I think I'm in too deep.
Jun 7, 2011 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

fluffygdog95

500+ Head-Fier
Last night I had a dream featuring headphones.

I came upon a dimly lit library with many shelves. Rather than having books on the shelves, various headphones were present. From left to right they seemed to increase in quality. On the left there were headphones such as Koss PortaPros and KSC75s. In the middle there were headphones like Beyerdynamic DT770/DT880/DT990, Sennheiser HD600/HD650, Denon D2000, and more. Then,  on the right, I saw the holy grail of shelves. The shelf was a beautiful wood and had a light pointed at it, almost to honour it. 

This shelf had Sennheiser Orpheus, Sony R10, Qualia, K1000, and any high end you can imagine. I was excited. I immediately grabbed the R10 and handled it as gently as a baby. I placed them on my head and pressed play. 

I heard a tinny, horrible sound. I was shocked and appalled. But then I thought, "These must be the bass-light version, duh." (That made sense in my dream). So I grabbed the other pair of R10 and placed them on my head. It was everything I dreamed it to be, literally. The bass was creamy and delicious, the mids were liquid smooth, and the highs were so sparkly I could be blinded if I closed my eyes.

It was a great dream so far, but then things got weird. I grabbed the Sennheiser Orpheus next, while I still had the R10 on my head. I had it by the earcups so the headband was facing upwards. I then proceeded to bite the headband. I bit the Sennheiser Orpheus. The Orpheus. I snapped out of it, luckily, and placed exchanged them with the R10 on my head. I then woke up feeling happy, yet very confused. 

I'm in too deep into this hobby. 

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #2 of 16

Quote:

I came upon a dimly lit library with many shelves. Rather than having books on the shelves, various headphones were present. From left to right they seemed to increase in quality. On the left there were headphones such as Koss PortaPros and KSC75s. In the middle there were headphones like Beyerdynamic DT770/DT880/DT990, Sennheiser HD600/HD650, Denon D2000, and more. Then,  on the right, I saw the holy grail of shelves. The shelf was a beautiful wood and had a light pointed at it, almost to honour it. 

This shelf had Sennheiser Orpheus, Sony R10, Qualia, K1000, and any high end you can imagine. I was excited. I immediately grabbed the R10 and handled it as gently as a baby. I placed them on my head and pressed play. 

I heard a tinny, horrible sound. I was shocked and appalled. But then I thought, "These must be the bass-light version, duh." (That made sense in my dream). So I grabbed the other pair of R10 and placed them on my head. It was everything I dreamed it to be, literally. The bass was creamy and delicious, the mids were liquid smooth, and the highs were so sparkly I could be blinded if I closed my eyes.

It was a great dream so far, but then things got weird. I grabbed the Sennheiser Orpheus next, while I still had the R10 on my head. I had it by the earcups so the headband was facing upwards. I then proceeded to bite the headband. I bit the Sennheiser Orpheus. The Orpheus. I snapped out of it, luckily, and placed exchanged them with the R10 on my head. I then woke up feeling happy, yet very confused. 

Yes, indeed you're into "it" too deep.  How deep only you can tell.

You need to slowly switch your HPs hobby to another hobby such as golfing or hiking to release your energy. There will be a withdraw consequence(s) so you may need professional help if that should occur.

According to Freud, your need for female compassion has manifested into the dreams of a pair of headphones that represent woman physical intimidated parts. If you have dreams of snakes then you should evaluate your life style.
biggrin.gif

Do not be confused . I have dreams of beautiful woman often and I normally wake up and take a long drive to the massage place to relax and I also bring my HPs along with me. As long as you are happy, be happy and have a happy ending,
darthsmile.gif

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 16
Watch your headphones at the next meet people..... we have a biter on our hands.
tongue.gif

Jun 8, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #6 of 16
I'm glad you woke up before n3rdling turned into the HULK!!

(That is a MUCH better dream than being chased by the police...or so I've heard.)

Jun 8, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 16
Don't they have places like this, minus the top tier stuff, over in Japan?

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
Yes, indeed you're into "it" too deep.  How deep only you can tell.

You need to slowly switch your HPs hobby to another hobby such as golfing or hiking to release your energy. There will be a withdraw consequence(s) so you may need professional help if that should occur.

According to Freud, your need for female compassion has manifested into the dreams of a pair of headphones that represent woman physical intimidated parts. If you have dreams of snakes then you should evaluate your life style.
biggrin.gif

Do not be confused . I have dreams of beautiful woman often and I normally wake up and take a long drive to the massage place to relax and I also bring my HPs along with me. As long as you are happy, be happy and have a happy ending,
darthsmile.gif

I love the Freudian approach! I'm a psychology major, so maybe I should write a thesis paper on this! :D

Quote:
Watch your headphones at the next meet people..... we have a biter on our hands.
tongue.gif

I won't bite them too much. :p Just for a taste. One doesn't have many opportunities in life to bite such nice equipment.

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Love your dream!

At least you haven't had dreams of speakers yet.
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't dreamed of speakers yet, though perusing through the high-end forum and seeing many of the nicer rigs may lead me down that path. Some of the speakers I have seen are GORGEOUS!

Quote:
I wish my dreams were that coherent.  Last dream I remember I was buying handcrafted blow darts to hunt foxes with.

I have always had very vivid and detailed dreams. In every dream I can taste, smell, see, feel, and hear. Occasionally I am able to control the dream and have sort of "super powers."

I have had really boring dreams, though. Waiting in line at the post office is not a fun dream. :c

Quote:
I'm glad you woke up before n3rdling turned into the HULK!!

(That is a MUCH better dream than being chased by the police...or so I've heard.)

Don't make him angry. You won't like him when he's angry. >:)

I haven't dreamed of being chased by the police, though with my luck I will tonight. I'll let you know!

Quote:

Yeah. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/554569/yodobashi-camera-in-akihabra

O.O I want to go to Japan just to have that experience. There are many more shops than that one.

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #10 of 16
I was thinking of trying to make your dream a reality at one point...these units + the $12 rubbermaid hose holder/headphone stands would have been the MUCH less expensive part of the dream!

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #11 of 16

Perfect song for you!.

Nat.

Jun 12, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #12 of 16

Quote:

Wow, you dreamed headphones. Congrats, you are VERY DEEP into this hobby (and I mean that; that is, if you actually dreamed about it). I own the Sennheiser HD650 (actually, I own various pairs, including Sennheiser 280pro, but the HD650 is by far the best headphone I have). Allow me to interpret your dream, at least in part. Your quest to seek great headphones bespeaks a deeper journey seeking great music. I don't know if you listen to high-resolution music (sacd, blu ray, and dvd-audio), but great music plus audio begins with classical music. Interestingly classical music is the most diffiucult to reproduce via headphones. High resolution classical music: best upgrade overall.

Jun 12, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #13 of 16
THATS WHAT SHE SAID.

I want a proper headphone :\
All I have is IEMs...have to keep dreaming :frowning2:

Jun 12, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #14 of 16

Quote:

Where?

I've seen one headphone store in Osaka that has dozens of headphones on display to try, is that the one you mean? Or somewhere else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back