Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #9,184 of 12,590
Can someone give me the lowdown on the earsonics velvet? Are they a true bass head iem? How is the bass compared to se846, flc8s, fx850, etc? Recommended?

The Velvets are definitely bass head IEMs. They have one of the most powerful bass in the BA department - more powerful than SE846 (which were just OK for me, no surprises here).
Would I recommend them? If you like V-shaped sound, yes. If you don't like hot treble, no. Basshead material, yes (that's the only thing I miss).

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #9,185 of 12,590
For any frequent travelers that don't want to haul around an amp, I can heartily recommend the Cowon Plenue D as a basshead DAP.  The Jet Effect settings really enhance the sound and it puts out a nice low end with great mids and treble.

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #9,190 of 12,590
Here's a question, are there any Bluetooth basshead IEMs? Or is that an oxymoron.

idk, but if you can't find a set, there are a couple bluetooth recievers you can plug regular headphones into. Lear even make one that has mmcx and 2-pin connectors for removable cable iems. though probably better to stick with unamped list for something like that.

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #9,191 of 12,590
This receiver has good reviews, not tried it yet.
It is BT 4.1 AptX LL (low latency)
I think any codec below aptX is less than CD grade.

TROND BT-DUO Apt-X LL 4.1 receiver
(Edit : aptX may only be active in transmit mode on this device, not receive mode)

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #9,195 of 12,590
Sub bass of it03 is just top notch

Still waiting for your photo's of all your signature rigs???

"Questyle QP1R + Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS
Cayin i5 + Aurisonics ASG-1Plus
Cayin N5 + Fidue Sirius
iBasso DX80 + iBasso IT03
Cowon Plenue D + Ocharaku Donguri Raku
Shanling M3 + Jomo 4
Luxury Precision 3 + Cardas A8"

We even accept poor quality phone shots
tongue.gif
Of course anyone who can afford all those rigs surely has a nice digital camera to shoot them with
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back