Grado Fan Club!
May 22, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #65,777 of 66,246
No PS2000 housings to be found...
I do like the looks of the PS2000 a bit better, but overall I just like you playing around. The PS500 special worked out really well, and I'm very much looking forward to a different view on the 52mm x drivers.
And so growing my collection. A bit at least :wink:

May 22, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #65,779 of 66,246
If only I could order from outside of the US of A....

Kind regards very one from Holland:relaxed:
These special models are available outside of the U.S. I’m in Austria myself…

May 22, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #65,780 of 66,246
A few things, which I'm putting all in one message rather than clutter up the feed, so I will helpfully number them and whoever has any answers can answer by number or something maybe.

1) I found this for burn-in. The person also sells the files, as MP3, FLAC, and WAV, pay what you wish. The video is 11 hours, I don't know how long the files are, I have been reliably advised to let it play through -- medium volume. and then let the phones rest for a couple of hours. I know it's possible to make these files I know it's possible to make theseon one's own. I know Grado suggests burning in by listening. In this one case I'm running out of return window. I'm just passing this along.

2) I have what purports to be a gs1000i. Apparently it was a GS1000 that was sent back and the drivers and cable replaced. I trust this, but would like to verify. Any advice would be warmly welcome.

3) I know there is a Classifieds section, and I don't want to break any meaningful rule here, so I will gladly take this down at once if I'm doing so, but it's still less than 30 days for me so I can't post yet, it's to buy not sell, AND, and MOST of all, in my experience on forums for other things such as fountain pens, putting out feelers has often made people think, 'Gee, I hadn't really thought of selling, but I just realized I haven't used the thing for a while, etc.', so, a GH2.

Thanks!

May 22, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #65,781 of 66,246
A few things, which I'm putting all in one message rather than clutter up the feed, so I will helpfully number them and whoever has any answers can answer by number or something maybe.

1) I found this for burn-in. The person also sells the files, as MP3, FLAC, and WAV, pay what you wish. The video is 11 hours, I don't know how long the files are, I have been reliably advised to let it play through -- medium volume. and then let the phones rest for a couple of hours. I know it's possible to make these files I know it's possible to make theseon one's own. I know Grado suggests burning in by listening. In this one case I'm running out of return window. I'm just passing this along.

2) I have what purports to be a gs1000i. Apparently it was a GS1000 that was sent back and the drivers and cable replaced. I trust this, but would like to verify. Any advice would be warmly welcome.

3) I know there is a Classifieds section, and I don't want to break any meaningful rule here, so I will gladly take this down at once if I'm doing so, but it's still less than 30 days for me so I can't post yet, it's to buy not sell, AND, and MOST of all, in my experience on forums for other things such as fountain pens, putting out feelers has often made people think, 'Gee, I hadn't really thought of selling, but I just realized I haven't used the thing for a while, etc.', so, a GH2.

Thanks!

I have a GS1000i and love it, it does require a fair amount of power and is said to need quite a bit of burn-in - maybe 70 hours or more to give its best (I bought mine lightly used). When fitted to a suitable rig sounds to me like a modern Quad Electrostatic speaker/system - very musical...a window on the performance.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #65,782 of 66,246
I have a GS1000i and love it, it does require a fair amount of power and is said to need quite a bit of burn-in - maybe 70 hours or more to give its best (I bought mine lightly used). When fitted to a suitable rig sounds to me like a modern Quad Electrostatic speaker/system - very musical...a window on the performance.
Uh-oh, I confess I was asking because I'm thinking of selling it and want to make sure I list it accurately. I like it fine for what I paid for it, it's obviously authentic Grado, but of the ones I have it and the hemp are the least, well I hesitate to say necessary as that will still leave 7, but anyway. I've been playing the GH4 and it is absolutely delightful, sparkling and detailed and musical, and in a way that's the kind of touch I was looking from in the 1000i. Now I wonder if it's even worth bothering with a GH2 because I know they are different but apparently also similar.

May 22, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #65,783 of 66,246
While I'm cluttering up the thread I will add first of all the Vali 3 is what everybody said it is, and thanks again to everyone who recommended it. However, it adds to my rapidly coming to the conclusion I'm too much of a peasant for the sophistication of the GS series. The absolute keepers so far are the HP2 -- I know, why not just stop there (even we peasants know when we are hearing something astonishing) -- GH4, RS2e, RS1x. I have a PS2000e enroute, which I am authoritatively told I will absolutely be keeping.The SR225e is for walking on the beach in case I drop it and/or if I get mugged, it's fun and was cheap and I like open backs in places where I might get mugged and they might help me get away in advance. Everything else is up for grabs I suppose, including my beloved Hemp, I can't imagine a scenario in which I would reach for it before one of the three at the end of the sentence above, it's beautifully burned in, let somebody else have the pleasure and me the room. End of clutter.

May 22, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #65,784 of 66,246
Uh-oh, I confess I was asking because I'm thinking of selling it and want to make sure I list it accurately. I like it fine for what I paid for it, it's obviously authentic Grado, but of the ones I have it and the hemp are the least, well I hesitate to say necessary as that will still leave 7, but anyway. I've been playing the GH4 and it is absolutely delightful, sparkling and detailed and musical, and in a way that's the kind of touch I was looking from in the 1000i. Now I wonder if it's even worth bothering with a GH2 because I know they are different but apparently also similar.
.... tonally, GH2 and GH4 are similar -- to me. GH2, with its harder cocobolo wood, has faster 'onset' and 'decay' of notes & chords. GH4, with its softer Norwegian pine, delightfully stretches that onset and decay. My preference between GH2 and GH4 depends on what I feel like hearing.

May 22, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #65,785 of 66,246
.... tonally, GH2 and GH4 are similar -- to me. GH2, with its harder cocobolo wood, has faster 'onset' and 'decay' of notes & chords. GH4, with its softer Norwegian pine, delightfully stretches that onset and decay. My preference between GH2 and GH4 depends on what I feel like hearing.
@jonathan c, you just saved me some time and bucks and I thank you. I have cans that sufficiently do what you describe with the GH2, but the GH4 is the only one I have that does what you describe about it -- and more accurately than I did, I am not familiar enough with the particularities of aficionado adjectives. Phew!

May 23, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #65,786 of 66,246
Any info on Alessandro MS2X?

I see it on the Munkong Gadget site.

they are sold out of something they are calling the Alessandro MS PRO X
I have one. Sound is very good. Bass is extended, nice and deep, somewhat comparable to a Beyer Dynamic. Compared to a regular 325 I'd say the lower end is very beautiful, to some it may be a little bit too much. For my taste it is almost perfect (having several, more high-end Grados as well).

May 23, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #65,788 of 66,246
hmhas.jpg
and
grado_gh2_heritage_series_limited_1319000.jpg
=
faf.jpg

May 23, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #65,789 of 66,246
Selling my GH1 with BA pads, G cushions, Turbulent Labs headband, Nyczaj gimbals, and Geekria carrying case in the Classifieds: https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds...abs-headband-and-geekria-carrying-case.68511/

They're great headphones and this might be blasphemy as a Head-Fier, but basically all my listening time these days is with my Verites on my desktop setup and I'm totally content with just having those, so I want the GH1 to go to someone who will be able to listen to and appreciate them!

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #65,790 of 66,246
Selling my GH1 with BA pads, G cushions, Turbulent Labs headband, Nyczaj gimbals, and Geekria carrying case in the Classifieds: https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds...abs-headband-and-geekria-carrying-case.68511/

They're great headphones and this might be blasphemy as a Head-Fier, but basically all my listening time these days is with my Verites on my desktop setup and I'm totally content with just having those, so I want the GH1 to go to someone who will be able to listen to and appreciate them!
Very nice! (I already have a set .... so .... STEP UP Gradoers !!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back