++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #24,781 of 29,490
Quote:
I've never said anything about sound stage. I think I don't like the mid bass hump of 650 (nor the price compared to others) and also that they will all be comfortable or so I've read. I tend to adjust to everything. But still, I think you might be right on your main point. I'm maybe hoping for a steer in the right direction and advice if I should rule out something or consider something else. Maybe I just need to read more reviews... If only there was a way to audition all these.

The K702 annies cost way more than the original or Q even so that is way out of league. If you see this graph: http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID%5B0%5D=963&graphID%5B1%5D=3571&graphID%5B2%5D=2931&graphID%5B3%5D=853&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Compare+Headphones
It looks like the Beyers have the flattest base so wouldn't this be optimal (if you wanna amp them up)? Then again the 550s have the most bass from the low end upwards but an awkward looking high-end.

If you disregard all other qualities but clarity, liveliness and detail is there one above the others? Also, can the FiiO amp drive the Q701s ok?

Just for all who don't know what I'm talking about but would like to give their 2 cents I'm considering: Q701, K55X and DT880 as the main competitors now.

i ithink the akgs are slightly clearer than the 880....
and between the two akgs, u hv to decide whether u want a closed or open can.
closed can for privacy :p

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #24,782 of 29,490
Quote:
I don't think that such a thing exists, absent a closeout sale.  You can get an OK semi-open can within your budget, but it won't be sturdy.

Which semi open cans are you thinking of? By "sturdy" I meant the cable.

Is there an easy way to replace the cable on my KSC75?

I have a pair of Philips SPH8500 that sound good, BUT they creak whenever you move your head(even slightly). Is there anything I can do about that?

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #24,783 of 29,490
WHAT HEADPHONES SHOULD I GET

Headphones for hip hop, metal, rock and some electronic

Im new here and need some help :)

Iam looking into getting headphones for portable use eg. on the train
I also want to use it for when Im studying and doing school work!

My budget is 150-200, max 250

his includes headphones and cables + amp if needed

I DONT CARE ABOUT LOOKS !

but if they look good id be happy :)

I listen mainly to old school sampled boom bap hip hop, some metal and a little bit of electronic and rock.

favourite artists are wu tang, kendrick lamar, big l, metalica, oasis and of course J DILLA

I have been told that vmoda's are good, are they ?

I currently have sienheiser 280 pros for music production and want other headphones for listening purposes

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #24,784 of 29,490
Quote:

this includes headphones and cables + amp if needed

I listen mainly to old school sampled boom bap hip hop, some metal and a little bit of electronic and rock

I currently have sienheiser 280 pros for music production and want other headphones for listening purposes

I'd get the V-Moda M100 - I think their sound signature would suit your music tastes quite well.

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #24,785 of 29,490
thank you dryvadeum
the v moda m100 looks great are they the same as the crossfade.

I trust the brand as I have tested one pair of there headphones :)

btw I want to have options are there any other headphones you could recomend so I can test the difference

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #24,786 of 29,490
Hey everyone, I've decided it is finally time to buy myself a new pair of headphones, but I'm unsure of what I should get...
I'm willing to spend up to $360 (price for the Sennheiser HD650s).

Here's what I'm looking for:
  1. A pair of headphones designed for studio/home use
  2. Preferably open headphones, but I don't mind if they're closed/semi-open either
  3. Looking to use the headphones with my Asus Xonar Essence STX soundcard
  4. Headphones that will work nicely with EDM/House Music
  5. No emphasized bass
  6. Used for monitoring/listening to music/gaming

I've researched the topic thoroughly, but I haven't yet come up with a decision. Ideas please?

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #24,787 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think that such a thing exists, absent a closeout sale.  You can get an OK semi-open can within your budget, but it won't be sturdy.

Which semi open cans are you thinking of? By "sturdy" I meant the cable.

Is there an easy way to replace the cable on my KSC75?

I have a pair of Philips SPH8500 that sound good, BUT they creak whenever you move your head(even slightly). Is there anything I can do about that?

At $30 for a full sized can, you're talking about the lowest rung of the entry level.  See the buying guides linked in the opening post of this thread.  I was thinking of the Superlux HD 681 Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones.

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #24,789 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
At $30 for a full sized can, you're talking about the lowest rung of the entry level.  See the buying guides linked in the opening post of this thread.  I was thinking of the Superlux HD 681 Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones.

Thanks. Actually I said $40.

Still not quite enough to get you to the Superlux HD668B Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones.

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #24,790 of 29,490
Quote:
thank you dryvadeum

btw I want to have options are there any other headphones you could recomend so I can test the difference

I'm not sure how the M100's compare to the Crossfade's. I doubt you can go wrong with them though based on everything I've read about them.

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #24,791 of 29,490
Quote:

his includes headphones and cables + amp if needed

I DONT CARE ABOUT LOOKS !

but if they look good id be happy :)

I listen mainly to old school sampled boom bap hip hop, some metal and a little bit of electronic and rock.

favourite artists are wu tang, kendrick lamar, big l, metalica, oasis and of course J DILLA

Quote:
thank you dryvadeum

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that's a basshead headphone plus its $300, RZA or Dilla will never approve this, get a dt770 or custom one pro

Feb 16, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #24,792 of 29,490
My budget is now $50 for headphones, for movies only. I want "open" or "semi open", comfortable for 2 hour or longer movies. I'm thinking of the following 3. Which would be best for movies(plugged into my A/V receiver)? Which would be most comfortable? Which would have the largest space for ears? thanks.

1) Superlux HD681

2) Superlux HD668

3) Samson SR850

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #24,793 of 29,490
I just recently (today... few minutes ago) purchased a set of Ultrasone Pro 900's off of EBay (I got a really good deal.) I have heard that they are an amazing set for what they do, (and that they do it very well) my only question is, what Amp/DAC should I get? Has anyone on here owned a pair of Pro 900's? My source is going to be a Zune HD for portable use, and a Laptop with an internal sound card for more of my desktop activities. I have heard so many different views on which DAC/Amp combo to get, and I am not looking to spend too much more than $100 on a DAC. I hear good things about the E07k and the E17, but that is a big price difference (on Amazon) and I was wondering if it would really make that big of a difference which one I got.

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #24,794 of 29,490
Want full-size headphones that don't leak (a lot) of sound
Budget is up to £130 British Sterling.
Listen to mainly bass-heavy music (EDM, dubstep etc.) but with the odd k-pop/pop, rock, violin thrown in there (Lindsey Stirling who is fantastic might I add)
Comfort is massively important. M-Audio Q40s gripped my jaw like a vice grip and absolutely killed the left side of my jaw. DT770 Pro 80s were comfortable after a bit of stretching but the sound to me sounded a bit..distant. I have a pretty big head/ears and I wear glasses.

Any suggestions guys? Looking to buy something online today/tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back