Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 1, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #4,787 of 12,591
I've been on this forum a long time and for years and years I refused to believe burn in is a thing.

The VE monk and Aurisonics IEMs are the first ones I know that make me honestly think burn in makes a noticable difference.

The Aurisonics Kicker rumbles like CRAZY when the bass boost on my Arrow 5TX is set to maximum and low frequency (almost entirely sub bass). It is easily the best responding IEM i have to only sub bass boost. I'm very happy with it. I use it with gain set to I and it's awesome. I can tell the sound will open up more with time.

I still wish it had some more force on sub 20hz sub bass that I miss from the 2.5, but the ASG-B will be here tomorrow which is not too far away :)

I will have to check the others from the Bravo series out maybe some day but I am very happy with the Kicker. The Linum cable looks & feels awesome on it. I truly love how light it is, however it makes silicon tips impossible.

What I miss most from the 2.5 is leaving the vents open and letting the sound leak out.

Mar 1, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #4,788 of 12,591

BASS BASS BASS

You are a superstar!! Thank you!! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #4,790 of 12,591
Placed my order in for the MDR7550. I chose 1 day shipping and it will be here tomorrow. Paid $322CAD.... Canadian dollar is ridiculous.

Will report back with impressions. Thanks for all your help!

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #4,792 of 12,591
Hi, 

I previously ordered the AD01 as I was going to use unamped. However, I had a problem with one of the iems not being as loud as the other so I returned and ordered the sony xb90ex instead. I hear many good things and even though I am going to use it with a phone (sony xperia z3) I wanted to give a try. 

I'm wondering hows Fiio X1 compared to the xperia z3. (sound wise)

Mar 1, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #4,793 of 12,591
holy crap... gone for a week and there are like 300 posts
eek.gif

y'all don't fuss around
beerchug.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #4,795 of 12,591
You got an amp?

I have a Sony PHA-3. Although the 7550s are going to be a portable IEM when I walk around so I dont carry the PHA-3 with me.

I'm not sure how it will sound out of my ZX1 Walkman...

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #4,796 of 12,591
I have a Sony PHA-3. Although the 7550s are going to be a portable IEM when I walk around so I dont carry the PHA-3 with me.

I'm not sure how it will sound out of my ZX1 Walkman...

It will be fine. The Zx1 also has clear bass or something like that?  Sony with a Sony should work swimmingly. You got more input head room so the bass will move with your PHA dial if you want and the cable is longer than the xb90 as it's supposed to be for different use. not too long but a little longer.

I'll share my EQ and everything. You like some Pink Floyd n' stuff too?

If you slap a sleeve over the cable it will solve any tangle issues

https://www.takefiveaudio.com/mall/shopexd.asp?id=1464

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #4,797 of 12,591
Zx1 has clear bass, you are correct HBB. Nice device, just severely underpowered, much like the zx2. Loved them both, just wanted more juice, always.

Not sure with the 7550, but I'm going to guess they will sound ok, but severely underpowered. I always stacked my zx1 with an amp, even at the gym. Yes, I tried all the tricks to increase the volume too.

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #4,798 of 12,591
Zx1 has clear bass, you are correct HBB. Nice device, just severely underpowered, much like the zx2. Loved them both, just wanted more juice, always.

Not sure with the 7550, but I'm going to guess they will sound ok, but severely underpowered. I always stacked my zx1 with an amp, even at the gym. Yes, I tried all the tricks to increase the volume too.
As you know even the $3000 Daps are under powered even when they add its wanna be AK amp :)

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #4,799 of 12,591

It will be fine. The Zx1 also has clear bass or something like that?  Sony with a Sony should work swimmingly. You got more input head room so the bass will move with your PHA dial if you want and the cable is longer than the xb90 as it's supposed to be for different use. not too long but a little longer.

When it comes to Pink Floyd, you may be mistaking him with me as I was asking through which IEMs Pink Floyd sounds better. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #4,800 of 12,591

Haven't really listened to any Floyd stuff myself but that sounds reassuring. I need something that sounds good but I know the ZX1 will not be even close to the PHA-3 in terms of SQ. I just need something that will sound decent when I'm out and about on transit etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back