Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 1, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #4,756 of 12,596
Yeah, kinda buyers remorse after I got the kickers. Now I want the forte's.
Im not trying to say the Kicker is bad because its very good. The Forte has a bit more bottom , slight mid forwards and a bit more treble than the Kicker.

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #4,758 of 12,596
But does that make it better? More fun? 
guess the kicker can be more laid back and fun but the Forte takes things to another level.

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #4,760 of 12,596
Does anyone know how well the kickers (or other bravo) respond to spinfits? 

For the kicker, I will not be using foam as they will be reinserted many many times a day. 

I have other non bass IEM where I use foam but do not require frequent reinsertions. Like for example on the commute. 

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #4,761 of 12,596
Does anyone know how well the kickers (or other bravo) respond to spinfits? 

For the kicker, I will not be using foam as they will be reinserted many many times a day. 

I have other non bass IEM where I use foam but do not require frequent reinsertions. Like for example on the commute. 
Seems you enjoy over thinking things.

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #4,763 of 12,596
How would you compare Westone W50 vs Aurisonics ASG-2.5?
I guess the 2.5 have better bass capabilities, right?
And what about the rest? They seem both to be more dark sounding IEMs?

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #4,764 of 12,596
Which cables are those?

Linum BaX

Forte has more & deeper bass huh?

The sub bass leaves a bit to be desired on the kicker so if you only are going to own one IEM the 90EX is still a safe bet , I wish I could say the Kicker has as much bass as the 2.5 but it almost does. there were a couple songs i've heard on the kicker that i didn't really hear the sub bass on and that made me sad but it doesn't mean the kicker is incapable of sub bass.

How would you compare Westone W50 vs Aurisonics ASG-2.5?
I guess the 2.5 have better bass capabilities, right?
And what about the rest? They seem both to be more dark sounding IEMs?

I've heard a lot of westones and would not call a single one of them bassy. aren't they all BA?

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #4,765 of 12,596

I've heard a lot of westones and would not call a single one of them bassy. aren't they all BA?

Yes, they are, but BA doesn't mean they are not basshead IEMs -> i.e. Earsonics Velvet - 3BAs, but true bass monster with fantastic bass quality. The Velvets have more and better bass than my CIEM hybrids UM Merlins.

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #4,766 of 12,596

Yes, they are, but BA doesn't mean they are not basshead IEMs -> i.e. Earsonics Velvet - 3BAs, but true bass monster with fantastic bass quality. The Velvets have more and better bass than my CIEM hybrids UM Merlins.

Ah, totally - I didn't mean BA's couldn't be bassy, but Westone's BA's never were IMO :wink:

Westones I have been recommending to female singers who need to hear themselves loud & clear in the mix for ages.

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #4,767 of 12,596

Rules of diminishing returns.

Just buy the best within your budget and then enjoy the music!

There is ALWAYS something better around but again, the differences are getting smaller and smaller once you get to a certain level. And the costs for the quality increase go up exponentially. On the other hand, there are always some great bargains to be made.

You will eventually upgrade in any case and try new things, so enjoy the ride and go step by step, that way you train your ears and understand all the changes better.

We are all in it for the fun!!

Cheers!

Very well said. That is indeed the right way to do it. However, when it comes to separating with hard earned cash, one always wants to know that there aren't any better alternatives around. It's an allusive concept, but all of us are chasing it.

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #4,768 of 12,596
  Ah, totally - I didn't mean BA's couldn't be bassy, but Westone's BA's never were IMO :wink:

Westones I have been recommending to female singers who need to hear themselves loud & clear in the mix for ages.

Hmm, I found the UMPro50 quite bassy...

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #4,770 of 12,596

You, sir, not helping my case at all with your comments. Haha! However, the price will help to make up my mind as Kickers run for around 300 USD what is almost 4 times the price of XB90EX. I could get EX800ST AND XB90EX for the same price. :)

How's the base on XB90EX when listening to the low volume?

@vapman: In addition to XB90EX, how's the base on EX800ST when listening to the low volume?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back