Grado Fan Club!
May 14, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #31,981 of 65,555
  I have worried a little about dust, but I try to keep most of my headphones out of direct line of droppage of dust (i.e. under something like an awning) if not boxed.  However, for me at least, one of the surest remedies to dust is frequent use... the handling, teh vibration of sound, and even a carful blowing or shaking will knock off any accumulation.

And do not think that your headphones kept in their Grado box are immune.  The blue foam used in the HP1000 headphone box, for example, crumbles over the years and can fill Grado headphone openings faster than room dust!

That's pretty much what I was thinking. As long as we don't neglect our headphones, somewhat consistent use should do the trick, right?

i vacuum mine (very carefully) once in a while.

but as the drivers are moving things, displacing air, i don't know if it's even needed to do so.

I've THOUGHT about doing this but... I'm kinda scared to. :wink: Anyone ever considering a little blast of air from one of these? I'm guessing if you hold the Grado above your head, give it a blast, gravity should take care of the rest, no?

May 14, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #31,983 of 65,555
beautiful day, killer tunes...

May 14, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #31,984 of 65,555
  My 29-Member GRADO Family Portrait

(From L to R):
Row 1:  Joseph Grado HPA-1, HP1000, Grado GR10e, RA1
Row 2:  PS1000, PS1000e
Row 3:  GS1000i, GS1000e
Row 4:  Bushmills X, HF1, PS500, GH1
Row 5:  RS2e, RS2i, RS2, RS1
Row 6:  RS1i, SR325e, SR325is, SR325i
Row 7:  SR125, SR125e, SR225i, SR325
Row 8:  SR80, SR80e, SR60i, iGrado
Row 9:  Grado Wooden Box (Over Ears); Grado Wooden Box (On Ears).

Do you remember what I told you, the last time you posted an outside post of your Grados,

Well...I'm waiting....what did I tell you?....I'm not kidding John, I need you to tell me...I truly don't remember, DAMN MEDS!

Oh!, I remember now!, I told you 4 things.

1) I told you never to take your Grados outside on a sunny day. Don't come crying to me, when your plastic SR Grados start melting.
2) I warned you that by lying them flat like you did, you basically asking the birds to go number two on your drivers. Do you have any idea how hard it is to remove bird shiet from there... well it is...trust me.
3) I informed you that the lettering on your HP1000 is ultra fragile, it can actually melt, have you forgotten that Joseph did the lettering with red cake frosting.

I should just go ahead report you to Vader, but because I like you, I'll just come over to your house, and confiscate your collection for 6 months.
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #31,985 of 65,555

1) I told you never to take your Grados outside on a sunny day. Don't come crying to me, when your plastic SR Grados start melting.
2) I warned you that by lying them flat like you did, you basically asking the birds to go number two on your drivers. Do you have any idea how hard it is to remove bird shiet from there... well it is...trust me.
3) I informed you that the lettering on your HP1000 is ultra fragile, it can actually melt, have you forgotten that Joseph did the lettering with red cake frosting.

I should just go ahead report you to Vader, but because I like you, I'll just come over to your house, and confiscate your collection for 6 months.
biggrin.gif

LOL!  I was about to post and ask @ruthieandjohn if bird poo had ever visited his outdoor "family portraits".... because that's the first thought I had when I saw outdoor Grado's!! 
popcorn.gif

May 15, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #31,986 of 65,555
Hello!

Just won a Grado SR60i will be getting them sooner and later! It will be my first Grado headphone!!! XD I myself LOVE metal rocks and some other aggressive music so I am guessing I will like the Grado SR60i but the question is, what to aspect?! XD I am now currently using the XBA-4 so probably the IEM shall be my portable headphone and the Grado will be my reference real soon!!!

Any recommended ALBUMS to listen with the Grados? XD getting REALLY excited can't wait to get my first pair of Grado!!! And I heard it's a good headphone for modding!

Billson :D :D
I have had my sr60'son for 5 years, they are the best cans you will ever own, trust me for the price, and quality, no comparison

May 15, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #31,988 of 65,555

LOL!  I was about to post and ask @ruthieandjohn if bird poo had ever visited his outdoor "family portraits".... because that's the first thought I had when I saw outdoor Grado's!! 
popcorn.gif

Great minds, think alike!
wink.gif

May 15, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #31,989 of 65,555

popcorn.gif

If you think the dead cannot come to life, you should see how fast I run to first place, then photograph, then remove those headphones from that outdoor picnic table!

May 15, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #31,990 of 65,555
  In this thread, I proposed starting a separate thread to compare Grado headphones to each other, following the example of @Giogio in his thread "Huge Comparison of [Almost} All Bluetooth Headphones."  Folks supported the idea of starting a separate thread devoted to comparing two or more Grados, rather than adding it as a discontinuous topic here in the Grado Fan Cub thread.  The new thread will invite input from all Grado fans active here, but will emphasize the comparison of two or more pairs of Grados to each other.   I hope to begin it with a "Huge" comparison of over 20 Grados, based on my over two dozen three-way comparisons of Grado models, such as the one above.

As promised, I have opened a new thread here, devoted to the comparison of one Grado model to another.  This was found very successful in @giogio's thread mentioned above to help folks find comparisons (not history, not single-model discussions, but comparisons) of one bluetooth headphone to another.

Here is a huge matrix from that thread comparing my 27 Grado headphones.  Please feel free to add your own comparisons of Grado models there.

May 16, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #31,991 of 65,555
  As promised, I have opened a new thread here, devoted to the comparison of one Grado model to another.  This was found very successful in @giogio's thread mentioned above to help folks find comparisons (not history, not single-model discussions, but comparisons) of one bluetooth headphone to another.

Here is a huge matrix from that thread comparing my 27 Grado headphones.  Please feel free to add your own comparisons of Grado models there.

Ahhh! those Bushmills-X, what a major no brainer, these are!
L3000.gif

May 17, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #31,993 of 65,555
yesterday i soaked and shampood my Gradp over ear pads, cleaning about 6 years worth of dna off (my unit was used as a demo model, and as the serial number is 157, they have been around for a while, going from this this post)

They're much more flexible now, and this makes it seem like there's more bass too.
I think it's caused by being closer to the speakers?

May 17, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #31,994 of 65,555
yesterday i soaked and shampood my Gradp over ear pads, cleaning about 6 years worth of dna off (my unit was used as a demo model, and as the serial number is 157, they have been around for a while, going from this this post)

They're much more flexible now, and this makes it seem like there's more bass too.
I think it's caused by being closer to the speakers?

yep. I usually keep an extra pair of L-cush that I wash with fabric softener. Super soft, smell great and changes up the sound a bit too! somewhere in between the TTVJ flat and L-cush I suppose. I don't currently have one as our new pup decided to snatch them up when I wasn't looking. This happened a few weeks ago btw.

I've always wanted a G-cush that was in between the L-cush and the G-cush as far as distance from the ear. I've even considered trimming a pair of g-cush's down a bit but now that you've mentioned it, I think i'll try it with my current pair i use on the ps500, I mean as soon as I buy a new pair I'll wash the old ones and find out for myself how it sounds...

Always a good thing to have spare cushions laying around for us grado fans, the sound is VERY dependent on the cushions being used at the time!

May 17, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #31,995 of 65,555
  yep. I usually keep an extra pair of L-cush that I wash with fabric softener. Super soft, smell great and changes up the sound a bit too! somewhere in between the TTVJ flat and L-cush I suppose. I don't currently have one as our new pup decided to snatch them up when I wasn't looking. This happened a few weeks ago btw.

I've always wanted a G-cush that was in between the L-cush and the G-cush as far as distance from the ear. I've even considered trimming a pair of g-cush's down a bit but now that you've mentioned it, I think i'll try it with my current pair i use on the ps500, I mean as soon as I buy a new pair I'll wash the old ones and find out for myself how it sounds...

Always a good thing to have spare cushions laying around for us grado fans, the sound is VERY dependent on the cushions being used at the time!

i have 2 sets of G-cush, one from Grado (on my PS1000), one from earzonk (on my RS1), as backup i have the on ears, both from earzonk and grado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back