Grado Fan Club!
Feb 10, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #30,692 of 65,642
Posted it in the e-series thread but got no reply so far. Guys, would you think owning both the 325e and the ms2e is a waste? The shopaholic in me just awakened!

Never heard the (e) series of either, but did have both the (is) series and both were great, but different, but I did prefer the 325is…I wouldn't sat it would be a waste but…?

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #30,693 of 65,642
Ho avuto il SR80E e ora ho la sr225e e devo dire che le differenze ci sono, la 225 ha più sonoro è più aperto e il suono più dettagliato come, solo una cosa che non mi piace, è che è un po 'difficile sulle voci speriamo che con burn-in è ammorbidito.

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #30,694 of 65,642
"I had the SR80E and now I have the sr225e and I must say that there are differences, the 225 has more sound is more open and more detailed sound like, just one thing I do not like, is that it is a bit 'hard on the items we hope that with burn-in is softened."

google translated the above :wink:

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #30,695 of 65,642
  "I had the SR80E and now I have the sr225e and I must say that there are differences, the 225 has more sound is more open and more detailed sound like, just one thing I do not like, is that it is a bit 'hard on the items we hope that with burn-in is softened."

google translated the above :wink:

Always translate, in this case I was wrong thanks

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #30,696 of 65,642
it's a warren wednesday so i'm listening to this 

it seems fitting that i'm listening to it with my "vintage" rs2 and project sunrise iii, 
the sound ? quite good, the performance ? even better 

the thing i love about youtube, some many complete , live shows.
i don't get out much anymore, like i used to anyway, this is the next best thing to being there

Feb 10, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #30,697 of 65,642
it's a warren wednesday so i'm listening to this 

it seems fitting that i'm listening to it with my "vintage" rs2 and project sunrise iii, 
the sound ? quite good, the performance ? even better 

Ok, you've had those vintage rs2s for a week... Time to switch partners and dance. I got my money ready!

Feb 10, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #30,698 of 65,642
Ok, you've had those vintage rs2s for a week... Time to switch partners and dance. I got my money ready!

But John, there's no box, and they smell like smoke

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #30,699 of 65,642
Never heard the (e) series of either, but did have both the (is) series and both were great, but different, but I did prefer the 325is…I wouldn't sat it would be a waste but…?

I know it's a bit off topic but I was wondering how your SR009 journey was going? Lately I've found myself inexplicably typing sr009 into the for sale forum search for some inexplicable reason. I just look up and those letters are on my screen, somehow, supernaturally

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #30,700 of 65,642
I know it's a bit off topic but I was wondering how your SR009 journey was going? Lately I've found myself inexplicably typing sr009 into the for sale forum search for some inexplicable reason. I just look up and those letters are on my screen, somehow, supernaturally

Since selling the 007/009/KGSSHV I've purchased another 009 which I haven't even opened, and I also purchased a quad matched set of NOS-Amperex EL34's while I wait for the final payment notice for my BHSE. All of the BHSE's in batch #4 (which I'm in) are supposed to be shipped by March. Thanks for asking. Are you also interested in hearing the 009?

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #30,701 of 65,642
  Since selling the 007/009/KGSSHV I've purchased another 009 which I haven't even opened, and I also purchased a quad matched set of NOS-Amperex EL34's while I wait for the final payment notice for my BHSE. All of the BHSE's in batch #4 (which I'm in) are supposed to be shipped by March. Thanks for asking. Are you also interested in hearing the 009?

I've heard the SR009 a few times, and always been blown away.  One of my local Head-Fi buddies, Purk, has one that I am fortunate to listen to occasionally (with a KGSSHV Carbon).  My ultimate issue with the SR009 has nothing to do with sound, which I consider the best I've ever heard, or even the price, which I could deal with if I didn't buy any other new photography or music gear for a year, but more that I don't know that I would be able to sit down in a single place in my house and listen to it enough to justify the money and space it would consume.  That's been the primary hesitation I've had with it.  I really only listen at my "central home station" maybe an hour or two per week.  That's where the m9XX has been such a God send to me, because I can get top shelf sound anywhere I have my laptop set up.  Right now I'm in this battle between loving the simplicity of my setup and the growing feeling that the only two real paths to upgrade for me would be a SR009 setup on the extreme end, or a fully balanced DAC and amp, and recabling my main cans for a balanced setup.  Part of me is leaning towards the SR009 over going balanced, because that would allow me to maintain the simplicity that I like while having that true TOTL setup.  Just a hesitation knowing that I'd actually end up listening to it the least of any of my setups.  

Anyway, to make this Grado related, I'm almost at the point of just buying a GH1 because I'm curious to hear it, and I don't know anybody local who owns one or any dealers who have them.  Atlanta is so weird, if I was interested in a PS500e, RS2e, etc, there are literally a dozen people I could contact to hear one.  But can't find a GH1 at a private owner or dealer in the city to demo anywhere.  

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #30,702 of 65,642

I've heard the SR009 a few times, and always been blown away.  One of my local Head-Fi buddies, Purk, has one that I am fortunate to listen to occasionally (with a KGSSHV Carbon).  My ultimate issue with the SR009 has nothing to do with sound, which I consider the best I've ever heard, or even the price, which I could deal with if I didn't buy any other new photography or music gear for a year, but more that I don't know that I would be able to sit down in a single place in my house and listen to it enough to justify the money and space it would consume.  That's been the primary hesitation I've had with it.  I really only listen at my "central home station" maybe an hour or two per week.  That's where the m9XX has been such a God send to me, because I can get top shelf sound anywhere I have my laptop set up.  Right now I'm in this battle between loving the simplicity of my setup and the growing feeling that the only two real paths to upgrade for me would be a SR009 setup on the extreme end, or a fully balanced DAC and amp, and recabling my main cans for a balanced setup.  Part of me is leaning towards the SR009 over going balanced, because that would allow me to maintain the simplicity that I like while having that true TOTL setup.  Just a hesitation knowing that I'd actually end up listening to it the least of any of my setups.  

Anyway, to make this Grado related, I'm almost at the point of just buying a GH1 because I'm curious to hear it, and I don't know anybody local who owns one or any dealers who have them.  Atlanta is so weird, if I was interested in a PS500e, RS2e, etc, there are literally a dozen people I could contact to hear one.  But can't find a GH1 at a private owner or dealer in the city to demo anywhere.  

I could see why you would be hesitant to make such a purchase if your not going to sit in one place and listen to this combo if you don't have the time and are listening about. I hd no other means of hearing the 007/009/KGSSHV/BHSE so I had no choice but to make the purchases. The 009 was the only HP that WOWED me besides the Grados after trying many different HP's and comparing them all to my PS1K at the time, so I really enjoyed it myself. You may have recall I thought the 009 was the reason for the ringing in my ears which wasn't the case, but I only realized this after selling off everything. 
size]
 At the same time I had an order placed for the BHSE and was going to cancel, but decided to get the 009 again and keep my order for the BHSE. I intend for this to be my end game set-up. When the BHSE arrives I will put all of my other gear away and ONLY listen the the 009/BHSE for a very long time and hear how it goes for me.

As far as the GH-1 goes Crutchfield still has them in stock…I doubt any dealer would have a demo pair being they are
"Limited Edition" HP's. You definitely won't be disappointed with them! 

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #30,703 of 65,642
  I could see why you would be hesitant to make such a purchase if your not going to sit in one place and listen to this combo if you don't have the time and are listening about. I hd no other means of hearing the 007/009/KGSSHV/BHSE so I had no choice but to make the purchases. The 009 was the only HP that WOWED me besides the Grados after trying many different HP's and comparing them all to my PS1K at the time, so I really enjoyed it myself. You may have recall I thought the 009 was the reason for the ringing in my ears which wasn't the case, but I only realized this after selling off everything. 
size]
 At the same time I had an order placed for the BHSE and was going to cancel, but decided to get the 009 again and keep my order for the BHSE. I intend for this to be my end game set-up. When the BHSE arrives I will put all of my other gear away and ONLY listen the the 009/BHSE for a very long time and hear how it goes for me.

As far as the GH-1 goes Crutchfield still has them in stock…I doubt any dealer would have a demo pair being they are
"Limited Edition" HP's. You definitely won't be disappointed with them! 

yeah, the Grado dealers here are only doing them on a "we will place an order for you" basis.  We had a meet recently and there were 5 PS500e's there, but not a single GH1.  SMH.  

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #30,704 of 65,642
  yeah, the Grado dealers here are only doing them on a "we will place an order for you" basis.  We had a meet recently and there were 5 PS500e's there, but not a single GH1.  SMH.  

People are afraid to take them out, they might get robbed. 
biggrin.gif

I think its because people don't realize how good Grados are in general…never mind the GH-1, and most so called "audiophiles" frown upon them, why, I don't know nor can I understand this. 
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #30,705 of 65,642
  People are afraid to take them out, they might get robbed. 
biggrin.gif

I think its because people don't realize how good Grados are in general…never mind the GH-1, and most so called "audiophiles" frown upon them, why, I don't know nor can I understand this. 
confused_face_2.gif

I don't understand it either, I would say my Grados get about 90% of my listening time while the HD800s get the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back