++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Jun 13, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #15,436 of 29,490
The 750 requires an amp.  It will play loud enough without one, but almost all of its bass will go missing.  If you like the 750 and will not amp, get the Ultrasone HiFi 780, which has a similar sound signature and is much better and more balanced than any offering from "The Dark Side of the Force".

Would the FiiO E11 be good enough for these?

Jun 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #15,438 of 29,490
Quote:
Which out of the HTF600, S850, HD668B and the JVC HARX700 would be the best?
I'll be buying from amazon.co.uk, they're all around the £30 price range and to be honest dont want to spend much more than that as they'll be my first set of cans.
Will be used mostly at home for pretty much most things TV, Movies, Music would be mix of everything but would be mostly be Electronica and Hip Hop and maybe the very odd bit of gaming.
Which would suit my needs the best?? Or are there any others in that price range?

I would get the Samson SR850.
In the future you can get Velour ear pads for them, the AKG K240/241/271 Velour ear pads fit the SR850.
I got my Velours from Thomann.
The Panasonic RP-HTF600-S are nice sounded headphones, but thin plastic.

Jun 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #15,439 of 29,490
Made a Thread, hope it is okay to post here, Though.

--------
Hello, I am looking for a good neutral type of headphones. Planning on using them for 50% Gaming and 50% Media. Media includes music, videos, movies and the like. Gaming just being good sound and hearing things, being emersed or just having fun with it. My budget is $125 - $150, I can go over it a little bit but I would PREFER not to. These will be my first headphones, ever, so here is some idea I am looking for. Doubt if I will use an amplifier. Mainly, due to the extra cost. So not really wanting some that will cost to much just to power. Does not need to be open or closed. I am building a new computer, so this is all going together, so if I can save money for good sound in any way, any suggestions are helpful. Thinking of putting these with the ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1, unless the motherboard sound is just fine. Also, I am not a basshead, so do not want to pound my brain to nothing. One other thing, would like a headphone that I could atleast listen to a MP3 Player with.
------------------------------------
Site To Buy From:  Amazon.com or Newegg.com

Durability: I want a long lasting type of headphones. Meaning that if I drop them, or they fall off the desk they are okay. Pretty tough in general.

Comfort: Planning on using these for hours. So I do not want something that is uncomfortable. Clamping force is a problem to, because I need to start wearing glasses.  Plus, I don't want a pair of head phones that is trying to squish my head like a pancake. Sweat?

Sound: Looking for a pretty neutral sound, hoping for non-fatiguing sounds. Decent all around sounds, hoping for sound/bass that is not so loud that it would give me a headache. Not planning on "analyzing" the sound, just wanting to enjoy it.

Note: I plan on using Amazon.com and Newegg.com, so any headphones not from there, sorry.  Planning to put the Antlion Modmic [maybe] on the side so hoping for a surface where I can stick it on easily. I really do not want to have to use an AMP. May buy a sound card.As for Open, Closed, etc, does not really matter as long as I can have fun with them. Hopefully, the burn-in is not totally required but if it gets better after listening to them. I am happy.
Games That I Plan On Playing: MMO's/MMOFPS/FPS/MMORPGS, Guild Wars 2, MW3, Skyrim, etc.
Music: All kinds. Such as Acoustic. Basically everything. Just a small list: Labrinth, Avicii - Levels, Jessi J, Taio Cruz, Selena Gomez & The Scene, Adele, David Guetta, Maroon 5, Coldplay, etc.

Thinking about: Randomly picked these by the way.

Philips CitiScape Downtown - $99.99  Same thing as the uptown, I believe.
---------
Philips CitiScape Uptown - $149.99  The microphone and volume adjuster is supposed to mess the sound up though. I believe the same is for the Downtown.
---------
AKG K121 - $89.99 No idea about these.
---------
Creative Aurvana Live! - $99.99 Not sure about the build quality. Plus, they were cheaper.
---------
Denon Professional Dj Headphones Closed Dynamc - $67.85
---------
Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Stereo Headphones - $68.65 No information.
---------
Beyerdynamic DTX 910 Stereo Headphones - $89.00 No information.
---------
AKG K 271 MK II  - $140.00 Not much information, concerned about sound and comfort. I think I got the right headphones.
---------
KRK KNS6400 -  $100.00 No real clue.
---------
Brainwavz HM3 - $55.00 Again, no idea. Seems to have a neautral sound and good comfort?
---------
ATH-T400 - $51.00 ??
---------
Kicker HP541 - $51.00 ?? Considering these, from a review I read they are pretty good. Worried about comfort. Also might put the Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions
on them. That would put it around $70.00 or so, would it be worth it?
---------
Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ - $29.49 ?? I believe these are basically the same as above. Worried about comfort. Seems the "cups" that go around the ears look  smaller than the Kicker HP541. Also read that the pads get really hot.
---------
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S - $59.99 ??? Still putting down budget headphones.
---------
Samson SR850 - $49.95 Lack of information on my part. Worried about comfort, etc.
---------
Sony MDR-V55 DJ Style - $99.95 Looks extrememly nice.
---------
Sony MDR-ZX600 - $79.99 Hmm?
---------
Ultrasone DJ1 S-Logic - $115.00 Worried about comfort and sound, just putting out alot of options.
---------
SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full-Size Gaming Headset - $77.99 Just adding more stuff.
---------
SteelSeries Flux - Not even out yet, I think. Looks nice and comfortable.
---------
Superlux HD668B -  $50.00 Worried about comfort and quality. Sound as well. Could I put some other pads on them? Such as the AKG Velour Pads? Can not find them on Amazon though. Any other pads work? Doubt i will get it, though. Or would they be okay without them?
---------
Grado Prestige SR60i + Ear Pad Foam Cushions - $91.00 Comfort and Sound issue.
---------
Alessandro MS1 - No idea where to find these. Are these Grado Sr80i's with a different name?

Jun 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #15,440 of 29,490
Quote:
Made a Thread, hope it is okay to post here, Though.

--------
Hello, ...

Have you seen this, which is linked from the first post on this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-6-10-2012-ultrasone-pro-2900-added-many-edits      ?

Jun 14, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #15,442 of 29,490
Quote:
Any comparisons between the Porta Pros are the Sporta Pros?

I've read the Sportas have more bass because of the stronger clamping force... is this true, or an effect induced by slower decay? Or both?

Are the Sportas headbands plastic or metal? 

I'd prefer the one with more prominent mids, softer bass and treble. But if the difference is almost unnoticeable by ear, I'd go for the Sportas for the price and  design. To me the Sportas are more visually relaxing than the bold Portas.

+The measurements of the two at Headroom imply (to mine eyes) that the Sportas, in fact, have a tad less bass. Boy, is it hard to make a decision! haha

날위해 bump to the universe.

edit= It's hard to be read in a busy thread like this. Thanks, KC Jag, though. I'll take your advice.

Jun 14, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #15,445 of 29,490
Bought a Odac amp/dac combo.

should i buy HD650, HD598 or K601 for it ?

listening mainly to cpop, jpop, kpop, ballad, female voice.
using my laptop.

i want the best sound for the genre and out of my odac

Jun 14, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #15,446 of 29,490
Could someone help me choose ~70€ headphones for music and gaming? Music first, gaming second! There is just too much information when trying to decide myself, also I'm not an expert in these things
redface.gif

Jun 14, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #15,447 of 29,490
Quote:
Could someone help me choose ~70€ headphones for music and gaming? Music first, gaming second! There is just too much information when trying to decide myself, also I'm not an expert in these things
redface.gif

Dont really think there is much good in that budget. Samson or the Superlux HD668B will be your only options realistically

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #15,448 of 29,490
Quote:
I just got an HTC One X and it has "Beats Audio" and I know that beats are horribly over-priced 

I listen to mp3's , I know serious music guys listen to a higher quality file ? what is it called ? how do I convert ?

Also I listen to mainly Trance, Techo, and Hip-hop. The only time Listen to music is at the gym with my phone.

I was looking at the Audio Technica ATH-M50 , someone also recommended the Sony MDR-XB500. 

I'm looking to spend 50-150 dollar range 

I have only heard the Sony MDR XB500: It has more bass than any other earphone I've heard, and smooth treble that doesn't extend terribly well. From reading and frequency response graphs, the M50 will not have the same levels of bass, but will have additional treble. The XB500 is like a \ shaped response with tons of bass, and less treble (not as extreme as the backslash though,) and the M50 is more ov a V shape, with extra bass and treble, (though not as much bass,) and a bit less midrange compared to the two ends of the spectrum.

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #15,449 of 29,490
"Originally Posted by sunjigglet 

Any comparisons between the Porta Pros are the Sporta Pros?

I've read the Sportas have more bass because of the stronger clamping force... is this true, or an effect induced by slower decay? Or both?

Are the Sportas headbands plastic or metal? 

I'd prefer the one with more prominent mids, softer bass and treble. But if the difference is almost unnoticeable by ear, I'd go for the Sportas for the price and  design. To me the Sportas are more visually relaxing than the bold Portas.

+The measurements of the two at Headroom imply (to mine eyes) that the Sportas, in fact, have a tad less bass. Boy, is it hard to make a decision! haha"

Quote:
날위해 bump to the universe.

edit= It's hard to be read in a busy thread like this. Thanks, KC Jag, though. I'll take your advice.

I was recommended the PortaPro by a personal friend whom I don't think was on headfi. He was into music and video production, and had a relative who was an audiophile. He told me that if I wanted new headphones better than most others around $100, to get the PortaPro, and said make sure it's the one with the 'wings' on it. I take this to mean not the SportaPro, which from a review I read before purchasing the PortaPro, said that when the bass was heavy, there was some driver flutter, which may be due to the air not being able to escape from the plastic housing well enough with the closed design.

A closed design will also suffer from worse soundstage, so I would personally suggest the PortaPro. It's band is metal, the sound will not distort as much, sound stage is better, and personally, I think the look is much more professional as well.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #15,450 of 29,490
Hi...sorry to include my self with an Bose...I know what you almost all of you thinking...but , I am going to buy the Sennheiser HD25-1 ii in short time, so my only question is :
My Bose OE have a good bass in my opinion; How will HD25 will perform in comparison with my actual Bose??
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back