++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Feb 18, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #12,227 of 29,490
Hi,

HD598 vs Shure SRH 940? I will be listening to just music (not electro) and playing the piano/midi keyboard. Sources will be Galaxy S/Laptop + Fiio E5.

I own: PX-80, Panasonics HTX7 and Etys MC5 (I hate them).

Sens are around 280 usd and Shure 230 usd. I really like the 598 looks, Shure seems so much DJs.

Thanks!

Feb 18, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #12,228 of 29,490

Quote:
I've got ATH A500s at the moment and am looking to get an upgrade. I listen primarily to EDM (trance, house, dnb, etc.), but also dab into a bit of rock. So far the options I've been considering have been:
Denon AHD2000
Ultrasone HFI 580/780
I'm not sure which I should go with. The Ultrasones I can get for about ~$150, and the Denons ~$200. After getting either of the headphones I'll be fairly broke so I'll have to hold back on getting an amp, if that should be a factor in my decision. 

How about the ATH-A900s?

Feb 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #12,229 of 29,490
So I'm looking for a cheap pair of headphones that I can take with me when traveling that are circumaural. Around me I can get the AKG K-44MKII for $20 and Pioneer SE-MJ5 for $30 and both seem like a decent closed headphone for that price range. It'll mainly be for my mobile gaming, and I don't want to take around my Fischers. So any thoughts on the 2? I do really like the compact form of the SE-MJ5 since I have a case that would fit that style well.

Feb 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #12,230 of 29,490
Hello, I'm new here on the forum although often read your article.
Recently I decided to change my headphones.
Currently I have Sony MDR-7505 (not hi-fi you might say) and a Bravo v2 amp. I have the 7005 for a decade and after taking them for club mix and a little studio use, I decided to change to a more refine earphone which i hope will change my way of listening to the music.
Obviously they will not have to follow me to the studio or in the clubs, because now it is thing of the past.

For now my choice leans toward several model:
sennheiser hd 598 but I'm afraid it crack.
Audio-Technica ATH-A900
Grado SR-80i
I'm not really affect by the fact that some model are open desing

I mostly listen music thru my iphone and pc so a DAC in is the futur too
I listen a little bit of everything from guitar to jazz to dubstep.

Any help is apreciate 

Hyk

Feb 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #12,231 of 29,490
Alright now..can someone tell me what to get between the V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones and the Audio-Technica M50??
I'm in Aus and I know someone selling the V-Moda headphones for $130. The M50 however costs $160 more or less..

Will be listening to hip hop and rap and will be using it outdoors too..and also might try it out for FPS gaming but music is the main requirement...

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #12,232 of 29,490
I just bought a pair of Ad700's and ive been reading reviews saying they are not very good for music. I did buy them primarily to replace the crappy logitech headset i had so they will serve their purpose for that but I want to buy somthing that is really geared towards music. I listen to alot of electronic stuff and a little bit of rock. Portability is not a big issue neither is them having really bad bleed. Budget i would like to stay at around 200$ but I can stretch to 250$ if i need to. Im from canada but i can order from other countries (anybody from the Great White North know a canadian e-tailer that has a good selection?).

Thanks alot guys!

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #12,233 of 29,490
Oh boy.. i posted here before and had some great help but now i need some more lol...

i need a good pair of headphones from 1-150$

Music:
Rock
HipHop
Dubstep
Rap

I'm looking for something portable and nice. If anyone could help that would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #12,234 of 29,490

Quote:
I just bought a pair of Ad700's and ive been reading reviews saying they are not very good for music. I did buy them primarily to replace the crappy logitech headset i had so they will serve their purpose for that but I want to buy somthing that is really geared towards music. I listen to alot of electronic stuff and a little bit of rock. Portability is not a big issue neither is them having really bad bleed. Budget i would like to stay at around 200$ but I can stretch to 250$ if i need to. Im from canada but i can order from other countries (anybody from the Great White North know a canadian e-tailer that has a good selection?).

Thanks alot guys!

I would suggest the Ultrasone HFI 780 or if you basshead levels of bass the Ultrasone HFI 580. The 780 isn't lacking bass it has good impactful deep bass but if you want tons of bass go HFI 580. The HFI 780 is a better all arounder where the HFI 580 leans much more on the bassy side.

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #12,235 of 29,490

Quote:
Oh boy.. i posted here before and had some great help but now i need some more lol...

Music:
Rock
HipHop
Dubstep
Rap

I'm looking for something portable and nice. If anyone could help that would be great!

Thanks in advance.

If you are willing to extend your budget just $10 you could get the amazing pair of AudioTechnica ATH-M50's. Great headphones, I listen to the exact same types of music as you, and they work great for all of them. Great bass, nice music quality for rock, doesn't give farting dirty bass in dubstep songs like a lot of lower quality headphones do. On long bass hits in rap they make your jaw vibrate~ I highly recommend these headphones for you. They are a bit tight on the head, so I'd throw them on a tissue box, or something "Head-Sized" to make sure they don't crush you. :3

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #12,236 of 29,490

Music:
Rock
HipHop
Dubstep
Rap

Thanks in advance.

Hey dude,
I had asked for help with headphones for EXACTLY the same things that you mentioned..
I was recommended the Auduo-Technica M50 but I haven't gotten them because apparently it doesn't have enough bass for the bassier tracks of dubstep and hip-hop..and its also lacks with its soundstage..
So if you get any answers, they apply to me too :p
And if you don't mind, can you let me know when you decide what you're getting? Cos I'm after some headphones that meet the same needs..
Cheers dude, Abz :D

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #12,237 of 29,490

Quote:
Alright now..can someone tell me what to get between the V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones and the Audio-Technica M50??
I'm in Aus and I know someone selling the V-Moda headphones for $130. The M50 however costs $160 more or less..
Will be listening to hip hop and rap and will be using it outdoors too..and also might try it out for FPS gaming but music is the main requirement...

The M50's are a great choice. I have tried the V-Modas for audio, and they aren't bass-head worthy, but it's definitely smooth bass. Nice for gaming, but I'd use the M50's over the V's for gaming and music any day of the week. V's are slightly more comfortable IMO though.

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #12,238 of 29,490
If you are willing to extend your budget just $10 you could get the amazing pair of AudioTechnica ATH-M50's. Great headphones, I listen to the exact same types of music as you, and they work great for all of them. Great bass, nice music quality for rock, doesn't give farting dirty bass in dubstep songs like a lot of lower quality headphones do. On long bass hits in rap they make your jaw vibrate~ I highly recommend these headphones for you. They are a bit tight on the head, so I'd throw them on a tissue box, or something "Head-Sized" to make sure they don't crush you. :3

hey Bassix,
Your sig suggests that you use the M50 for MW3. Don't the M50s have a bad soundstage?? APPARENTLY its a tiny soundstage with no sense of direction or distance..if how can you use it for MW3?? And is there enough bass for hearing the explosions yet being able to hear the footsteps??
Thanks dude :)

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #12,240 of 29,490

Quote:
hey Bassix,
Your sig suggests that you use the M50 for MW3. Don't the M50s have a bad soundstage?? APPARENTLY its a tiny soundstage with no sense of direction or distance..if how can you use it for MW3?? And is there enough bass for hearing the explosions yet being able to hear the footsteps??
Thanks dude
smily_headphones1.gif

IDK about that o.0 they are usually tight to the ear which doesn't allow much sound stage, but I removed the original ear cups, and put in bigger ones from an old generic pair I had lying around. I also use an amp that is tuned for gaming, and have a program for my computer that lets me change the equalizer for output. I changed it around enough to where footsteps are nice and loud :3 I also sound whore quite a lot so good bye hearing :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back