Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 27, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #9,196 of 12,596
on the other hand I saw people complaining about the bass of the it03 being too loose so maybe it is good :tongue:

Sep 27, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #9,197 of 12,596
on the other hand I saw people complaining about the bass of the it03 being too loose so maybe it is good
tongue.gif

Maybe.
I have never heard a hybrid that didn't sound like it was multi driver.  Which is a problem. I shouldn't be able to tell. I have spent more on cables  than a TOTL would cost because they are odd. It is page 614 and post 9196 and nobody ever got down with the:
this track
this part of that track
and this point about that part

Great, Top notch, and all that stuff really is just billboard ad stuff. Means nada to me. Loose bass is maybe mylar? That is a good thing IMO
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #9,198 of 12,596

Maybe.
I have never heard a hybrid that didn't sound like it was multi driver.  Which is a problem. I shouldn't be able to tell. I have spent more on cables  than a TOTL would cost because they are odd. It is page 614 and post 9196 and nobody ever got down with the:
this track
this part of that track
and this point about that part

Great, Top notch, and all that stuff really is just billboard ad stuff. Means nada to me. Loose bass is maybe mylar? That is a good thing IMO
biggrin.gif

I had to get my balanced cable reversed back to SE as multi-drivers all sounded disconnected balanced out my amp.
But back to SE, the sound blend was fine same as before. I think it was the multiple ohm ratings of all the units getting kicked out of phase or similar to that.
Gained sound-stage width and lost depth as well on balanced = no more balanced cables in future for me except for planars or single driver per unit dynamics.

Sep 28, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #9,200 of 12,596
@diddy808
   for bluetooth basshead i am finding moxpad x90's are making me pretty happy i have mentioned these before but keep being impressed. 
about $30USD on aliexpress  using them with S7 Edge   test using Bass Mekanik = Quad Maximus  old skool 

thanx @Hawaiibadboy
 & @vapman
 for some excellent test track recommendations

This is the first rec ive ever seen for a bluetooh set in here! And i know you know your bass because we have spoke extensively over private message :)

chillaxing tagging you cause you were asking about BT IEMs a couple weeks ago

Sep 28, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #9,201 of 12,596

I had to get my balanced cable reversed back to SE as multi-drivers all sounded disconnected balanced out my amp.
But back to SE, the sound blend was fine same as before. I think it was the multiple ohm ratings of all the units getting kicked out of phase or similar to that.
Gained sound-stage width and lost depth as well on balanced = no more balanced cables in future for me except for planars or single driver per unit dynamics.

That's interesting.
Kinda proves my point (in my mind)
Hybrid is a very complex idea in a compact space tasked to do a perfect job. Maybe if i did not use EQ it wouldn't be noticeable ...but I do and it is. Claims of flagship hybrids is not believed by me. I have heard them and I disagree. Pure BA TOTL? Sure. 1 DD? sure. Multiple DD? Not that i have heard. Hybrids? Everyone i have heard falters on complex tracks like DSOTM by Pink Floyd.

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #9,202 of 12,596
[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/6ghrv29zrOM[/VIDEO] is this basshead?

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #9,203 of 12,596
is this basshead?

1 per ear with ear clips, I'd say so.
Actually I'm hoping the iSine 10 is going to be a bass monster but impression all over the place on quantity, quality however consistent and they will EQ at least without distortion....so side strapped sub-woofers, yup.

Sep 28, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #9,205 of 12,596
nice nice

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/j5gcPZJrifU[/VIDEO]

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #9,207 of 12,596
Trinity will send a replacement Hyperion if they won't ask it back I can send other Hyperion for a basshead tour, you send it to next person that wants to use it etc, postage is about 2.10 euro worldwide

Sep 28, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #9,209 of 12,596
well i've had the FLC 8S for a bit now...and despite experimenting with various filter configs 
(red, gray, gray...to red blk (more bass) and gray) i find myself asking sometimes 'where's the beef?'
...guess I miss the slightly warmer sound of the venerable sony 7550 esp with all that fab bottom end and airy bass slam
...and yet it still has all details and an overall balanced sound which I like.
no the xb90ex didn't do it for me at all...esp when compared to the 7550s

wish sony would make an updated 7550 like 'high res' version
(since it's older) but with the xb90ex fit.

this said....might have to step back into the game...
i know the FLC celeste is due soon (but will be pricey as
their signature TOTL iem)

...anything in the audio tecnica line I should look at
...or Dunu?
...or other?

suggestions welcomed.

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #9,210 of 12,596
what happens when you give a soldering iron to a basshead

flare audio plus hyperion bbbbasssee plus flare cleaniness and Hyperion ssssubbbase= clean bbbbaseeeee lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back