Grado Fan Club!
Dec 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #10,771 of 65,579
  It was my fault that it burned up. I swapped tubes and forgot to switch the jumpers. The amp was going strong after at least two years of daily use and pretty much never being turned off. It would probably still be working if I had not f'ed it up.

In that case, for <$200 I think the LD 1+ is the choice...

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #10,772 of 65,579
One question..sorry if it has been addressed before but I'm just too lazy to read backwards...

I just received a new pair of Grado's and the stock pads seems very different from all the Grado's I bought around a year or so ago. I'm not talking about the difference between L or S cushions etc. but just the feel, size and maybe sonic wise..

I have a similar pair of Grado's that I bought a few years back. Since they are somewhere else where I spend my time I can't compare them directly but the pads do seem/feel/sound differently.. Am I right or wrong?  Did Grado recently, within a year or so, release different pads?

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #10,773 of 65,579
One question..sorry if it has been addressed before but I'm just too lazy to read backwards...

I just received a new pair of Grado's and the stock pads seems very different from all the Grado's I bought around a year or so ago. I'm not talking about the difference between L or S cushions etc. but just the feel, size and maybe sonic wise..

I have a similar pair of Grado's that I bought a few years back. Since they are somewhere else where I spend my time I can't compare them directly but the pads do seem/feel/sound differently.. Am I right or wrong?  Did Grado recently, within a year or so, release different pads?

I guess it's because it's too new! The old ones have gone through everything throughout the years!

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #10,774 of 65,579
I guess it's because it's too new! The old ones have gone through everything throughout the years!

Not the case, never had sex with them or introduced them to my friends, and I do remember reading here that Grado did release some new pads but I'm just looking for confirmation on way or another. I guess I should just approach Grado directly..

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #10,775 of 65,579
Not the case, never had sex with them or introduced them to my friends, and I do remember reading here that Grado did release some new pads but I'm just looking for confirmation on way or another. I guess I should just approach Grado directly..

I mean, those pads gets softer and feels smoother with use to my experience... It gets even softer and smoother with warm water. That's what I do every week because I find them to love dust a lot so I decided to be the evil and put them in separate world. :evil:

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #10,776 of 65,579

I bought a pair of Rs1i recently, original invoice is from February of this year.

I did notice the pads felt differently to all others I've had before, but since I bought them second hand, I thought maybe the original owner had maybe wash them with fabric softener or something of the sort....

IDK, but they definitely feel a bit different.

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #10,778 of 65,579
  I bought a pair of Rs1i recently, original invoice is from February of this year.

I did notice the pads felt differently to all others I've had before, but since I bought them second hand, I thought maybe the original owner had maybe wash them with fabric softener or something of the sort....

IDK, but they definitely feel a bit different.

Right, absolutely, they feel softer. Not the old irritating, scratchy feel ?  Different fabric, maybe not.. also differently sized and sounds less veiled if we are talking about the flat cushions and as I understand the L- cushions are sized differently as well?  . My point is that I believe that Grado within the last year or so have slightly upgraded their cushions related to the critics around these over the years but of course they never told anyone, or at least not me... :)  I just need confirmation that is true or not something I'm making up, which I easily could do, but why?

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #10,779 of 65,579
A rare Grado up for gabs:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/693813/extremely-rare-freesystems-gradolabs-ps1-buy-it-before-i-change-my-mind

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #10,780 of 65,579
^^  Nice  ^^

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #10,782 of 65,579
  A rare Grado up for gabs:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/693813/extremely-rare-freesystems-gradolabs-ps1-buy-it-before-i-change-my-mind

don't worry guys !! not going for this today !! lol

Dec 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #10,783 of 65,579
FYI, everyone, I swung by Decibel Audio in Chicago on my way to O'Hare, and they have all Grados for 10% off. They cut a really good deal for PS500s, but I just couldn't pull the trigger.... I'll regret that later.

Also, the PS500 sounds great on a Music Hall 25.2. Which is really wanted, as well, haha!

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #10,784 of 65,579
WOOT!!! My whiskey casks have shipped!

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #10,785 of 65,579
i now can relate to the term "end game" !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back