Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 23, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #9,166 of 12,592
Can someone give me the lowdown on the earsonics velvet? Are they a true bass head iem? How is the bass compared to se846, flc8s, fx850, etc? Recommended?

The turn dial one? Has major QC issues if that's the one. The bass on the fx850 is great and the flc8 with the right filters is better than the 850 IMO

flc8>850>se846(se is all BA and you can tell)

Sep 24, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #9,168 of 12,592
Anyone know anything about the ROCK Zircon

Popular budget set, someone once told me they were similar to JVC FXH-30 which I liked. There's a whole thread for them yonder ICYMI -- > http://www.head-fi.org/t/780859/rock-zircon-mula-iem-impressions-thread

Sep 24, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #9,170 of 12,592
@Podster
, I apologize. The way that guy was talking was getting under my skin for no reason. The result, was me putting a response that had made you a part of it with a negative comment that was completely unnecessary and unwarranted. For that again, I apologize. I did not put it through my head I was saying anything negative about you when I posted that and am a jerk for doing so.

No biggie Expo, as I read it I did not really think you were directing towards me. As most will tell you that if I think I'm being hit I'll let you know in short order:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::beers:

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #9,172 of 12,592
Anyone know anything about the ROCK Zircon

Lacks micro-detail....low-end just OK, not much layering. Best used for TV/movies off notebook, not for high-res listening.
'Back-up beaters'. Well-made for their price.

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #9,173 of 12,592
I am gonna agree the monk is the best thing under $10 and you can ust keep adding more foams to increase bass if you like.
of course the form factor of earbud vs in ear must be taken into consideration.
I still enjoy my Seahf IEMs, a great value at $15, but its not like anyone should or will be getting rid of their 16mm Sonys because of them.
a good addition for beater sets?

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #9,174 of 12,592
I am gonna agree the monk is the best thing under $10 and you can ust keep adding more foams to increase bass if you like.
of course the form factor of earbud vs in ear must be taken into consideration.
I still enjoy my Seahf IEMs, a great value at $15, but its not like anyone should or will be getting rid of their 16mm Sonys because of them.
a good addition for beater sets?

Are those just Monk or Monk+? There seems to be two versions floating around.

Sep 25, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #9,178 of 12,592
you could cover all holes at back of bud and leave one open and make it into iem but I did iem from it it became congested but I didn't cover holes, it only now I realise it has like 8 large holes at back, the back of dd mixes with front, that's why you can't really have massive bass, for bass you need a seal on dd and sound only coming one direction front, if back and front mixes bass can't go big cause it equalises or something. I like ve monk plus, but it's somehow too flat and thinned out like most sennheiser hd25 or amperior
do I feel a new mod coming? I don't know

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #9,180 of 12,592
new favourite bass canon trinity hiperion

zuperdac + hiperion = BBBBBBBBBbbbbbbbbassseee!!!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back