++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Mar 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #25,582 of 29,490
I need some recommendations on headphones in the <$70 range I listen mainly to Rock, metal, classical, and instrumental music. I might use them for a little bit of audio mixing or gaming so maybe a decent soundstage would be nice. I like a good flat response. I really liked my JVC flats because of that kind of sound. Portability might factor into this since I'll probably be wearing them everyday. I have been looking at JVC HARX700, Monoprice 8323, Beyerdynamic DT235, and the Koss Pro DJ 100.

Mar 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #25,583 of 29,490
Quote:
I need some recommendations on headphones in the <$70 range I listen mainly to Rock, metal, classical, and instrumental music. I might use them for a little bit of audio mixing or gaming so maybe a decent soundstage would be nice. I like a good flat response. I really liked my JVC flats because of that kind of sound. Portability might factor into this since I'll probably be wearing them everyday. I have been looking at JVC HARX700, Monoprice 8323, Beyerdynamic DT235, and the Koss Pro DJ 100.

like opens? MS1 Grados are good ones for those music genres :)

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #25,584 of 29,490
Hello Head-fi. I'm looking to buy some new headphones, but I'm not sure what some good options are. I'm looking to spend under 100. I listen to indie and alternative rock, so I like to hear acoustic and vocals, but I still like bass. So basically, I don't want an overpowering bass. I would like some that are somewhat stylish, though honestly I'll take sound quality over style any day.

Thanks,

jakewilson1

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #25,586 of 29,490
Quote:

Up your budget $10 and get the CAL!, which does not need an amp.  The Koss very likely will, depending on exactly what you have that is driving it and what volume you want to achieve.

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #25,588 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:

like opens? MS1 Grados are good ones for those music genres :)

Good cans but at $30 or more over budget.

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #25,589 of 29,490
Quote:
Hello Head-fi. I'm looking to buy some new headphones, but I'm not sure what some good options are. I'm looking to spend under 100. I listen to indie and alternative rock, so I like to hear acoustic and vocals, but I still like bass. So basically, I don't want an overpowering bass. I would like some that are somewhat stylish, though honestly I'll take sound quality over style any day.

Thanks,

jakewilson1

CAL!  About their only downside is that they are not made for punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back