Grado Fan Club!
Aug 7, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #33,106 of 66,264
I just ordered a Little Dot 1+ with a pair of Voskhods and an ODAC to pair with my Grado sr325is with G cushions. They're already coming all the way down to Costa Rica from the US and Russia so I'll have to wait a long time before getting them. I can't wait to get all of my new toys. I hope it sounds as good as everybody says it does!
Have a nice day!

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #33,107 of 66,264
I just ordered a Little Dot 1+ with a pair of Voskhods and an ODAC to pair with my Grado sr325is with G cushions. They're already coming all the way down to Costa Rica from the US and Russia so I'll have to wait a long time before getting them. I can't wait to get all of my new toys. I hope it sounds as good as everybody says it does!
Have a nice day!
every thing was going so smooth until this. Bro the G cushs ain't a good match with the stock 325is

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #33,108 of 66,264
every thing was going so smooth until this. Bro the G cushs ain't a good match with the stock 325is

Hello there! when I first got them I decided that I liked the G cushs better plus I have really bug ears and they are way more comfortable. Like a week ago I put the L cushs back just to compare them again and I'm still on it haha but the comfort factor is still there.

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #33,109 of 66,264
I'm liking the gs1kis with the L Cush pads. Sounds like a more meaty RS1i.

I do find it doesn't really have that higher treble anymore. The RS1i is seems to have more treble with the L Cush pads on than these do with the L Cush pads on. But when I go back to the G Cush I can def here the treble increase.

I'm not sure about the instrument separation though if it's worse or about the same as the rs1is with L Cush.

I like treble tho so I'm not sure if the L Cush will affect the clarity of the gs1kis to my ears at some point or not.

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #33,110 of 66,264
Hey everyone - Guess I am on the hype train too!

I went to a local dealer yesterday (only one around) and luckily they had most of the E series on display.

I tried a lot of headphones and through careful listening I chose the RS2e. It is just so clear and open and transparent!

I JUST purchased the 80e the other day but all it did was give me an itch that these new RS2e's scratch!!

At the store my personal preferences were 60e < rs1e < 80e < 325e < 225e < RS2e

(Those were the ones I did the most listening to)

By the way, the 225e sounded really awesome, it was a decent second place for me!

how big the difference between 225e and RS2e?(also is RS2e lighter and more comfortable)

im currently enjoying 225e, i also tried 325e and it was bit heavy but sounded great specially in the bass however it was little bit bright too(depends on source i guess).

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #33,111 of 66,264

how big the difference between 225e and RS2e?(also is RS2e lighter and more comfortable)

im currently enjoying 225e, i also tried 325e and it was bit heavy but sounded great specially in the bass however it was little bit bright too(depends on source i guess).

rs2e is less bright (shouty) than the 325e, and have punchier midbass. My first pair of rs2e is far more transparent than my 325e, but my second pair (possibly an outlier) does not differ by a lot in it's transparency. You might want to check out ruthieandjohn's post a couple pages ago. He outlined a 325e and rs2e comprehensively.

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #33,112 of 66,264
Thanks a lot GreenBow. I hope have soon a sr80e and i will tell muy own impressions. I have Heard all models of i series (except Ps1000) in those years, i have curiosity for the new models.

Now i have a sr325i with Wood inserts and four hole vented, great!

Regards

Aug 8, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #33,113 of 66,264
Quick question are all Grado's made equal?

ie has anyone been to a HP meet and compared their model to someone elses identical model and found they sound the same?

Curious :)

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #33,114 of 66,264
Hello there! when I first got them I decided that I liked the G cushs better plus I have really bug ears and they are way more comfortable. Like a week ago I put the L cushs back just to compare them again and I'm still on it haha but the comfort factor is still there.

I made a thread about L-cushion comfort. It might not be any good to you but it might be worth a look. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/754373/grado-l-cushion-comfort-for-sr225-ps500#post_12461917

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #33,115 of 66,264
Just came across this thread and saw some RS2e posts (+ very nice pics) on the former page
rolleyes.gif

I had the original RS2 for some months (got it in a LCD-2 trade deal) and I totally agree on the (wonderful) clarity and transparancy part. For most of the music I listened to I found it lacking in the lows though => sold it.
Btw, I still have a PS500.

Does the RS2e have improved / more bass in the signature compared to the original?

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #33,116 of 66,264
I'm liking the gs1kis with the L Cush pads. Sounds like a more meaty RS1i.
I do find it doesn't really have that higher treble anymore. The RS1i is seems to have more treble with the L Cush pads on than these do with the L Cush pads on. But when I go back to the G Cush I can def here the treble increase.
I'm not sure about the instrument separation though if it's worse or about the same as the rs1is with L Cush.
I like treble tho so I'm not sure if the L Cush will affect the clarity of the gs1kis to my ears at some point or not.

From what your explaining, you might very well enjoy TTVJ flat pads on your RS1i more than   the GS1Ki with either the L/G cushions.

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #33,117 of 66,264
Quick question are all Grado's made equal?

ie has anyone been to a HP meet and compared their model to someone elses identical model and found they sound the same?

Curious
smily_headphones1.gif

In my opinion, the answer is no, they don't all sound the same, and not only that, some models don't even look the same!
blink.gif

After all, it is Grado we're talking about here.
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #33,118 of 66,264
On page 2204 there is a chart from @ruthieandjohn which includes the RS2 and RS2e. (Edited because I put page 2004, sorry.)

It seems to imply that the RS2e has less bass. However I am not sure why. I thought the e-series was a bit more bassy that the previous generations. Maybe it not measuring bass quantity, but more another bass quality. I think ruthieandjohn will explain.

Aug 8, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #33,119 of 66,264
  On page 2004 there is a chart from @ruthieandjohn which includes the RS2 and RS2e.

It seems to imply that the RS2e has less bass. However I am not sure why. I thought the e-series was a bit more bassy that the previous generations. Maybe it not measuring bass quantity, but more another bass quality. I think ruthieandjohn will explain.

Thanks...found it on page 2204
Very helpfull chart btw...
beerchug.gif

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #33,120 of 66,264
  On page 2004 there is a chart from @ruthieandjohn which includes the RS2 and RS2e.

Indeed the subbass (less than 100 Hz, which is what I compared) is greater on the RS2 than on the RS2e, perhaps because the button on the RS2 grill center renders a bit of a closed nature to the RS2.  

However, in terms of overall performance, RS2e > RS2i > RS2, due to performance in transparency, soundstage, and treble detail.

Interestingly, this is the OPPOSITE of the RS1 series, where I find RS1 > RS1i  > RS1e!

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back