Grado Fan Club!
Apr 17, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #52,366 of 65,787
I had a pair for a few months because, like you, I had to hear Grado's only semi closed-back. They are special I do agree. They are the lightest Grado I have owned and have the best stock headband I would say. The sound is very good, good bass. I would say it is close to Hemp and GH2 but not better. It is a collector's headphone no doubt about it. I don't miss it with having a GH2.
Well if you or anyone else is looking to unload a limited release PM me, I'm sure I have another indiscriminate purchase or two in me :wink:

Apr 17, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #52,367 of 65,787
Well if you or anyone else is looking to unload a limited release PM me, I'm sure I have another indiscriminate purchase or two in me :wink:
…are you willing to pay an indiscriminate indeterminate price?…🤣

Apr 17, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #52,369 of 65,787
How would you compare the GS1000i to the GS3000e? PS1000e and the GS3000e? I have a chance to get a GS3000e but have never listened and wanted to make sure they were different enough from what I have to justify.
Right now I have been traveling and very busy to feed back a comparison &
info on these in a timely manner. Perhaps one of our community pick up the gauntlet on this one.

Second part of that is I have never been a fan of the GS1000 series, from the first version to the current e model. Maybe a next version will change that. I would like to like it but it has not even been a consideration for me.

Of course my thoughts on that need not influence the next person.

Apr 17, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #52,370 of 65,787
Ok another update on the 325x ... retried the continuity of all 4 negative blue wires and they are all connected in some way! In other words the negatives which would normally be seperate on each driver are linked in some way to each driver, now this on 3.5 mm is/would not be an issue as they are all connected to the same terminal on the 3.5 jack ,so both drivers would still be connected but at 3.5 jack end (hope this makes sense)
So if it is at all possible to balance these you would probably need to rewire completely or at least go into the cups and make sure no link between negatives ...and maybe because of the way they are wired in the first place it might not benefit at all or work well .
Mmmmm
I just continued reading this thread due to a busy weekend so I didn't bother reading what I missed. I don't know what you posted before this, but you do not have to open the cups to balance the headphones...you did something wrong in some way or another. You're trying to terminate to a 4-pin XLR, correct?

Apr 17, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #52,371 of 65,787
I just continued reading this thread due to a busy weekend so I didn't bother reading what I missed. I don't know what you posted before this, but you do not have to open the cups to balance the headphones...you did something wrong in some way or another. You're trying to terminate to a 4-pin XLR, correct?
I believe he was trying to terminate at the end to 4.4.

Apr 18, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #52,372 of 65,787
I promise you I checked and double checked wired and rewired twice...i do this work for a living for nearly 25 year's my company wires for naim audio, built tons of cables for iems....In the end I took all 4 blue wires no connector just strippped ends and checked for continuity out of frustration because I couldn't determine which and literally buzzed out all 4 wires and each time I did they ALL beeped for continuity, so this definitely means they are linked and probably at the Y split or there is a short but very very unlikely as ALL 4 buzzed out , could understand 3 but 4 to short no ...
So you see as my posts determine if using 3.5 mm this wouldn't make a difference but balanced would ..I'm confident in this that I would even video with me and meter and all 4 blue negatives showing continuity ..... connector at the end makes no difference in this test even though it was 4.4 pentaconn which I have wired numerous times.

The only other thing is dodgy cheap meter but it still wouldn't buzz out for continuity surely??? That's just a circuit.
I do want to say I do understand your post, EVEN I thought I must have done something wrong or dodgy meter when checking ohms which is why I checked for continuity , 2 should buzz out each side not all 4 which lead me to believe they have to be linked somewhere and probably in the Y split.

But as you and I know this would be extremely unusual?? And unlikely so it's got me stumped???

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #52,373 of 65,787
Right now I have been traveling and very busy to feed back a comparison &
info on these in a timely manner. Perhaps one of our community pick up the gauntlet on this one.

Second part of that is I have never been a fan of the GS1000 series, from the first version to the current e model. Maybe a next version will change that. I would like to like it but it has not even been a consideration for me.

Of course my thoughts on that need not influence the next person.
Sure, no worries. I'm quoting your post simply because it mentioned you had both.

Apr 18, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #52,375 of 65,787
Also guys I'm probably coming into possession of some Grados for sale, of which one pair are original 325 non letter , was wondering how much these could be worth?
100-125 usd

Apr 18, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #52,377 of 65,787
Also guys I'm probably coming into possession of some Grados for sale, of which one pair are original 325 non letter , was wondering how much these could be worth?
I recently purchased that model in super good shape for around 175 USD. They are by far the most transparent and open sounding headphone I have ever owned. They are also the only Grado of the ones I have had that sounds great (but in different ways) with all the various Grado pads. If you can find them and if you have a bit of Grado legacy interest in you I think they are legendary and highly recommended.

Apr 18, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #52,378 of 65,787
I recently purchased that model in super good shape for around 175 USD. They are by far the most transparent and open sounding headphone I have ever owned. They are also the only Grado of the ones I have had that sounds great (but in different ways) with all the various Grado pads. If you can find them and if you have a bit of Grado legacy interest in you I think they are legendary and highly recommended.
I have them definitely/ technically, should/will have them within about a month .
Il try them see if I like them myself, probably will sell them as they are not the only grado or other can I have coming and I'm going to keep some for personal and pleasurable reasons , can't say too much at the moment as it's all not finalized but I'm more than likely selling an old friends collection for them and it's huge! Can't afford to keep them all! Or have this space!
Watch this space guys and il keep you posted and may post an interest ad on everything.

Apr 18, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #52,379 of 65,787
I was wondering just out of interest what other grado you have that you compared them too? Thanks

Apr 18, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #52,380 of 65,787
Adding ”Hemp” to classifieds listing. EU only and warrant till Aug, 8 2022. This is version 1 with the classic cable (which I prefer but that is my opinion lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back