Grado Fan Club!
Nov 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #10,456 of 65,841

Yeah that got ordered.....I'm a sucker.  Was just going to get a generic pelican case for storage, but this popped up.

I just e-mailed Grado and asked them if I could purchase one from them for much less, being that I just purchased the RS1i's. I figured I would give it a shot because the RS1's used to come with the wooden box. I can't see giving them $100.00 for a wooden box that used to be standard.

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #10,458 of 65,841
  I prefer to think of the 325 as 'detailed' and not harsh...

I agree, I was scared to death that the way everybody described the 325i, It would be way to bright for me......man, what a great headphone, I loved mine.....to me they were also just detailed and not bright.

They were also the one can that I have had that just kept sounding beter and better, even after hundreds and hundreds of hours listening.

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #10,459 of 65,841
  I just e-mailed Grado and asked them if I could purchase one from them for much less, being that I just purchased the RS1i's. I figured I would give it a shot because the RS1's used to come with the wooden box. I can't see giving them $100.00 for a wooden box that used to be standard.

how long ago did they come with a wooden box?

(thought that was several years ago)

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #10,460 of 65,841

Great idea, Joseph.

I like the box, it looks cool, but mine is living on a nice headphone stand, and I like them being ready to go , as I use them pretty much everyday.

I love the box, but don't want to have to dig them out of the box to use them all the time.

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #10,461 of 65,841
I agree, I was scared to death that the way everybody described the 325i, It would be way to bright for me......man, what a great headphone, I loved mine.....to me they were also just detailed and not bright.

They were also the one can that I have had that just kept sounding beter and better, even after hundreds and hundreds of hours listening.
I owned a 325i which is supposedly even brighter than the current 325is model. I never found it too bright unless I had the volume up to a very uncomfortable level. if I ever get another SR series headphone I'd go with the 325...or 225 :)

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #10,462 of 65,841
Given their high price, I think that PS1000 owners should get the wooden box free, and a bag of chips.

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #10,463 of 65,841
Just make sure you get the right one, there is a "standard" and a 1k (for the GS1000 and PS1000) and I would assume if you have G-Cush on any of the other models you would need the 1k version for them to fit.

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #10,464 of 65,841
Nov 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #10,466 of 65,841
  Great idea, Joseph.

I like the box, it looks cool, but mine is living on a nice headphone stand, and I like them being ready to go , as I use them pretty much everyday.

I love the box, but don't want to have to dig them out of the box to use them all the time.

same here and i may get the box, and take the foam out and use the box for my "accessories" lol

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #10,467 of 65,841
  Yes I can.

My speaker of choice actually led me to try Grado's.  Ohm Acoustics is also manufactured in Brooklyn.  They are built by hand, and each speaker is tuned by ear, pretty much just like Grado.

The thing that makes them special is the Omni-directional design using a form of Walsh driver. It's an inverted driver than reproduces the entire frequency range up to 8000 Hz, where a super tweeter takes over.  The soundstage is MASSIC, and the imaging is scary in its precision.  They are not well-known, but they have a dedicated following that goes back to the 70's.

More info can be found here :  http://www.ohmspeaker.com/speakers/

I personally have the Ohm Micro Walsh Talls, and I used to own a pair of Ohm F's.  I doubt that I will ever need to buy another speaker brand- they are simply amazing.

Thanks for the tip. There's actually a pair on the 'bay for $200 and aren't too far from where I live. Might just give them a shot.

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #10,468 of 65,841

Let us know what they say. :)

It's a no go. They told me that only a limited number of RS1's came with the wooden box for a limited time back in the day. They also told me that at $99.00U.S., it was a steal. I just figured I'd try and see what they say, if I could have got it for free or a much better price, I wouldn't mind having it, but I will not purchase it. For the price of the headphones, I personally think it should have came with one, and have been an option for the less expensive models.  

how long ago did they come with a wooden box?

(thought that was several years ago)

I'm not sure how long ago they came with the wooden box, but I also believe it was several years ago.

Great idea, Joseph.

I agree, I like my headphones out on display also, and I also use which ever ones every day and it would be a hassle to dig them out, but I still wouldn't mind having the box, especially since I keep all of my boxes, it would by far be much nicer than the stock boxes!

Given their high price, I think that PS1000 owners should get the wooden box free, and a bag of chips.

I also agree, and a soda!

WOODIES IS BACK!
biggrin.gif
but I wonder if it will fit those stretched headband model... Mine can't fit back into the original pizza box anymore D:

I was thinking the same thing since all of my headbands are U shaped, I would have to push them back to the original shape, and they would once again have that clamping effect.

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #10,470 of 65,841

Thanks for the tip. There's actually a pair on the 'bay for $200 and aren't too far from where I live. Might just give them a shot.

Those are old Walsh 2's.  That is an excellent price for those, and the cool thing is that they can be upgraded to the current driver.  Ohm still supports all product except for the original A's and F's.

Here's a thread from Audiogon.  It's very involved and detailed.  On Audiogon I'm 'Parasound63'

Start reading...

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1223044851&&&/Ohm-Walsh-Micro-Talls:-who-s-actually-he

Users who are viewing this thread

Back