Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 2, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #10,111 of 62,483
That Is what is stopping me from buying the sennheiser momentum true wireless. The battery life is too low. They need to release a second gen with more features and battery life.

Have been following this thread for the last week or so and finally gave in (thanks guys and gals..I think) and picked up a pair of the MTWs at BB on my way home today. I've been using a pair of SE425s with the Mee Audio BTX1 cable and couldn't take the dropouts anymore (now I just use them in the office) so I was back to my Shure SE535 wired IEMs. However the more I read this thread, the more I miss having (somewhat) wireless IEMs. Just can't beat wireless for the daily 1 1/2 hour commute. My first pair of TWS and so far I'm impressed witht the sound (did not have high expectations). I did find the bass a bit bloated for my taste but sounds much better after some EQing. Cant wait to test out the connectivity during my commute next week

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #10,112 of 62,483
I did get the Tranya T1 pro and its great for a backup, but really missing that ambient feature. I am considering trying the Galaxy buds - think the only other option for ambient + longer battery is to wait to see what else comes up this year. Thought I would put this out there in case I was missing any other options. Price is really no issue, but if I spend 200+ I want something that is a bit closer to a good fit for me.
Jabees Firefly and Firefly Pro seem promising as budget options for ambient sound - ine should be arriving next week. I did briefly listen to Firefly while at a store in Taiwan. I think it only had SBC or otherwise didn't sound very impressive, but part of this was because I was floored by the Astrotec S60's sound. I can't recall much about the ambient sound's quality though. I've been told the Firefly Pro has a number of improvements but the sound is mostly the same as the original, but you also get a Qi charging case.

Mifo O4 is another option which will have ambient sound as well as Type C and wireless charging.

I find Jabra 65t's ambient sound to work well but it has a tendency to cut or disconnect 20 seconds or so as if it is difficult to keep a constant mic feed. The ambient output is also rather tinny, compared to my MDR-1000X which has a much darker and realistic ambient sound.

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #10,113 of 62,483
Aug 2, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #10,114 of 62,483
When does that review comes out? :p
I'm so tempted to buy one of these but I cant find a good review anywhere
Looks like the fostex is finally available. Any reviews with the stock iems?

Sorry for the lateness. I’ve had them for about 5 weeks. I’m just finalizing the review at the moment. Meanwhile a few preview pix :-
1BDA671F-AF0B-4E45-9438-A17A45C92F40.jpeg F1E3B054-C1F8-463E-8EBC-0AB35AFCCEEA.jpeg
711C224B-5C1D-459D-AE19-8154CE17D2F9.jpeg
The stock driver to me is more neutral sounding than my Jabra 65t (which to me has somewhat of a darker signature with a slight treble roll off), and has fuller mids than the Senn MTWs. I did not get a chance to compare against the MW07 which was a pity. However the fact that I can couple any other IEM of my choice with the TM2 to me is a plus - such as pairing it with my FitEar Titans as seen above.

There’s been numerous other brands and models mentioned here in this thread that I’ve not even heard of, let alone listen to. So can’t comment on those other alternatives.

edited- it turns out i already asked the same question :dt880smile:
Yep, I don’t have the TRN BT20/S

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #10,116 of 62,483
8F01BADF-17DD-4259-B394-DA5CADF97940.jpeg

Aug 3, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #10,117 of 62,483
I don’t know why they don’t get more love. Probably because they are pricey and maybe not available yet? And this has become the Chifi thread. They are excellent. Seriously. If you are on iOS they are a no brainer.
I’ve seen them in stock at Target and WalMart. Seems they aren’t in extreme demand, because I see the same few sitting there every time I’m in there. I think you’re right about the price. They aren’t the only game in town anymore for the typical browsing, non-audiophile consumer, so they need more aggressive pricing.

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #10,122 of 62,483
Jabees Firefly and Firefly Pro seem promising as budget options for ambient sound - ine should be arriving next week. I did briefly listen to Firefly while at a store in Taiwan. I think it only had SBC or otherwise didn't sound very impressive, but part of this was because I was floored by the Astrotec S60's sound. I can't recall much about the ambient sound's quality though. I've been told the Firefly Pro has a number of improvements but the sound is mostly the same as the original, but you also get a Qi charging case.

Mifo O4 is another option which will have ambient sound as well as Type C and wireless charging.
Thanks for the response. The Mifo O4 is not out yet right? I think I'll hold off a bit before ordering anything else.

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #10,123 of 62,483

I would be very interested to hear how you like the Firefly Pros. I looked at them a while back but couldn't find any decent reviews anywhere.

Aug 3, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #10,124 of 62,483
Aug 3, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #10,125 of 62,483
Sorry for the lateness. I’ve had them for about 5 weeks. I’m just finalizing the review at the moment. Meanwhile a few preview pix :-

The stock driver to me is more neutral sounding than my Jabra 65t (which to me has somewhat of a darker signature with a slight treble roll off), and has fuller mids than the Senn MTWs. I did not get a chance to compare against the MW07 which was a pity. However the fact that I can couple any other IEM of my choice with the TM2 to me is a plus - such as pairing it with my FitEar Titans as seen above.

There’s been numerous other brands and models mentioned here in this thread that I’ve not even heard of, let alone listen to. So can’t comment on those other alternatives.

Yep, I don’t have the TRN BT20/S

Looking forward to your thoughts. The TM2's stock driver was a pleasant surprise for me. I planned to use these with other IEMs, but keep sticking to the stock driver so far. It's that good.

On the other hand, ergonomics are a bit of a mixed bag imo. The dirt-cheap TRN BT20's ergonomics beat these in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back