Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 2, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #10,081 of 62,586
Sorry, I pasted the Sony details and it changed the font.

Hmm. Gotta admit I was leaning towards the Sonys. Now to convince myself to get the in ears as opposed to the over ear version...

The over ear has the better ANC, better codec support, much longer battery and can be used wired in a pinch but the in ear is much more portable and cheaper

Aug 2, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #10,083 of 62,586
Aug 2, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #10,085 of 62,586
anyone tried sabbat E12?
yup. I liked everything except the sound. The treble is too muffled and rolled off, the mids are not clear enough, and the bass is muddy in my opinion. I just feel like there is not enough clarity. I prefer the sound of the jlab jbuds air, but even those aren't that great compared to my triple driver wired in ears. I would not recommend them if you are an audiophile.

Aug 2, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #10,087 of 62,586
How many here intend to use tws for critical listening in quiet surroundings ?

For me tws are for commuting, jogging, gym and so on and in those environments I find that outright sq is much less important than the feature set of the tws.

Aug 2, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #10,088 of 62,586
The MTW are good for music and should be getting a firmware update to improve call quality (and case drain issue). If the update is what it's cracked up to be, it may be a compelling option. Presently, however, I would fully recommend the 65t, especially if the calls are business related.
That Is what is stopping me from buying the sennheiser momentum true wireless. The battery life is too low. They need to release a second gen with more features and battery life.

Aug 2, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #10,089 of 62,586

For me tws are for commuting, jogging, gym and so on and in those environments I find that outright sq is much less important than the feature set of the tws.

Totally agree.

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #10,090 of 62,586

For me I use it for music and movies, so better have good SQ. I use mine mostly at home or bike rides. Even if I used it all around I'd still like to hear that sparkle and tight bass. Why pay for something just ok when so many choices with good SQ and chi-fi fills those areas. Sure better quality with wired, but this is a convenience. ✌️

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #10,091 of 62,586

I couldn't agree more. TWS are about convenience first for me. Gym, comutting, walking, errands, TWS work great. But when it's movie time, or listening to music in a quiet environment, I have much better options than any TWS.

I'd love to find a pair of budget TWS that does ambient noise as well. Makes running errands and comutting so much safer.

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #10,092 of 62,586
How does YTOM T1/Wavefun 3 compare to Lypertek Tevi?

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #10,093 of 62,586

Legit "critical listening", no, but I do find myself reaching for one of my TWS' for general recreational listening around the house. Being free of the wires is great, and when it's hot, they're more comfortable than admittedly better sounding wireless over-ears. I can get to an enjoyable baseline with my TWS', so anything beyond that is extra cheese for me.

I still have a lot of wired stuff I like, but hey, I go through phases.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #10,094 of 62,586
Agree with others re noise floor and hiss on the Sony’s. It’s not bad and typical for ANC. Question, how do you turn ANC off in the app? Thanks.

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #10,095 of 62,586

Agreed, my HD650 sounds better but sometimes I still use my Galaxy Buds around the house just because they are convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back