++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Aug 16, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #18,046 of 29,490
Quote:
I know that Beats by Dre are not highly thought of, but what about Soul by Ludacris headphones?  I have seen a few reviews that consider the Soul SL150 competitive with similar headphones from other companies.

of all the celebrity headphones...the SL150 is definitely one of the better ones... ...still not exactly a good headphone tho haha

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #18,047 of 29,490
Quote:
What would have a higher chance of helping me score a date, the 598s, M50s, or Uptowns? Other recommendations are okay too.

Bro, if you on here it's safe to say you'll never get a date 
tongue_smile.gif

haha, just kiding. Um, personally id take the uptowns. They're kool looking. Solid sound. Im sorry but if i hear m50 one more time i  think im going to hurl. And senns...mm..man idk.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #18,048 of 29,490
So, im gonna be rather sappy here but what ever. I'd like to thank everyone, and by everyone i mean bixby, for their help in my headphone decision. I went with the HD 600. FOund them used for $240 like new. So im rather excited. Thanks again.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #18,049 of 29,490
Hey everyone,

Been having a difficult time choosing between the KNS 8400 and SRH 840 because I've been reading reviews about both of them. And sometimes the opinions can be very opposing and almost contradicting one another. For example, a few have commented that the KRKs bass is decent while another says they are very light. (Also worth mentioning, the not so strong isolation on these headphones as well.) On the other hand, one has also mentioned that the Shure's have a mid-bass hump making the bass sometimes sound more than they are laid out on the recording. And so, I'm not sure which direction to go on this.

On another note, would IEMs be better for me? (I have yet to get used to the feeling of them in my ear...)

Edit: From what I've read so far, is it safe to say that the Shure's are a neutral/balanced headphone that have a little more of a colored bass? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #18,050 of 29,490
I know that Beats by Dre are not highly thought of, but what about Soul by Ludacris headphones?  I have seen a few reviews that consider the Soul SL150 competitive with similar headphones from other companies.

I heard them both next to each other same thing. They did just release a wholew new lineup they look allot tougher and nicer.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #18,052 of 29,490
Quote:
A clash of Neutrality... 

Brainwavz HM5 vs Sony MDR ZX700 vs Shure SRH 440

they all are considerably neutral headphones and roughly in the same price bracket.. Has anyone ever compared them? which one is a better value for what they worth? looking for a neutral sounding cans. tried the SRH440 it's nice sounding, nice energy, and dry.. but never heard of the other two...

cheers,

They're all good--or better than good.  In large part selection among them will turn on price, intended use and other preferences such as size and/or need for detachable cable.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #18,054 of 29,490
Quote:
The m50 are built to be moniters their bass response is minimal.
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

The part about the bass response of M50 as being "minimal" is flat out incorrect.  While it is true that the enhanced level of bass of the M50 does not put them into true basshead territory, it makes them popular among many who prefer a bass heavy sound.  Their bass is a long way from neutral--and clearly not on the recessed side of the line.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #18,057 of 29,490
Hello Head-Fiers, I've been looking at the Panasonic HTF-600s for a while now beacuse I'm interested in a nice bassy (yet clear) sounding pair of over-ears. I listen to Alot of electronic music like Porter Robinson and Knife Party so I really like that low vibrating sub bass. Are the 600s the right choice? or is there something better. My budget is very limited so the cheaper the the better. Let me know what you think.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #18,059 of 29,490
Quote:
Hello Head-Fiers, I've been looking at the Panasonic HTF-600s for a while now beacuse I'm interested in a nice bassy (yet clear) sounding pair of over-ears. I listen to Alot of electronic music like Porter Robinson and Knife Party so I really like that low vibrating sub bass. Are the 600s the right choice? or is there something better. My budget is very limited so the cheaper the the better. Let me know what you think.

The HTF600 is a great choice as long as you don't mind some sound leaking out as they aren't true closed headphones. For the budget bass lover these are one of, if not, the best If you get these, look up some of the mods which will further improve the sound. A must is the paper towel mod which is done in about 30 seconds and can be undone even quicker. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #18,060 of 29,490
Hello there Head-fi! Im not sure what I want anymore and I need your help.
I listen to electronic and other bass heavy music religiously.its seems like your ears get 'used' to the bass and it loses its wow factor overtime. So I was thinking getting another set of bassy headphones would be pointless since my ears will get used to the bass either way. Any one else feel that way?   

I have been looking at these headphones:

-Beyerdynamics Dt 880 250ohms (whats the difference between the pro and the regular one?)
-Senheisser HD600 and the HD650
(amped w/my Fiio E10 or should I upgrade and sell my fiio?)

Question is, how do these headphones sound with EDM music? I know its not popular to recommend these headphones for that particular genre, but figured it wouldn't matter as long as you can hear all the lower bass notes. 

ps. feel free to recommend me other headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back