++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
May 24, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #14,896 of 29,490
Quote:
Got the Ultrasone DJ1's, but they are too harsh. I want a circumaural closed bass heavy headset with a warm sound, an upgrade from the HTF600's , what can i get within 250 USD, or do i need to spend more?

So what do you guys recommend for a bassy warm musical sound? I am looking at open back headphones as well, but i don't know if they will have the bass impact i am looking for.

May 24, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #14,902 of 29,490
Okay,
so I auditioned the sennheiser hd25-1-II today after class. I was pretty much sold as soon as I heard them.
They are great sounding headphones. Does anyone know anything about the sennheiser amperiors? are they just a new look for these headphones or will they sound different?

Maybe somewhere to get the hd25-1-II cheaper in Australia?

Thanks for all the help.

May 24, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #14,903 of 29,490
Hello, guys! A newbie noob here! I'm certainly not an audiophile, yet, but I sure do hope to be someday. I've been lurking around the forum for quite some months, and have finally gathered courage to ask a question.

So, here's the scenario. I got a Galaxy Note, and Indian customers are being offered a cool freebie.
With every Galaxy Note, you get 3 free options:

1 - Sennheiser PX 100 II (Though I hate their design. I want full-sized as they're supposed to have better sound quality. So I don't even consider this choice.)

2 - Sennheiser HD 205 II (Here's where the confusion starts. Should I get this one?)

3 - Sennheiser HD 419 (Or this one?)

I'd like to go for superb, punchy bass without sacrificing mids and lows. Which of the last 2 is the better option for me? Thanks!  
dt880smile.png

May 24, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #14,904 of 29,490
Quote:
Okay,
so I auditioned the sennheiser hd25-1-II today after class. I was pretty much sold as soon as I heard them.
They are great sounding headphones. Does anyone know anything about the sennheiser amperiors? are they just a new look for these headphones or will they sound different?

Maybe somewhere to get the hd25-1-II cheaper in Australia?

Thanks for all the help.

The Amperior's a little bit better sounding according to Tyll.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/most-excellent-sennheiser-amperior-and-hd-25-1-ii

May 24, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #14,905 of 29,490
May 24, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #14,906 of 29,490
Hello, guys! A newbie noob here! I'm certainly not an audiophile, yet, but I sure do hope to be someday. I've been lurking around the forum for quite some months, and have finally gathered courage to ask a question.

So, here's the scenario. I got a Galaxy Note, and Indian customers are being offered a cool freebie.
With every Galaxy Note, you get 3 free options:

1 - Sennheiser PX 100 II (Though I hate their design. I want full-sized as they're supposed to have better sound quality. So I don't even consider this choice.)

2 - Sennheiser HD 205 II (Here's where the confusion starts. Should I get this one?)

3 - Sennheiser HD 419 (Or this one?)

I'd like to go for superb, punchy bass without sacrificing mids and lows. Which of the last 2 is the better option for me? Thanks!  
dt880smile.png

I had the 205s, Arg nasty, sibilant and only suited for electronic music

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

May 24, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #14,907 of 29,490
For any of those that have the HE-500....

I received my pair of HE-500's a few days ago, and so far they haven't quite lived up to my expectations. They actually sound a little weird. I'm wondering if something is wrong with them, or my setup. I have them connected to a little dot mkiii. The gain is set at 5. The first thing I noticed about them is that they give me a weird feeling in my ears...almost as if I'm wearing a pair of open headphones with my hands over the cups--a muffled sound/feel.

I'm comparing them to a pair of HD600's, and if this is truly how the hifiman's sound, then I'm going to stick with the HD600's. 

May 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #14,908 of 29,490
Quote:
For any of those that have the HE-500....

I received my pair of HE-500's a few days ago, and so far they haven't quite lived up to my expectations. They actually sound a little weird. I'm wondering if something is wrong with them, or my setup. I have them connected to a little dot mkiii. The gain is set at 5. The first thing I noticed about them is that they give me a weird feeling in my ears...almost as if I'm wearing a pair of open headphones with my hands over the cups--a muffled sound/feel.

I'm comparing them to a pair of HD600's, and if this is truly how the hifiman's sound, then I'm going to stick with the HD600's. 

I have a pair of HD600 coming in the mails (should be friday) and the HE-500. Give the HE-500s a little time to break in and get used to the sound, it took me a little.

May 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #14,909 of 29,490
Quote:

Maybe the Ultrasone HiFi 780, KRK KNS 8400 or Shure SRH 840.

thanks again for the help :)

in the end I decided on and went to order a pair of Brainwavz HM5 after a lot of research and comparisons to suggestions and actually lucked out as I got them for a 3rd of the price of any suggestions because prices are weird in the UK for headphones :p

thanks for your suggestions :D

May 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #14,910 of 29,490
It sounds like there are layers of sound missing from the hifiman he500's that I can hear in the HD600's though. Also, overall I am honestly just amazed at how lackluster these headphones sound right now...not only do all the reviews suggest that they are god's gift to the headphone world, but they are also 700 bucks. This was also the first pair of orthodynamic headphones I ever got a chance to listen to, so I was really excited to hear this "unique" sound that I hear everyone talking about. Unless my setup isn't doing them justice, I can confidently say that the HD600's blow them out of the water. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back