Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 21, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #9,151 of 12,591
yeah very tru.    especially with the $13.50 cost added on........

i bought a pair of Moxpad x90's (bluetooth) iem's got them thru aliexpress @ approx $27ish.  Using my S7 Edge & up against xb90 & the 7550 (w tape mod) they stood up very well.  I used straight samsung music player, no EQ just the "Basic" controls for bass and voice/instrument, no amp and Bass Mekanik's Quad Maximus - especially Funky Annihilating Bass track, same volume level = they were considerably brighter, louder, mids & highs were clean not mooted & eyes vibrated with the sub bass.  Volume was 1 click into the "orange" on the scale.  Neither of the Sony's got the same volume or vibration going at the same level.  Excellent for on the move if you need to make calls & dont want to miss on the bass.  there is some inconsistency with the bluetooth connection but that seems pretty much the same for all

double dynamic drivers 9mm + 7mm

Really impressed 
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/NEW-Arrival-Original-Moxpad-X90-Wireless-Bluetooth-Stereo-Earphone-Sport-Running-Headphone-Studio-Music-with-Mic/639551_32610887240.html

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #9,155 of 12,591
don't know zs1 or zs2 or zst
i have zs3 and it's very nice for a cheap IEM but it makes you go, "i think i hear the bass but i'm not sure..."

The ZS1 and 2 are dual driver.The ZST is a hybrid. The reviews for both the ZS1 and ZS2 note thunderous bass. The Zs3 was originally recalled due to" unsatisfactory product". The ZST pretty much just came out. There aren't any reviews for them yet

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #9,156 of 12,591
@Podster, I apologize. The way that guy was talking was getting under my skin for no reason. The result, was me putting a response that had made you a part of it with a negative comment that was completely unnecessary and unwarranted. For that again, I apologize. I did not put it through my head I was saying anything negative about you when I posted that and am a jerk for doing so.

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #9,157 of 12,591
got the 4 pole jack and got balanced working on my flare, and the bass is way more bass, and ye roughly 25-30 percent better. put balanced on all iems you have with silver cables it's ok it's enough bass with balanced.
also balanced is quieter probably cause it uses separate fourth pole, but ye nice balanced

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #9,159 of 12,591

Completely agree with your assessment of the ZS3!

I'm just waiting on others to chime in about the Seahf or keeping my eye on this thread for other cheap Chinese IEMs with thumping bass.

I seem to be the only one that goes in the Chinese IEM thread from time to time looking for bass bombers. Everyone else in there is after different sigs.

There is only one guy who I used to pay attention when he said an IEM sounded like "strapping subwoofers to your head" and I liked some of the stuff he recommended.

After a while I stopped listening to anybody and only paid attention when people called certain gear way too bass heavy. That is usually code for basshead material if it's not just a crappy pre-EQ'd tuning that can't take amping.

When I searched for the Seahf there were a couple mentions of it at the end of 2015, just some people being like "hey there's this thing now, anyone tried it?" as far as I know i'm the only head-fi'er to have bought a set.

Like I said before I would send my set on a tour around the USA so people could try before buying and waiting for ePacket delivery.

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #9,160 of 12,591
Thank you for keeping us in the loop with those cheap IEMs, I definitely appreciate your suggestions. I'm pretty new to this hobby and not good at being able to describe sound in words so a stop would be wasted on me. I did, however, decide to pick up a pair just for kicks. Is there a reason people, or you personally, get IEMs with or without mic's? Does it do anything to sound quality? If it doesn't make a difference, I'll go ahead and get the red pair with mic tomorrow! 

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #9,162 of 12,591
Never had a phone that sounded very decent until recently... now I'm kinda wishing I had a few headphones with remote cables... or that my phone had playback buttons :rolleyes:

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #9,164 of 12,591
  I seem to enjoy the Chinese iems better than any sold in store around me. You get a lot more for your money

agree but the main issue with chinese DIY IEMs in my experience is bad tuning.
luckily the seahf i recommended doesn't seem to have any tuning problems, sounds fine to my ears.
of course it's not gonna have the R&D behind it like Sony did with the XB90EX, 7550, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back