200 to $250 (at least in the US)

Amazon US has them for $256 atm. Try eBay, you might find something cheaper closer to you.

Oct 22, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #41,370 of 48,562

Headsets:
Hyperx alpha
Sennheiser game one
Sennheiser gsp 500

Head Phones:
AKG k7xx
AKG 702
Ath-ad 700x or 900x
Dt770 or 990
Sennheiser 598
HIFIMAN HE-400i

thanks in advance

GSP500 if all you want to do with it is gaming. It's a step up from a game one and both are by far the best options you have mentioned for headsets.

598 or 599 if you want to listen some music as well and amp with your G6.

K7xx or K702 (but I'd take the 7XX0 for some music as well but you'll need a decent headphone amp to get the best out of these. They are nicely spatial for gaming though and would do well with your G6 for gaming but to really hear what they ca do with music you need a quality amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back