Grado modders go Magnum
Jul 27, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #4,186 of 4,994
  Here's my completed project.  The walnut y-splitter wasn't meant to be, so I purchased and metal one and that took a while to receive; wasn't going to pay more for shipping than the price of the item, which is what took so long (thanks to delayed shipping and UPS Ground).  The 12 conductor wire isn't too bad in weight due to the 6ft length, but if I had to do it again, I would stick with 8 conductors and call it good.

For sound, I'm still trying to find the time for a good listening session and compare it to my RS2, which probably won't be for another week.

Very nice!
 Are you going to write a review for those?

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #4,187 of 4,994
That's the plan - sometime next week.  I like to let things settle and not jump the gun, especially when new.  I like my sound signature to be balanced, yet refined.  Initial impressions are very positive on those regards.  More to come.....

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #4,188 of 4,994
I'm hoping that a member will have the GS2000e (on tour) available at the Seattle meet this weekend as this headphone project loosely clones it.

That's the plan - sometime next week.  I like to let things settle and not jump the gun, especially when new.  I like my sound signature to be balanced, yet refined.  Initial impressions are very positive on those regards.  More to come.....

Brilliantly done. I REALLY liked the grain on that piece of Walnut when I applied the finish. It stands out nicely and has a great pattern to it.

I need to get my hands on some V7 drivers. Haven't heard them yet.

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #4,189 of 4,994
^Sent PM. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #4,190 of 4,994
Jul 30, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #4,192 of 4,994
  The V7 drivers certainly is.

I went on turbulent lab's site and couldn't find the place to order the drivers. It only lists the X drivers but those are discontinued long time ago (are they v5?). Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #4,195 of 4,994
Thanks.  Got some positive feedback from the Seattle meet earlier today.  Sadly, I have never heard of any other Grado type drivers. Fleasbaby might be able to as he'll have a chance to listen to my headphone sometime next week.  I believe he has owned or has been exposed to those ypsillon drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back