Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 10, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #5,191 of 11,664
  I'm getting a vacuum like seal. Is this normal with their tips? 

It gets kind of fatiguing after a while. 

I've also tried wearing them over the ear style, which does reduce the cable by a good degree.

Still deciding which style I like best. 

I use my VII with Sony hybrids, and like with the stock tips it's easy to get a vacuum / suction seal with them. That's not a bad thing imo, because they stay in place securely and isolate very well that way. However, after putting them in, I do a short pull on my earlobe to break the seal for a second and allow for air pressure equalization. To me, this makes the seal much less fatiguing.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #5,192 of 11,664
Hybrids and SpinFits
http://www.head-fi.org/t/694117/aurisonics-rockets-impressions-thread/2430#post_11170115

I use my VII with Sony hybrids, and like with the stock tips it's easy to get a vacuum / suction seal with them. That's not a bad thing imo, because they stay in place securely and isolate very well that way. However, after putting them in, I do a short pull on my earlobe to break the seal for a second and allow for air pressure equalization. To me, this makes the seal much less fatiguing.

Thanks for the tips (no pun intended)!
I'll try both.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #5,193 of 11,664
+1 for the sony tips. Superb comfort compare to the stock tips which get itchy for me after half an hour. They seems to boost the treble compare to the stock tips but I prefer the vocal of the stock one though, I can't exactly pinpoint why (they kinda lost some of that magical liquidity I think). I'm pretty lucky since the audio stores in my country have literally bags of those lying around, I even got them for free lol.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #5,194 of 11,664
  +1 for the sony tips. Superb comfort compare to the stock tips which get itchy for me after half an hour. They seems to boost the treble compare to the stock tips but I prefer the vocal of the stock one though, I can't exactly pinpoint why though (they kinda lost some of that magical liquidity I think). I'm pretty lucky since the audio stores in my country have literally bags of those lying around, I even got them for free lol.

With my VII, the most significant difference is in bass. The hybrids sound clearer and more dynamic, whereas the stock tip bass sounds somewhat blurry and meh.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #5,195 of 11,664
What would be the difference between the Sony hybrids and Muse SpinFits?

Jan 10, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #5,196 of 11,664

With my VII, the most significant difference is in bass. The hybrids sound clearer and more dynamic, whereas the stock tip bass sounds somewhat blurry and meh.

Agree with that. Most of my music don't have much in bass department so it wasn't too much of an issue, but on bass heavy track the stock is pretty boomy and loose control, the sony does improve this one from meh to OK I guess (tighter and more accurate, though the impact doesn't change much to my ear)

Jan 10, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #5,197 of 11,664
With my Heaven VIII and stock tips, I've settled on the largest size. I find that the vacuum seal works so well that I only have to push them in a couple of millimetres to get them to stay reasonably secure for general commuting. I might give them a prod or two over a couple of hours to "make sure".

I had originally thought that IEMs should be inserted deeply with tips that are the smallest that will seal. The way I wear them now is very much like my preferred fit with the Sennheiser IE800 (which I've only demmed, not owned). The very light weight of IE800 really does seem to make that fit the absolute ideal. VIII with a shallow fit and relatively long length does tend to have the franken-bolt aesthetic, sticking out so far.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #5,199 of 11,664
I tried the Heaven VII and VIII at a store the other day. I felt the VII slightly on the bright side with a very wide soundstage. While they were technically very impressive and capable, it wasn't my cup of tea. I felt the treble section was some kind too colored. The VIII was an absolute joy to listen to. More on the warmer side, with very musical and lush mids and very nice bass, full but without impact using air pressure. It has a very relax way to present the music. The soundstage felt deeper than the VII. There was still the treble coloration of the VII but in less quantity. I feel those monodriver have a better linearity of the frequency responce than multi BA design. It's quiet obvious. I might grab a pair in the future but the non-detachable cables and the fact they have to be wear cables down is some kind of a bummer.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #5,200 of 11,664
The Heaven VII and VIII are single driver phones though 

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #5,201 of 11,664
Yes that's what I wanted to say. The VIII and VII have better linearity than multi BA design IEMs.
beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #5,203 of 11,664
  Yes that's what I wanted to say. The VIII and VII have better linearity than multi BA design IEMs.
beerchug.gif

Ah thought you meant to say they sounded off cause they were multi BA 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back