++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Jul 8, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #5,206 of 29,490

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Can you recommend any other models. I cant find JVC anywhere here even on online stores (except from ebay import from UK for 60$). I am from India so it is hard to find here...

I've seen dozens of Sony 700 DJ headphones from Hong Kong for under $40.  Might want to try those? or maybe some Sennheiser HD205's?  

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #5,207 of 29,490
I think this is what I'm going to do. RPGWizard also said these would be a good choice, along with the Pro700MK2, but I'm going with the Q40 and most likely the gel pads. I'd rather have the black gel pads, but they don't get good reviews because of the foil covering. The white gel pads don't look as good to me and they yellow over time, but I might have to sacrifice looks for function since they'll isolate better and get better marks for being comfortable.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!

Quote:
You can always upgrade to the Beyer DT770 pads to improve isolation. There's also the DT770 gel pads which are another step up.

Jul 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #5,209 of 29,490
My local store is going out of business and has a lot of great Sennheiser's for sale at huge discounts. After doing a lot research, I realized the HD25-1s were best for me because I'm someone who likes portable, comfortable headphones and closed sound since I commute often. BUT this store also has the HD 598's for a very great price, and seeing as its one of the Audiophile type cans, I'm assuming this is one of Senn's best sounding headphones.

So the dilemna is I don't know which pair suits me best since the Hd25s are a great price no matter what and supposedly sound great for a portable closed pair, but I'm also an audiophile and I may want superior sound quality over portability.

So what are the major differences in quality between the HD25-1 and the HD598? I'd choose the 598 if they sounded much much better. Keep in mind I use a PA2V2 for amplification, and genres of music I'd prefer to be best driven from either cans are jazz, metal, ambiance, rock and acoustic folk. 

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #5,211 of 29,490
Hello headfiers ! i have been looking for a set of akg k1000 without luck,i saw 2 on ebay but sadly seller wont ship them to my country,does anybody know who has a set for sale,who would ship them overseas ? im offering 1250 :) 

many thanks! 

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #5,212 of 29,490
Looking to replace a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 that were stolen.  I really liked their sound, but I have a small head and not much hair, so they were somewhat uncomfortable and very goofy-looking.

While not much better looking or more comfortable, I'm looking at Grados, mostly because I've always been curious about them.

Locally, I can get SR-60i's for $70, SR-80i's for $80, or online I can get the Alessandro MS-1's for $99.  At these prices, I figure I should just get the MS-1's, right?  Are the MS-1's the same as SR-125's (which I can get locally for $120)?

I use a Sansa Clip+ and a CMOY with bass boost.  I'm not a critical listener (obviously), I just want the best quality sound under $100 without spending unnecessary money.

What would you do?

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #5,213 of 29,490
Hello,

I am hoping for some help in choosing some wireless headphones. The main uses would be watching movies, playing games and talking over VoIP/Ventrillo. I would prefer over the ear cups, but anything that is comfortable for long use periods would work.  I was hoping to keep it under $200, but this can be raised if needed.

So in short,
Wireless
for Movies and Games
with a microphone for voice chat
Prefer over the ear cups, but anything comfortable

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #5,214 of 29,490
What are great bass heavy atmospheric gaming headphones? I have a pair of Audio Technica AD900 and while they are great positional headphones the lack of bass and low mids take me out of games. I don't competitively game, I play a lot of single player, stuff like Fallout 3 & Witcher 2.

The way to explain what kind of headphones I want are the type where if you walk by a big fan or electrical unit in a game, you can really FEEL the sound coming off of it.

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #5,215 of 29,490
Quote:
What are great bass heavy atmospheric gaming headphones? I have a pair of Audio Technica AD900 and while they are great positional headphones the lack of bass and low mids take me out of games. I don't competitively game, I play a lot of single player, stuff like Fallout 3 & Witcher 2.

The way to explain what kind of headphones I want are the type where if you walk by a big fan or electrical unit in a game, you can really FEEL the sound coming off of it.

The Denon D2000 or Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 are good for that sort of thing.

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #5,216 of 29,490

Quote:

The best for this is still the Beyerdynamic DT150.

They are a bit big and ugly, but they have a nice level of clarity, bizarrely wide soundstage for closed headphones, and tons of muscular bass.  I have headphones that I like better than the DT150, but none that I like better for gaming.

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #5,217 of 29,490

Quote:
Is the quality of the music I rip (Class 8 FLAC) directly off a CD the same as if I covert music to FLAC from an mp3? Please help.

FLAC is a lossless codec.  What that means is, FLAC takes all of the information from the sound and squeezes it down as much as possible without impacting the sound quality in any way.  MP3 gets way smaller, but only by discarding some of the information.

The reason I'm explaining this is: Don't convert MP3 to FLAC.  When you do, all you end up with is the MP3 file, only 5 times bigger.  Once the information is gone (MP3), it's impossible to ever get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back