Grado Fan Club!
Dec 24, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #21,166 of 65,621
  Less than 24 hrs before I can see whether the tempting box my wife got me under the tree contains what it says....

She is your wife and a woman, so beware my friend...probably the forces of evil only want to mislead you...
wink.gif

In the end its just a plain old itchy wool jumper with love stitched into every last seam[size=12.8000001907349px] (or perhaps some lingerie)[/size]...but who needs that...they know what we actually want
size]

The possibilities outside of the writing are endless...

Dec 24, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #21,167 of 65,621

She is your wife and a woman, so beware my friend...probably the forces of evil only want to mislead you...
wink.gif

In the end its just a plain old itchy wool jumper with love stitched into every last seam[size=12.8px] (or perhaps some lingerie)[/size]...but who needs that...they know what we actually want
size]

The possibilities outside of the writing are endless...

Well, since those Particular headphones did not appear on the Price List For Wifely Approval (the thing I must get her to gain her approval of my headphones, by model) that she presented me a while ago, you may be right!

Dec 24, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #21,168 of 65,621

Well, since those Particular headphones did not appear on the Price List For Wifely Approval (the thing I must get her to gain her approval of my headphones, by model) that she presented me a while ago, you may be right!

That almost made me fall from my chair! Lol.

Don't forget the amps though...makes you need to add:

to the SLS...

and this:

or ...or both

[size=12.8000001907349px](instead of you) [/size]for a 009 ..

...can't imagine for the abyss...

wives are so demanding these days...

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #21,171 of 65,621
  Congrats!

Thanks whirlwind!

Congrats Joseph69! So how is it?

Thank you!
Right out of  the box they are very, very good sounding which surprised me because as you all know I really like the Grado's.
These are so good with 4hrs listening time that its scary, but of course I need to compare them to my RS1i/PS1K after burn-in…which they already sound burned-in, so whats scary too me is the fact that I can't imagine how there going to sound, but only time will tell .

Congratulations!

Just bought myself a Christmas present: the Mad Ear Purist + HD! 
biggrin.gif
 Finally found one second hand in Europe for a affordable price 
darthsmile.gif

Really looking forward to test them with my Grado RS1i. 

Nice, congratulations and enjoy!

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #21,174 of 65,621
  Happy Holidays and a Healthy New Year too EVERYONE at Head-Fi!!!
beerchug.gif

I second that, and I offer us all the head-fi wish of, no not the best headphone, not a new amp, not even the greatest hi-res recording to have just come out...

no, I wish us all the TIME to peaceably enjoy the music through our respective headphone systems!

May we all find the time to listen!

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #21,175 of 65,621
  and this:

[size=12.8000001907349px](instead of you) [/size]for a 009 ..

...can't imagine for the abyss...

wives are so demanding these days...

instead of me?  INSTEAD OF ME?!

I was wondering how you found that picture of me without any pants to post here!

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #21,178 of 65,621
  you lucky man you. 

Thank you.
Don't know if I'm going to keep them (only due to my 4 pairs of Grado's) but they are already (too my surprise) really great sounding, but I must like them as much as either my RS1i/PS1K to justify keeping them. They do sound very close to Grado's IMO. 
I also would like to try the LCD-X next before making any decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back