Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Apr 11, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #1,771 of 1,921
I suspect you are another victim of the stock case making the buttons overly sensitive. An easy mod described way at the start of the thread is to take the player out of the case and rip out the interior foam where they cover the buttons (there are cutouts for them, they just haven't actually been cut out). Then, the buttons are no longer susceptible to accidental activation, while still responding to purposeful presses.

If you are still after completely disabling the buttons, I would have to ask the devs...
You're correct, the plastic tabs are the culprit. I took out the ones on the left a few hours ago and haven't had as much accidental presses since then. Not totally eliminated but way better than before.

Still would be nice to have the option to completely disable specific buttons though. 🙂 Thanks!

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #1,772 of 1,921
You can use replaygain to achieve this. It doesn't reencode the media, but adds tags to the metadata to normalize volume on playback.
Thanks, shall look into it and do some research.
The way I do it is as simple as I possibly can, I make a new folder in the PC with the album name, insert the flac files and cover and transfer it to the Hiby, I suspect what you are suggesting takes more effort ?

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #1,773 of 1,921
Thanks, shall look into it and do some research.
The way I do it is as simple as I possibly can, I make a new folder in the PC with the album name, insert the flac files and cover and transfer it to the Hiby, I suspect what you are suggesting takes more effort ?

You will need to scan the files with something like foobar2000 to generate the replaygain metadata tags (which are saved to the media file). Again, no data is reencoded or lost, and the files will continue to play as normal. You will need to turn on replaygain in the player to get the benefit. Most players have this option.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain

Edit:

Note that your files may already (likely) have replaygain metadata. Foobar2000 scanning would only be needed for ones that don't...

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #1,774 of 1,921
You will need to scan the files with something like foobar2000 to generate the replaygain metadata tags (which are saved to the media file). Again, no data is reencoded or lost, and the files will continue to play as normal. You will need to turn on replaygain in the player to get the benefit. Most players have this option.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain

Edit:

Note that your files may already (likely) have replaygain metadata. Foobar2000 scanning would only be needed for ones that don't...
Yes the Hiby has the setting for replaygain, just found it. So if I install Foobar2000 on the Hiby and do a scan, it will save whatever it has to save and after that the Hiby audio player itself shall be able use the data that Foobar has saved and use replaygain. Is this correct ?

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #1,775 of 1,921
Yes the Hiby has the setting for replaygain, just found it. So if I install Foobar2000 on the Hiby and do a scan, it will save whatever it has to save and after that the Hiby audio player itself shall be able use the data that Foobar has saved and use replaygain. Is this correct ?

Yes, that's correct. You can do it on Android but it may take a while to scan every file. I normally use Foobar2000 on Windows or MacOS where it's much faster.

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #1,777 of 1,921
what usb-C generation here? 2.0 or 3.2 ?

Apr 13, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #1,781 of 1,921
Hello,

I have received my new HiBy R6 Pro II yesterday afternoon. I have updated it up to Firmware version 1.24 via OTA but It could not find the latest Firmware v1.30. I've tried yesterday and this morning, as well, it cannot find it.

So, I went on Facebook, even though I do not have a profile, and I've searched manually. I found the post HiBy R6 Pro II - Version 1.30 Firmware Update and I've just downloaded it, installed it and did a factory reset afterwards to be sure. I've already installed my Apps and everything seems to work fine.

Here's the post for the 1.30 firmware:

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom/po...rG28s2Neemp5zxfefLUmXBNXzv1YhgFPAuYWaETxnQGfl

I have tested both the 3.5mm and 4.4mm outputs and they seem to function properly. I need to do more testing.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #1,782 of 1,921
Good to hear it has been exchanged, never in doubt it would be exchanged as you bought from a reputable place however it is always stressful waiting until it is resolved.
Now you can relax and enjoy the Hiby.

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #1,783 of 1,921
Are there any Optimal Settings for the Hiby Music App that you, people, would suggest?

I've left everything at Default, besides Font size settings which I've turned to System defined.
I am not using any EQ, PEQ, DSP etc (yet)
I am listening to WAV files, exclusively, no other audio file type.

Also, has anyone used the Lyrics setting? Does it work for you? For me, it never fetches the correct lyrics, I've tried with different songs. Is there a way to change the source from where it fetches the Lyrics?

Finally, does it have any meaning and are there any benefits to my user experience if I will create an account and log in to HiBy Music?

@Joe Bloggs ?

Thank you

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #1,784 of 1,921
Are there any Optimal Settings for the Hiby Music App that you, people, would suggest?

I've left everything at Default, besides Font size settings which I've turned to System defined.
I am not using any EQ, PEQ, DSP etc (yet)
I am listening to WAV files, exclusively, no other audio file type.

Also, has anyone used the Lyrics setting? Does it work for you? For me, it never fetches the correct lyrics, I've tried with different songs. Is there a way to change the source from where it fetches the Lyrics?

Finally, does it have any meaning and are there any benefits to my user experience if I will create an account and log in to HiBy Music?

@Joe Bloggs ?

Thank you
Hi Nick,

If you mean in terms of sound, on a HiBy branded DAP, the default settings for the app should work just fine.

Do you have .LRC lyrics files for any of your music by any chance?

A HiByMusic account would be used to validate any feature extensions you purchase for the app. However, most such extensions are already activated for the app loaded on one of our players.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 14, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #1,785 of 1,921
Hi Nick,

If you mean in terms of sound, on a HiBy branded DAP, the default settings for the app should work just fine.

Do you have .LRC lyrics files for any of your music by any chance?

A HiByMusic account would be used to validate any feature extensions you purchase for the app. However, most such extensions are already activated for the app loaded on one of our players.
Hi @Joe Bloggs thank you for your reply

Okay, it is clear to me now re: Default Settings = Optimal Settings and about the HiBy account.

Regarding the Lyrics, I do not have them saved in the metadata of my audio files. I thought HiBy Music App would fetch them from the Internet but it does not work. It brings lyrics for other songs. Some of them are with Chinese characters. Is there a way to set the website from where it will get the lyrics?
For example, this one:
https://www.musixmatch.com/

Note: I would like to clarify that I am referring to the setting: "Obtain lyrics and cover art online"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back