Grado Fan Club!
May 12, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #31,966 of 65,692
Well, turns out our Grado Fan bo...I mean Grado fan/amateur Psychiatrist was right after all. Not only have I got O.C.D., but I also have A.D.D., wich means, Attention Deficit....wow! what a pretty bird...Disorder.

Would you believe that I aslo have E.D.S., wich means Emotional Detachment Disorder, of course, I was bummed, but then DR Wacko explained to me that I can say anything I want, and I cant be held accountable,

because I have E.D.D.

Anyway, regarding Grado's new GS2000, I took a close look at the pictrues, and after a few hours of close examination, I finnaly found the perfect setting on my microscope, yes, I said microscope, (O.C.D. remember), I noticed that the GS2000 have,

...hmmm!, looks like rain...where was I, oh yeah!, the GS2000 actually have blue drivers, now, in case you're thinking ahww! Stacker must be seeing things, check it out for yourselves, and let know what you think.
blink.gif

May 13, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #31,968 of 65,692
The more I hear about all these other Grado headphones the happier I am that I bought, and kept, my SR325e phones. I think these along with the RS2e are best bang for the buck in the lineup.

May 13, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #31,969 of 65,692
  The more I hear about all these other Grado headphones the happier I am that I bought, and kept, my SR325e phones. I think these along with the RS2e are best bang for the buck in the lineup.

The 325is was the first headphone that I heard , that really was that detailed and transparent.

May 13, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #31,971 of 65,692

I would add the SR80e to that list.

May 13, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #31,972 of 65,692
My 29-Member GRADO Family Portrait

(From L to R):
Row 1:  Joseph Grado HPA-1, HP1000, Grado GR10e, RA1
Row 2:  PS1000, PS1000e
Row 3:  GS1000i, GS1000e
Row 4:  Bushmills X, HF1, PS500, GH1
Row 5:  RS2e, RS2i, RS2, RS1
Row 6:  RS1i, SR325e, SR325is, SR325i
Row 7:  SR125, SR125e, SR225i, SR325
Row 8:  SR80, SR80e, SR60i, iGrado
Row 9:  Grado Wooden Box (Over Ears); Grado Wooden Box (On Ears).

May 13, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #31,974 of 65,692
Mostly hanging. I do use the two boxes, as well as the one that came with the Bushmills, but the others hang on hooks at various places around the house. I do have the boxes for almost all of them, but I really do switch around them a lot so boxes and shelves would be cumbersome. Many hang behind or under a dust barrier. I am thinking about a tall book case with glass front, lighted interior, and about five hooks under each shelf.

May 13, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #31,975 of 65,692
Mostly hanging. I do use the two boxes, as well as the one that came with the Bushmills, but the others hang on hooks at various places around the house. I do have the boxes for almost all of them, but I really do switch around them a lot so boxes and shelves would be cumbersome. Many hang behind or under a dust barrier. I am thinking about a tall book case with glass front, lighted interior, and about five hooks under each shelf.

Now that would be a nice idea!

May 13, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #31,976 of 65,692
  My 29-Member GRADO Family Portrait

(From L to R):
Row 1:  Joseph Grado HPA-1, HP1000, Grado GR10e, RA1
Row 2:  PS1000, PS1000e
Row 3:  GS1000i, GS1000e
Row 4:  Bushmills X, HF1, PS500, GH1
Row 5:  RS2e, RS2i, RS2, RS1
Row 6:  RS1i, SR325e, SR325is, SR325i
Row 7:  SR125, SR125e, SR225i, SR325
Row 8:  SR80, SR80e, SR60i, iGrado
Row 9:  Grado Wooden Box (Over Ears); Grado Wooden Box (On Ears).

You Sir...Are   GRADO DRUNK!    
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #31,977 of 65,692

Actually, I've been meaning to asking you guys about this... How concerned are you all about dust? I used to normally keep my cans (specifically my Grados) in the drawer below my schiit stack but my fiancé was nice enough to get me an awesome, hand crafted walnut stand. I keep my cans on display all the time now (GS1Ke and HE-1k). They certainly don't look dusty. I use them often enough that they aren't just sitting around collecting dust but... I do live in a small 1 bedroom apartment with 3 cats and a fiancé... Dust happens. 

Am I just being neurotic or what? 
deadhorse.gif

May 13, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #31,978 of 65,692

Actually, I've been meaning to asking you guys about this... How concerned are you all about dust? I used to normally keep my cans (specifically my Grados) in the drawer below my schiit stack but my fiancé was nice enough to get me an awesome, hand crafted walnut stand. I keep my cans on display all the time now (GS1Ke and HE-1k). They certainly don't look dusty. I use them often enough that they aren't just sitting around collecting dust but... I do live in a small 1 bedroom apartment with 3 cats and a fiancé... Dust happens. 

deadhorse.gif

I have worried a little about dust, but I try to keep most of my headphones out of direct line of droppage of dust (i.e. under something like an awning) if not boxed.  However, for me at least, one of the surest remedies to dust is frequent use... the handling, teh vibration of sound, and even a carful blowing or shaking will knock off any accumulation.

And do not think that your headphones kept in their Grado box are immune.  The blue foam used in the HP1000 headphone box, for example, crumbles over the years and can fill Grado headphone openings faster than room dust!

May 13, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #31,979 of 65,692
size]

Not at all.
I place felt circles (the correct size) inside my grills to prevent dust from going inside. I obviously lay mu Grado flat and leave the paper on the adhesive side and place the felt side down against the grills…works great! My 009 is on a Woo stand and is always covered completely with a thin 100% cotton pouch which also work great!

May 14, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #31,980 of 65,692

deadhorse.gif

i vacuum mine (very carefully) once in a while.

but as the drivers are moving things, displacing air, i don't know if it's even needed to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back