Grado Fan Club!
Mar 28, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #65,056 of 65,573
Yep. Listening to grados while doing my college assignments is extremely counterproductive.
.... F-pads on Grado Prestige Series 🤪 ==> F-grade on assignments 😒 ....

Mar 28, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #65,057 of 65,573
.... F-pads on Grado Prestige Series 🤪 ==> F-grade on assignments 😒 ....

Yep. Listening to grados while doing my college assignments is extremely counterproductive.
Easy Fix…. Cut out the college assignments and just listen to your Grados, then you won’t miss a note 🎵

Mar 28, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #65,058 of 65,573
Easy Fix…. Cut out the college assignments and just listen to your Grados, then you won’t miss a note 🎵
Ah... As a college instructor I should not endorse this... 🤣 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :L3000:

Mar 28, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #65,059 of 65,573
I have found a disadvantage to the Grado SR325x headphones I bought three weeks ago.

It is not possible to use them for listening to music as a background for work. You will be trying to make progress with something, writing in my case, and then you just have to stop and listen to the fabulous music instead! The Grado cans really draw you in like that, they just cannot be ignored.

Now I'm working I'm actually using my AKG K550 III cans instead because they are so very comfortable, the quality is good with them, but they do not draw you into the music like the Grados.

So, Grados are only for fun, but what a lot of fun it is!
Yeah... I have ADHD and can easily get immersed in them between work.
When they pull me in, I view it as a quick brain refuel with dopamine. :L3000:

Nothing like a good break with Grados!

Mar 28, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #65,061 of 65,573
Ah... As a college instructor I should not endorse this... 🤣 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :L3000:
I like the 'should' ..... if teacher sports Grado, pupil with Grado = A+ 🤣🤣

Mar 28, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #65,062 of 65,573
Are Grado carts allowed here? Nice sounding combo. :gs1000smile:

GRADOGREEN.jpg

GRADOGREEN2.jpg

Mar 28, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #65,063 of 65,573
Mar 29, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #65,064 of 65,573
Hi All

I'm hugely enjoying my SR325x cans as you will have no doubt noticed.

I'm now planning on getting some Grados higher up the range. The two that stand out to me are the Hemp and the GS3000x. The Hemp is just so cool and the GS3000x, well, very classy indeed. I won't be doing this for quite a bit of time as I'm enjoying my SR325x cans so much that I think I will want to just be using them for some weeks now.

I have a question about the sound signature of the other Grados. The one thing that is a negative about the SR325x for me is the amount of treble energy in them. For the price and the superb abilities they have there is no way I would complain or worry about this, in fact when I'm listening to them I don't notice it 99% of the time, I'm just enjoying how great they are, but I'm wondering if the more expensive Grados come with this amount of treble. There is something about the wood that suggests there will a lot more refinement at the top end, however that is really not a reliable way to look at it.

So for those with experience of the more expensive woody Grados available today, how much treble do they have? Also I'd be interested in any other comparisons that would be useful for a total noob like me whose entire Grado experience is three weeks, but what a fabulous three weeks!

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #65,065 of 65,573
Hi All

I'm hugely enjoying my SR325x cans as you will have no doubt noticed.

I'm now planning on getting some Grados higher up the range. The two that stand out to me are the Hemp and the GS3000x. The Hemp is just so cool and the GS3000x, well, very classy indeed. I won't be doing this for quite a bit of time as I'm enjoying my SR325x cans so much that I think I will want to just be using them for some weeks now.

I have a question about the sound signature of the other Grados. The one thing that is a negative about the SR325x for me is the amount of treble energy in them. For the price and the superb abilities they have there is no way I would complain or worry about this, in fact when I'm listening to them I don't notice it 99% of the time, I'm just enjoying how great they are, but I'm wondering if the more expensive Grados come with this amount of treble. There is something about the wood that suggests there will a lot more refinement at the top end, however that is really not a reliable way to look at it.

So for those with experience of the more expensive woody Grados available today, how much treble do they have? Also I'd be interested in any other comparisons that would be useful for a total noob like me whose entire Grado experience is three weeks, but what a fabulous three weeks!
If you find too much treble energy with the 325 try a piece of 3 ply tissue paper over the driver.
Place the tissue paper between the driver and ear pad.
You can experiment with 1 ply and so on.

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #65,066 of 65,573
I just saw Rich's message in the Grado Facebook group!

I don’t have any photos yet but I’m going to have 2 special headphones available, small quantities.
First is an SR325x with a gold housing. Second is a crazy hybrid, the insides would be a PS2000x if we released one. A 52mm X driver, new cable, PS2000 headband, with a maple sleeve but in a PS1000 housing.
More information to follow…

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #65,067 of 65,573
😵

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #65,068 of 65,573
I just saw Rich's message in the Grado Facebook group!

I don’t have any photos yet but I’m going to have 2 special headphones available, small quantities.
First is an SR325x with a gold housing. Second is a crazy hybrid, the insides would be a PS2000x if we released one. A 52mm X driver, new cable, PS2000 headband, with a maple sleeve but in a PS1000 housing.
More information to follow…
New cable ?
Let’s hope it’s detectable.

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #65,070 of 65,573

RS2X are very trebley probably the most of all my 7 X-series Grados (treble presence/intensity)...i like their bass tone very much they are my 2nd favorite Grado overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back