Grado Fan Club!
Dec 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #10,756 of 65,679
I think they were just trying to make a cool product...in a good way. I'm sure they sound fine.
Maybe a project of John's son - great that he's working there. He seems to be impacting Grado social media.
Maybe Grado will gain experience engineering semi-closed cans...
I do think it would be an even better product if they numbered them and limited the quantity.

Dec 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #10,757 of 65,679
I think they were just trying to make a cool product...in a good way. I'm sure they sound fine.

Maybe a project of John's son - great that he's working there. He seems to be impacting Grado social media.

Maybe Grado will gain experience engineering semi-closed cans...

I do think it would be an even better product if they numbered them and limited the quantity.

they are limited from what I have heard. they are not going to be a regular production model.

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #10,759 of 65,679
  No doubt, I meant establishing it as a run of say 250 numbered pairs for example...

I hope its more than that otherwise the prices will skyrocket in a few years

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #10,761 of 65,679

I'm hoping it is a small number just for that reason...lol...honestly though, if they sound as good as I hope they do, I probably wouldn't sell them. I know that my kids would have to be starving before I'd even think about selling my 325's.

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #10,762 of 65,679

considering they sold out in less than 24 hours I would be surprised if there were that many of them made. I can't see Grado selling 1000 of these in such a short time...but then again what do I know.

OMG. Sold already. I'll have to buy one here.

I'm hoping it is a small number just for that reason...lol...honestly though, if they sound as good as I hope they do, I probably wouldn't sell them. I know that my kids would have to be starving before I'd even think about selling my 325's.

If you don't like the sound, I'll gladly take them 
wink_face.gif

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #10,763 of 65,679
Wow....if they are all sold....I would think that there were not thousands........I love the look , I must say that the s-cushions turn me off alittle bit....but I am still sure they will have that famous grado sound signature, and in the end....that is all that really matters.

Dec 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #10,764 of 65,679
I picked up one of those Bushmil Grados. The comfy pads will probably not last for more than 2 minutes once I get them (no shipping notice yet. hoping for next week). I have extra flat pads and bowls that I’ll be using.

Dec 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #10,765 of 65,679
  I picked up one of those Bushmil Grados. The comfy pads will probably not last for more than 2 minutes once I get them (no shipping notice yet. hoping for next week). I have extra flat pads and bowls that I’ll be using.

The Flats will let more of the residual whiskey seep into your brain...

Dec 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #10,766 of 65,679
I'll try mine as they are but I'm sure it won't take long for the g-cushes to make their way over for a final resting spot (to be shared with my 325's).

Dec 5, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #10,767 of 65,679
On another note, I need to replace my burned up Little Dot 1+. I love the amp with my Grados so I'm tempted to just get another one. However, as we all know, temptation to try new things is great. So, I'm wondering what you fine folks are using for you amping needs with your Grados...looking for something in the $200 or less price range. Desktop preferred. I have a portable that works well.

Dec 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #10,768 of 65,679
  On another note, I need to replace my burned up Little Dot 1+. I love the amp with my Grados so I'm tempted to just get another one. However, as we all know, temptation to try new things is great. So, I'm wondering what you fine folks are using for you amping needs with your Grados...looking for something in the $200 or less price range. Desktop preferred. I have a portable that works well.

I also own the LD1+, just curious as to how long you've had the amp before it burned up?
I also own the Schiit Magni/Modi combo, which I thinks sound very nice also for $200.00U.S.

Dec 5, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #10,769 of 65,679
It was my fault that it burned up. I swapped tubes and forgot to switch the jumpers. The amp was going strong after at least two years of daily use and pretty much never being turned off. It would probably still be working if I had not f'ed it up.

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #10,770 of 65,679
  It was my fault that it burned up. I swapped tubes and forgot to switch the jumpers. The amp was going strong after at least two years of daily use and pretty much never being turned off. It would probably still be working if I had not f'ed it up.

Thanks, sorry for your mishap, I was just curious to as how long it lasted because I thought it burned up on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back