Grado Fan Club!
Oct 31, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #28,816 of 65,639
  Please remember to leave your door unlocked at night and your PS1000s prominently placed so someone here can indeed steal them.  Oh, and PM me your street address!!!  

PM sent! 
biggrin.gif

Considering how many people prefer the G-cush with the GH-1, I'm surprised that you didn't give them a try.
size]

Wow, this is some news!
size]

I'm happy for you Buddy. Those 009 have to be very impressive, for you to be selling your PS1k so soon.  

I actually knew I preferred the 009 with initial impressions, but then after a total of just 12hrs listening time, there was no question for me. And you all know how much I love my the PS1K. As a matter of fact, I just put it out there on this thread, and if nobody interested in them I'll keep them and still enjoy them immensely!!! Remember, I just wanted something different other than Grado…this doesn't mean I don't love the sound of Grado's…I was just trying to downsize being I don't need all of these HP's.

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #28,817 of 65,639
I do need my bass,therefore i will keep PS500e,unfortunately G-cush spoils the sound of ps500e,so my only solution is to change headphones when my ears start to hurt after an hour,thank G-d i have plenty of options.I still want to point out that since Grado have headphones that are over $500 and even over $1500,maybe it's time for them to use pleather or velour?

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #28,818 of 65,639
  I do need my bass,therefore i will keep PS500e,unfortunately G-cush spoils the sound of ps500e,so my only solution is to change headphones when my ears start to hurt after an hour,thank G-d i have plenty of options.I still want to point out that since Grado have headphones that are over $500 and even over $1500,maybe it's time for them to use pleather or velour?

Ahhhw, what do you mean g-cush spoils 500e? Some like it.

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #28,820 of 65,639
Nov 1, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #28,821 of 65,639
Yeah, you mean "great' sunday morning......lol

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #28,823 of 65,639
"Grado - continually surprising with improvement up the line"

That's sort of what I am constantly finding with Grados. I recently (a week ago) received and started using a new pair of Grado SR125e headphones.  I listened and listened, often choosing them in place of a pair of Ultrasone Edition 8 Ruthenium closed headphones listing at ten times the price that I got at the same time.

I keep marveling at how good everything sounds with the SR125e.  I keep thinking "Nothing could sound any better."  I recall having the same thoughts when I listen even to my Grado SR60i!  As long as I stick with a particular Grado, I cannot imagine any other Grado sounding better.

But then today, after using the SR125e almost exclusively for a week (trying to get some burn-in hours on it as well), I switched to my SR325e.

WOW!  The treble became much clearer, with a veil that I didn't even know was there lifted and more detail in the treble sound.  Also, there was some bass, not strong but more than on the SR125e and very clear.

So yet again, once I convince myself that whatever Grados I am listening to cannot be improved upon, I try a higher-model Grado and ecstatically find that there is more.

A while ago, I built a comparison of 13 Grado headphone models (link in my signature). Since then, I have acquired the Bushmills X, the GH-1, the HF-1, the SR325, SR325i, SR325is, and the SR125e mentioned above.  After a bit more burn-in, I hope to update it to include these at their proper points.  These comparisons take a LOT of time, so they will have towait till I can get around to it.

I suspect it might be better to post it in a thread devoted to comparing various Grado models, similar to what @Giogio has done in his thread "Huge Comparison of [Almost] All The Best BT Headphones" or similar title.  There (and in mine), the rule would be to concentrate on comparing two or more Grado models. 

What do you think.... is a thread devoted to comparison of models of Grado able to stand on its own?  Or is that better in this thread?

Thanks.

Nov 2, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #28,826 of 65,639
I have a set of PS500e that are broken in, and a broken in GH-1. They are very similar. PS500e bass slightly more present. GH-1 treble slightly more detailed. GH-1 is 5x more comfortable due to weight. Add G-Cush to GH-1 and they improve about 20%.

Why do you keep both if they are so similar,change one of them for something that is more drastically different.If you going to get rid one of them,which one are you going to keep,out of curiosity?

Nov 2, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #28,827 of 65,639
Had my SR80e's for about a year at the time of this post. It took a while for the cans to completely win me over, but after about a month or so I absolutely fell in love with the things. Despite the comfort and durability issues (I baby the living heck out of these things as a result), the sound is beyond exquisite. However, at this point I am looking to mod my pair in the near future. Problem is, I have no clue how to do that sort of thing. Essentially what I am looking for is a service that is able to mod my SR80e's. If that isn't a thing that is provided or existing, I would be will to try easy to do mods that would make my grado experience even better. 

But even if I do decide not follow pull through with the mods, I will still enjoy my pair greatly for years to come.

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #28,828 of 65,639

Why do you keep both if they are so similar,change one of them for something that is more drastically different.If you going to get rid one of them,which one are you going to keep,out of curiosity?

I plan on selling the PS500e.  I have recently gotten an RS1i and I like it better than either the PS500e or the GH-1, so I may sell the GH-1 as well.  I'd like to end up with 1 set, that being a PS1000 or GS1000i.

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #28,829 of 65,639
@kayandjohn yeah I think if you do a project you should dedicate it with a separate thread. If you add the link for it here and in your signature, we will follow it; I will.

A while ago I was asking which way to upgrade above the 225e. I was scouring threads and had links saved to different pages, for the pages with info I was interested in. Anyway in the end I made my own thread and was glad I did. Other people read it and contribute. http://www.head-fi.org/t/756013/grado-sr225e-owner-sr325e-vs-ps500e-vs-rs2e-which-way-to-upgrade/105#post_11955285

I imagine people will be looking for the specific information you're going to show. I guess they will be happy it's all in one thread.

Nov 2, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #28,830 of 65,639

I plan on selling the PS500e.  I have recently gotten an RS1i and I like it better than either the PS500e or the GH-1, so I may sell the GH-1 as well.  I'd like to end up with 1 set, that being a PS1000 or GS1000i.

I guess we all have different amps,dacs and ears.I spent an hour comparing other brands to RS1e, GS1000e and PS1000 with Antelope silver Dac at B&H store and ended up choosing AKG 812 pro and Grado PS500e.Audeze were too heavy and didn't sound better than AKG to me,also my friend has PS1000 and i came over with 02+odac combo and my PS500e to finally listen to PS1000 and decide if i need them.After listening to jazz,electronic music and some blues and rock i came to conclusion that i'm happy with what i have and ps1000 would not add anything to my headphone collection.Why? Because if we speak only about Grado,then PS500e was a great upgrade for me from 325i but PS1000 sounded more different from the Grado house sound and for that i have other brands that i liked better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back