Grado Fan Club!
Dec 25, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #21,196 of 65,615
mighty quiet on the grado front !

i was listening to the allman brothers "mountain jam" when there was a loud POP ! in the right cup, blew a driver doggonit !!!

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #21,197 of 65,615

i was listening to the allman brothers "mountain jam" when there was a loud POP ! in the right cup, blew a driver doggonit !!!

Was this with the new WA3 with your 325s? Sorry to hear that; must have had the dial past 3 o'clock :)

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #21,198 of 65,615

Wow, that sucks. On the other hand, better the driver than your eardrum....

Dec 25, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #21,200 of 65,615
Was this with the new WA3 with your 325s? Sorry to hear that; must have had the dial past 3 o'clock :)

yes, wa3, no not loud at all,
the pop was pretty loud, it did get my attention ! lol  
eek.gif

i'll send it back to grado, maybe have them change the jack too

Dec 25, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #21,201 of 65,615

eek.gif

The good thing is that Grado does not charge a large amount for repair work, they are very good about that sort of thing.

Sorry to hear that news though, Jay.

Dec 25, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #21,202 of 65,615
  The good thing is that Grado does not charge a large amount for repair work, they are very good about that sort of thing.

Sorry to hear that news though, Jay

thanks, no biggie really, just a hassle 

Dec 25, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #21,203 of 65,615
  Less than 24 hrs before I can see whether the tempting box my wife got me under the tree contains what it says....

Well, I am pleased to report that the box contained what was advertised.  Some on this thread rightly questioned whether my dear Santa Wife would instead commemorate my being naughty, not nice, and perhaps give me some of the well-deserved dirty socks I'd left lying around in the house by popping them into that box!

But... NOPE!  Grado PS1000s!  They are already broken in, have a brown leather Turbulent Labs headband sleeve, and the sound, with my HPA-1 amp and FiiO X3, is Breathtaking!

Initial listening on the lossless albums Jazz At The Pawnshop & Eric Clapton Unplugged takes the features of my very best Grados so far (RS1i and HP1000) and adds more:

1. Soundstage - I really AM amongst the instruments, and I can almost convince myself that the low notes on the left of the piano come from a different spot than the high notes on the right!
  2. Bass - not at all lacking when I use Grado amps with the RS1i and HP1000, but these have MORE!
  3. Microdetail - inner voices, little buzzes and clicks, some from string slap, some from fidgeting audience members (live recording), which are distributed across that larger soundstage.
  4. Comfort - these are the first over-ear Grados that I have had, and though some complain about their weight, I find that I do not notice it, but much appreciate the pressure removed from my ears that the on-ear Grados apply.

Some have stated that the PS1000 is a headphone that will scale up indefinitely with better upstream equipment.  I can certainly believe that!

(Oh, and I've gone and picked up my socks!!!)

These headphones are FANTASTIC!

Dec 25, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #21,204 of 65,615
^^ Congrats ^^     
smile.gif

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #21,207 of 65,615
Santa gave me a pair of the RS1e today. :confused:   So I have two pairs of the RS1e now. :xf_eek:

When I bought my RS1is, I had the good fortune of being at a dealer that had multiple pairs. There was Quite a difference! I chose the brightest.

You might hear a difference between your two. Let us know, and enjoy it! You are Lucky! (I have an RS1i AND and RS1 with no plan to depart from either).

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #21,208 of 65,615

eek.gif

Sorry to hear this Jay.
Look on the upside as I always do…at least you have other HP's to enjoy while your Grados are repaired, and you will something to look forward to when their on there way back after missing them. 
smile.gif

My pair of SR80e are coming in tomorrow. Finally. I've been eagerly awaiting them. Can anyone that has used them give me their opinions?

Congratulations!
I Have the 80i's and their excellent, and a lot of people say the 80e's are even better. 

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #21,209 of 65,615
Sorry to hear this Jay.
Look on the upside as I always do…at least you have other HP's to enjoy while your Grados are repaired, and you will something to look forward to when their on there way back after missing them. :smile:  

Congratulations!
I Have the 80i's and their excellent, and a lot of people say the 80e's are even better. 

Especially with L-Cushions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back