Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 2, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #10,066 of 62,112
i didn't notice any audible hiss on mine with ANC on? tested in my bedroom which was quiet and also the kitchen with the fridge running next to me. ANC was able to block out all of the fridge running noise. then i had the Air fryer running next to me (which is pretty loud) and it didn't block out 100% but i'd say about 80% was blocked off.
with any sort of music playing you'll be able to block out airplane, bus noise easily imo. very impressed with ANC on this.

I hear pretty obvious hiss with mine, but I assumed that was the ANC as I can hear hiss in every ANC headphone I've ever listened to. FWIW the XM3 has the loudest noise floor of any TW IEM I've heard thus far, but again I think that's the ANC.

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #10,067 of 62,112
So. Decided to splurge on a premium set.
It's between the incoming sony
WF-1000XM3
Or seinheisser MTW.
I know the seinheisser are quite a bit more expensive but they are really close atm on Amazon UK due to a current deal.

So. What u guys think?
I'm also open to other suggestions if u think there's anything better out there.
Thanks

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #10,068 of 62,112
How far of is qt2 compared to your TWE?
The QT2 has some stiff competition from my favorite sounding wireless earphones, such as the Mpow T5, Tranya T3 and Tranya T1-Pro. I think the Mpow, for example, sounds more concentrated and offers more balance in the different frequencies - it sounds less congested than the QT2 sometimes can.

By the way - here's my review on the generic 15 dollar XG-13 TWS.

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #10,069 of 62,112
So. Decided to splurge on a premium set.
It's between the incoming sony
WF-1000XM3
Or seinheisser MTW.
I know the seinheisser are quite a bit more expensive but they are really close atm on Amazon UK due to a current deal.

So. What u guys think?
I'm also open to other suggestions if u think there's anything better out there.
Thanks

Firstly, calm down :)

From what it sounds like, they're close in SQ, but the Senn's have better soundstage. I can attest to this. To me, I immediately noticed the soundstage outshone its true wireless form.

Don't have the XM3 yet to compare (waiting for it to come). From what I hear, the Sony's tuning has better balance. What I hate about the Senn is the bass is too prominent. It overwhelms the bottom end. The XM3 is also said to have top-end sparkle. The Senn's kinda drop-off at the top-end (at least to my ears - maybe cuz my ref is the excellent top-end of the IE800S). I'll comment on this when I get the XM3 in. Pre-orders slowly trickling in.

All-in-all, I'm strongly betting that the XM3 will be the better value. Especially considering the ANC. The Senn's are average at best when it comes to noise isolation.

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #10,070 of 62,112
I hear pretty obvious hiss with mine, but I assumed that was the ANC as I can hear hiss in every ANC headphone I've ever listened to. FWIW the XM3 has the loudest noise floor of any TW IEM I've heard thus far, but again I think that's the ANC.

There will always be hiss/white noise with anc active

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #10,071 of 62,112
The Tevi has 10h battery life (60% volume with SBC), and as I posted before, Marco at Lypertek said the following about the similarities with the T5: "Of course not the re-brand for MPOW models. We made the own tooling and tunes the sound by ourselves to meet our requirements. If you have the MPOW model, you can compare the sound by yourself. Then you will know. :)You can see the upper cover of TEVI is unique from the market."
I wonder if these will be on ebay or amazon? I don't want to deal with Ali. Think these will satisfy my needs for a good while if the treble is sparkly and soundstage is good as you said. Anyone else get these Tevi?

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #10,072 of 62,112

From what it sounds like, they're close in SQ, but the Senn's have better soundstage. I can attest to this. To me, I immediately noticed the soundstage outshone its true wireless form.

Don't have the XM3 yet to compare (waiting for it to come). From what I hear, the Sony's tuning has better balance. What I hate about the Senn is the bass is too prominent. It overwhelms the bottom end. The XM3 is also said to have top-end sparkle. The Senn's kinda drop-off at the top-end (at least to my ears - maybe cuz my ref is the excellent top-end of the IE800S). I'll comment on this when I get the XM3 in. Pre-orders slowly trickling in.

All-in-all, I'm strongly betting that the XM3 will be the better value. Especially considering the ANC. The Senn's are average at best when it comes to noise isolation.

Having tried both, the XM3 is definitely the better value. Cheaper, better feature set, better battery life. I preferred the sound quality of the Sennheiser, but the bugs and defective case design (slight movement detached the earbuds from the charging contacts) were a dealbreaker. The only thing I can think that the Sennheisers besides sound quality (and we all know that's subjective) did better was codec support and better touch control design.

FWIW, I don't have the Senns anymore, but based on memory I think the Sony is bassier. I don't know if it's that phat bass or the ANC, but they give me a weird tension headache after listening for more than a few minutes. I think I'm going to return them for this reason.

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #10,073 of 62,112
The Tevi has 10h battery life (60% volume with SBC), and as I posted before, Marco at Lypertek said the following about the similarities with the T5: "Of course not the re-brand for MPOW models. We made the own tooling and tunes the sound by ourselves to meet our requirements. If you have the MPOW model, you can compare the sound by yourself. Then you will know. :)You can see the upper cover of TEVI is unique from the market."

Unfortunately, I can buy two pair of t5's for the cost of one Tevi. So if they ever go on sale I may give them a shot.

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #10,074 of 62,112
Aug 2, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #10,075 of 62,112
I don't know if it's that phat bass or the ANC, but they give me a weird tension headache after listening for more than a few minutes. I think I'm going to return them for this reason.

Oh no, this worries me. I'm sensitive to that. I heard this from another member too. Guess I'll check on the return policy of my retailer (pre-ordered through Focus Camera). Discouraged now :frowning2:

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #10,076 of 62,112
Unfortunately, I can buy two pair of t5's for the cost of one Tevi. So if they ever go on sale I may give them a shot.
I'm waiting myself. I hope they are more widely available. I want the T5 myself. BUDGET.

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #10,077 of 62,112
Oh no, this worries me. I'm sensitive to that. I heard this from another member too. Guess I'll check on the return policy of my retailer (pre-ordered through Focus Camera). Discouraged now :frowning2:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It could also be the fit (fairly deep-insertion compared to most TW models) but I haven't seen many other complaints. FWIW I also find I can't use my wife's Bose QC35 II with ANC at all because it immediately pressurizes my ears to an uncomfortable degree. I feel a bit of pressure with the XM3s, but it's more than tolerable at first. It's longer term listening where I seem to get fatigued.

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #10,078 of 62,112
I wouldn't worry about it too much. It could also be the fit (fairly deep-insertion compared to most TW models) but I haven't seen many other complaints. FWIW I also find I can't use my wife's Bose QC35 II with ANC at all because it immediately pressurizes my ears to an uncomfortable degree. I feel a bit of pressure with the XM3s, but it's more than tolerable at first. It's longer term listening where I seem to get fatigued.
I experienced this and am sensitive to it as well. It bothered me more sitting down at my desk but when I moved around at the gym, I didn't get the effect as much.

Aug 2, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #10,079 of 62,112
What about with ANC off? And on the subject, how's the SQ compared to it on? Is it significant? I don't care if it reduces bass a tad.

Aug 2, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #10,080 of 62,112

Sorry, I pasted the Sony details and it changed the font.

Hmm. Gotta admit I was leaning towards the Sonys. Now to convince myself to get the in ears as opposed to the over ear version...

I should point out that my current earphones are Shure E425s and Beyerdynamic Dt990 Pro 250Ohm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back