++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Mar 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #1,891 of 29,490
wanting to get SR325i from Grado, i like headphones with enough bass, not overwhelming but punchy and i know is there, and i like the high be nice, not too crystal clear, but feels warm and not noise, wanted to feel the mid and doesnt want it to sound too far.
and its for my cowon j3, so is SR325i right for me?

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #1,892 of 29,490

Quote:
wanting to get SR325i from Grado, i like headphones with enough bass, not overwhelming but punchy and i know is there, and i like the high be nice, not too crystal clear, but feels warm and not noise, wanted to feel the mid and doesnt want it to sound too far.
and its for my cowon j3, so is SR325i right for me?

The 325i are not "warm" by any means.

Mar 3, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #1,893 of 29,490
hi, first post.

first off price range ~ $150. i know that gives me a ton of options.
i've been looking at the usuals, m50s or srh840 or hd595 but i really can't decide and i'm pretty new at this so maybe some people will be able to shed some light or recommendations/tips/hints are welcome

i listen to mostly alternative rock but i also do enjoy classical and jazz.
i've had a couple IEM's but haven't had any decent pair of headphones. i've had the se420's and the turbines but i like the crispness of the shures better.

also, should i skip this range all together and go straight for a ~$220 pair if i don't think i'm going to be buying a new pair anytime soon.

and i don't think i'll be buying an amp, so something that is easy to drive
thanks.

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #1,895 of 29,490
Are the Ultrasone PRO 2500's considerably better than the HFI 2200's?
They are similarly priced but the 2200's look nicer in terms of aesthetics. But obviously if the sound quality of the 2500's is a lot higher I would prefer them.

Any advice? Thanks

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #1,896 of 29,490
Hi guys, I have a short question here. I'm considering buying the K701 but I've heard they have little bass. Could somebody tell me which the equivalents to this hp are in the other brands? Like Denon, AT, Senn, Beyerdynamic, etc. So i can look for reviews and then choose?

Thanks in advance

Mar 3, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #1,899 of 29,490

Quote:
Are the Ultrasone PRO 2500's considerably better than the HFI 2200's?
They are similarly priced but the 2200's look nicer in terms of aesthetics. But obviously if the sound quality of the 2500's is a lot higher I would prefer them.

Any advice? Thanks

In the grand scheme of things, it won't be a huge difference. I believe the Pro series are slightly flatter in response while the HFI are sloped a bit towards the bass, but I haven't heard those two specific models so can't say for certain.

Quote:
Hi guys, I have a short question here. I'm considering buying the K701 but I've heard they have little bass. Could somebody tell me which the equivalents to this hp are in the other brands? Like Denon, AT, Senn, Beyerdynamic, etc. So i can look for reviews and then choose?

Thanks in advance

Do you want "equivalent" in terms of being a flagship or in terms of price? The K701 is their current top of the line (or the Q701 is, but that's a debatable topic) but is quite cheap compared to the top range Denons, AT, Senns and Beyers which can all have you scratching into the 4-digit range.

For consideration, look at the: Sennheiser HD600, ATH-ESW9 or A900 or AD900, Beyer DT 770/880/990, Denon D2000

Quote:

thanks for the reply,
are these headphones easy to drive? - will they sound great even straight from a laptop?

Audio Technicas are typically very easy to drive and you should have no problem driving them from a laptop.

Mar 3, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #1,900 of 29,490
Does anyone know where I'd be able to buy HD600s so they'll ship to Canada?

There's a store through ebay.com that has them for under $300 shipped (US) but they won't ship to canada. Anywhere that'll ship here for that same price?

Mar 3, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #1,903 of 29,490
First time poster. My Razer Carcharias recently died, so I am in need for some new headphones. This will be my first time purchasing audiophile headphones. I live in Central Alberta, Canada, finding retailers in my area will be kinda so hard, so I will most likely be purchasing them online. I don't consider myself a bass head, so heavy bass is not necessarily needed. I do want a pair of cans that have a decent kick to them.

Guidelines/Info
  1. $120 budget
  2. No Amp required
  3. Closed or open, does not matter as I will be using these at home.
  4. I mainly listen to Electronic, house, Electrohouse, Dubstep, Drum n Base, Trance, Pop, R&B and occasionally rock. Artists include: Deadmau5, Tiesto, Boyz Noize,  Skrillex, Nero, Usher and allsorts of kpop artists.
  5. I occasionally watch movies on my computer (HD movies if that really matters). I also play games on my pc(CS:S,LoL,TF2,Minecraft) 
  6. Currently using the sound card(Supreme FX) that came with my mobo (ASUS P5N32-E Sli)
Headphones
This is a list of headphones that caught my interest.
  1. Shure SRH440. I have read mixed reviews on the bass. I hear they don't have the 'umpf' if you will.
  2. Denon AH-1100.
  3. Sennheiser HD555. Read many reviews praising the HD555 for its sound quality for its price. Great for first audiophile cans
  4. Audio-Technica M50

I am open to any suggestions and peoples thought on headphones. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back