++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Mar 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #26,026 of 29,490
Quote:
I'm guessing your a basshead? Although I have neither, I'm pretty sure the COPs are superior. The audio technicas (I've only heard once) are super muddy.

I would definitely get the Beyer DT770 pro 80s. They've got a pretty good soundstage, huge bass, and will run beautifully off of a fiio e17.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh, alright! Will have to look into those then! Thanks. 

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #26,027 of 29,490
Quote:
In your case, I will recommend these:
Citiscape Uptown
ATH M50
MDR 7506

I like all three almost equally but tend to use the Uptowns most because of their comfort (I can wear these things for hours!).

I like the MDR7506 for electronic music, maybe some Hip hop, and rock. Although they are very fatiguing for others, I use an equalizer, a tiny little fiio e6, and have velour pads on them. Instead of getting these, you should probably get the MDR V6 which are the same for a little less.
The Uptowns for pretty much everything, and especially for music that depend on vocals. They have slightly recessed mids, but the vocals are definitely more forward and natural than the v6's and ATH M50s.

Alright, thanks.  I'll look into those

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #26,028 of 29,490
Quote:
If you're looking for a neutral can, you're definitely not looking at the Momentum whose sound is fairly colored. What do you like about your M50 and where are you looking to go to from there?

I love the clarity and detail that I can hear with the m50's and the bass and the uppers.  The mids sound a bit too recessed to me for certain songs and would like improvement in that area.  I am looking to use these cans for everyday use; commuting, office and home. 

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #26,029 of 29,490
I made a thread about this earlier because I didn't notice this thread.. I'll just copy and paste what I typed here and maybe I'll get more responses.

I have the Audio Technica ATH-M50s.. I'm a little disappointed. I think I was expecting too much out of them. When I compare them with my Skullcandy Hesh 2.0, I'm not hearing much of a difference.. nothing sounds very new, and I can't tell if sometimes when I hear a song sounding better than the last time I've heard it if it's because of a placebo effect or if it's the headphones. I'm new to what people would call really good headphones.. I got this because I heard great things about it, but now I'm unsure whether I was just listening to a lot of loyal fans (the equivalent of Linux fans or Ron Paul fans)..

Again, The sound doesn't sound much different compared to my year-old Skullcandy Hesh 2.0.. I'm not noticing anything different. I'm considering going to the store later to try others on. What are your recommendations? Should I keep these and give them some time or get something else? I listen to all genres. I don't have anything more specific than my favorite being post-hardcore and hip hop.. but it ranges daily. I'm listening to Wiz Khalifa but an hour ago I was listening to a Live album of Celia Cruz (salsa).. I do like bass, but I don't want anything unneccessary like what Beats would give me.

Comfort is not my top priority, sound is. However, I would want at least something better than the Hesh that I've been using.. It was hard as a rock. It literally crushes your skull.. and also my ears would hurt after hours of use.

Seeing how I spent $200 already because of warranty (which I don't really need) and taxes and the fact that the store already charges too much for the headphones, I guess my price range is up to $200.

The top recommendation I've seen from lurking is ATH-M50s.. or maybe it used to be the most recommended. What are the others? Could I get at least some educated guess on what would be best for me from reading what I typed?

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #26,031 of 29,490
Quote:
I made a thread about this earlier because I didn't notice this thread.. I'll just copy and paste what I typed here and maybe I'll get more responses.

I have the Audio Technica ATH-M50s.. I'm a little disappointed. I think I was expecting too much out of them. When I compare them with my Skullcandy Hesh 2.0, I'm not hearing much of a difference.. nothing sounds very new, and I can't tell if sometimes when I hear a song sounding better than the last time I've heard it if it's because of a placebo effect or if it's the headphones. I'm new to what people would call really good headphones.. I got this because I heard great things about it, but now I'm unsure whether I was just listening to a lot of loyal fans (the equivalent of Linux fans or Ron Paul fans)..

Again, The sound doesn't sound much different compared to my year-old Skullcandy Hesh 2.0.. I'm not noticing anything different. I'm considering going to the store later to try others on. What are your recommendations? Should I keep these and give them some time or get something else? I listen to all genres. I don't have anything more specific than my favorite being post-hardcore and hip hop.. but it ranges daily. I'm listening to Wiz Khalifa but an hour ago I was listening to a Live album of Celia Cruz (salsa).. I do like bass, but I don't want anything unneccessary like what Beats would give me.

Comfort is not my top priority, sound is. However, I would want at least something better than the Hesh that I've been using.. It was hard as a rock. It literally crushes your skull.. and also my ears would hurt after hours of use.

Seeing how I spent $200 already because of warranty (which I don't really need) and taxes and the fact that the store already charges too much for the headphones, I guess my price range is up to $200.

The top recommendation I've seen from lurking is ATH-M50s.. or maybe it used to be the most recommended. What are the others? Could I get at least some educated guess on what would be best for me from reading what I typed?

Well that's cuz the Hesh 2's are good headphones.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #26,032 of 29,490
Quote:

Well you could always pick something from Innerfidelity's "Wall of Fame".  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame

To me it sounds like the V-MODA M-80 might suit you.  But what do I know, I just joined today.

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #26,033 of 29,490
How do these compare? 

Beyer Custom One Pro vs. Audio Technica Pro700 Mk2

I think I've narrowed my search down to these two. I'll be hooking either up to a Fiio E17 (or similar dac/amp) for use with my computer. Gonna use it for gaming and music listening, mostly house and trance. 

Please let me know what you think :) 

I'd skip both and go with the DT770/80 or 250. Has better clarity, cleaner bass, and way better sound stage than either of those two

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #26,034 of 29,490
I hear that the MDR MA900 is a little superior overall to bot the HD598 and AD900, though I'm not sure about the AD900x.

Ill be getting the MDR 1R on Friday the 15th so ill post some impressions (remind me).

You should really look into both of those along with the beyers. I personally didn't like the k701s (not quite sure why I recommended it lol) because of the lack of bass.

i heard that mdr 1 is main for modern music rather than classical. there is a review between mdr 1 and ma 900 outside. however what the different between ma500 and 900? mdr 1 price abit out of my budget. for beyer i also want to get it also but not sure which one should i looking for.

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #26,035 of 29,490
Hi I'm new to headphones and i want advice for my choices

I've got a   Panasonic RP-HTF600-S (this is my only ref.)  by reading a while in this forum and I really like it but now i want something portable, listen to mostly rock music and some classic form time to time and other genre as well but not much 
so after some reading i'm interested in two of these

- ATH M50  (no warranty)
- HD 280 pro ( 2 years warranty)

both are available for me at about 140 USD 
I'm glad to have some other suggestion but my i don't want to spend more than $ 130  (amazon would be easiest for me to order I'm in Thailand it cost $ 25 to ship)

Thanks

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #26,036 of 29,490

I've got a   Panasonic RP-HTF600-S (this is my only ref.)  by reading a while in this forum and I really like it but now i want something portable, listen to mostly rock music and some classic form time to time and other genre as well but not much 

- ATH M50  (no warranty)

I'm glad to have some other suggestion but my i don't want to spend more than $ 130  (amazon would be easiest for me to order I'm in Thailand it cost $ 25 to ship)

Thanks

Please please please everyone stay away from the HD280 Pro unless you're getting it for free and even then, rethink taking them. They sound awful and feel even worse.

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #26,037 of 29,490

- ATH M50  (no warranty)

Thanks

How much are you willing to spend? $150?

Mar 14, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #26,039 of 29,490
Guys please, I'm willing to spend 300 USD, I need headphones that are better than V MODA LP2 in regards to MIDS and HIGHS and sound wider, Bass should be thumpy, trembling and deep rather than super tight and precise, bass should be a basshead bass! I"m really happy with the bass of LP2, but that's about it.... Should I get the:

• V Moda - M100
  • Ultrasone PRO 900
  • Audio-Technika ATH-900X

Or anything else that you would recommend, please please....

Mar 14, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #26,040 of 29,490
Hi.

I'm looking for work headphones. Price up to 150$. They must be closed because i'm not alone in the office. 

Listening classic rock, blues, pop, classic. 

ath m50

Shure SRH840
?
?

Tnx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back