Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Apr 14, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #1,787 of 1,921
Hi @Joe Bloggs thank you for your reply

Okay, it is clear to me now re: Default Settings = Optimal Settings and about the HiBy account.

Regarding the Lyrics, I do not have them saved in the metadata of my audio files. I thought HiBy Music App would fetch them from the Internet but it does not work. It brings lyrics for other songs. Some of them are with Chinese characters. Is there a way to set the website from where it will get the lyrics?
For example, this one:
https://www.musixmatch.com/

Note: I would like to clarify that I am referring to the setting: "Obtain lyrics and cover art online"
The program in HiByMusic to obtain lyrics cannot yet be modified as such.

I would suggest to obtain the LRC files first using this: https://github.com/fashni/MxLRC

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 15, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #1,788 of 1,921
Put in a couple of DSD albums just out of curiosity to see what difference there is and the only way they play well in the DSD setting is in PCM mode, in DoP the sound is garbage, so do DSD files have to be played in PCM mode ?

Apr 15, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #1,789 of 1,921
One thing I've observed: the battery charging limit is kept (remembered) only if the device will never power off.
If the device is shut down, either by the user or if the battery will deplete, it charges up to 100%, independently from the set charging limit.
I had it playing until the battery dropped down to 0% and it auto shut down. Then I plugged it into the charger and, as soon as it reached a certain level, I powered it on again. It kept charging past my set limit, which is 85%

@Joe Bloggs is there an ETA for the new firmware which will, eventually, fix the already reported Digital Filters' issue, together with the other one re: HiBy Music I've reported, and can we hope for a bigger icon for the battery charging progress [bar] while the device is powered off?

EDIT:
Sorry, do I need to do something specific to set the battery charging level to 85% , for example? Because it does not seem to work for me!
Since yesterday, I've set it to 85% by going to Battery / Max battery and pulled back the slider to 85. Then I shut it down.
Today, when the DAP was at 13% and without shutting it down, I've plugged it into the charger and left it.
When I returned back it was at 89% already and I had to unplug it to stop it!

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #1,790 of 1,921
Is it still set to 85% but charging to 100%?

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #1,791 of 1,921
@Nick24JJ This will happen if the DAP is powered down while charging. The 85% cap is software-based, and when the DAP is powered down, the software is not running, so it goes to full. You must leave it on while charging to prevent going past the cap.

-Ed

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #1,792 of 1,921
Like ED said if it is powered down it will keep charging, be good if there was a way it was not software based. My Samsung phone even when powered down will only charge to the 85% that is specified by myself.

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #1,793 of 1,921

@Nick24JJ This will happen if the DAP is powered down while charging. The 85% cap is software-based, and when the DAP is powered down, the software is not running, so it goes to full. You must leave it on while charging to prevent going past the cap.

-Ed

Yes, this is what I did, left it on and started to charge it when it was at 13%
The limiter was set to 85
I will test further

Thank you :)

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #1,794 of 1,921
Put in a couple of DSD albums just out of curiosity to see what difference there is and the only way they play well in the DSD setting is in PCM mode, in DoP the sound is garbage, so do DSD files have to be played in PCM mode ?
I play my DSD files natively with no issues. Using UAPP though.

Apr 16, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #1,795 of 1,921
I play my DSD files natively with no issues. Using UAPP though.
I play DSD native with Hiby app and UAPP. No problem.

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:04 AM Post #1,796 of 1,921
I play DSD native with Hiby app and UAPP. No problem.
I see, so in the Hiby's DSD settings you are in the Native setting ? On mine it sounds fine on the PCM setting however sounds terrible on the two other settings. It sounds as if it has no EQ whatsoever, tried turning the EQ, and other settings off but no difference. By the way these DSD are files that are on the Hiby itself not streaming.

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #1,797 of 1,921
I see, so in the Hiby's DSD settings you are in the Native setting ? On mine it sounds fine on the PCM setting however sounds terrible on the two other settings. It sounds as if it has no EQ whatsoever, tried turning the EQ, and other settings off but no difference. By the way these DSD are files that are on the Hiby itself not streaming.
Yes native option on the hiby app, not streaming too.

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #1,798 of 1,921
I must be doing something wrong, cannot understand it as it is pretty straightforward.
There might be a setting I need changing that I have not touched, shall look ltr on thx for the help.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 3:37 AM Post #1,799 of 1,921
I do not understand why the Max Battery setting does not seem to work on my device.

Here is what happened this morning:
The DAP was left with 0% battery from last night.
This morning, I plugged it into the charger. After reaching around 20% I powered it ON. After a little while, when it had reached 30%, I unplugged it, I restarted the device and I plugged it back into the charger.

I've left it charging and right now it is at 87%, while Max Battery setting was set to 85% all the this time, since yesterday!

All I am doing is setting the Max Battery slider to 85.
Why does it not work? Why does it not remember the setting?
Is there something else I should do to set this limit?

I understand that the Max Batter level is not respected when the device is powered OFF and left charging.
It seems, though, that this setting is not kept/remembered/respected, even when you start charging and power ON at some point before reaching the limit.
It also seems that it is not respected even when you unplug and reboot.

@Joe Bloggs ?

Apr 16, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #1,800 of 1,921
I do not understand why the Max Battery setting does not seem to work on my device.

Here is what happened this morning:
The DAP was left with 0% battery from last night.
This morning, I plugged it into the charger. After reaching around 20% I powered it ON. After a little while, when it had reached 30%, I unplugged it, I restarted the device and I plugged it back into the charger.

I've left it charging and right now it is at 87%, while Max Battery setting was set to 85% all the this time, since yesterday!

All I am doing is setting the Max Battery slider to 85.
Why does it not work? Why does it not remember the setting?
Is there something else I should do to set this limit?

I understand that the Max Batter level is not respected when the device is powered OFF and left charging.
It seems, though, that this setting is not kept/remembered/respected, even when you start charging and power ON at some point before reaching the limit.
It also seems that it is not respected even when you unplug and reboot.

@Joe Bloggs ?
I also have mine set to 85% max but I've experienced it charging to 87% once, and 86% twice. It's just those three instances though.

I always charge mine when it gets to 25-26%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back