Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 9, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #5,176 of 11,664
Never looked at FR or heard VII but this is what I hear with the three I have. I'm sure you're right and from previous impressions, that's why I chose the VIII. I'm also not as gifted with impressions or have the technical knowledge as some of you so I'm sure my take could be taken as utter crap.

I'm sure your take is correct and it's actually very much in line with other's impressions. I just meant to clarify where the VII fit in when it comes to warmth.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #5,177 of 11,664
Does the case even fit? I couldn't get it to close. 

I might end up using it as a card holder.

Jan 9, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #5,180 of 11,664
I'm getting a vacuum like seal. Is this normal with their tips? 

It gets kind of fatiguing after a while. 

I've also tried wearing them over the ear style, which does reduce the cable by a good degree.

Still deciding which style I like best. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #5,181 of 11,664
I'm getting a vacuum like seal. Is this normal with their tips? 

It gets kind of fatiguing after a while. 

I should be so lucky to get seals like that with my universals! :D

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #5,183 of 11,664
Has anyone tried other options? Like Spiral Dots?

I put on something I forgot the name of, but the bigger bore helped. 
Though this isn't as elegant of a solution. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #5,184 of 11,664
I don't like spiral dots. They make the bass on everything flabby, and detract from the mids. The overall sound just doesn't feel focused and is sort of aloof. I think Sony hybrids are one of the closer tips to the original LAB I tips. I'd give those a try if you have a pair, although the spinfits are my current go to tips. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #5,186 of 11,664
I don't like spiral dots. They make the bass on everything flabby, and detract from the mids. The overall sound just doesn't feel focused and is sort of aloof. I think Sony hybrids are one of the closer tips to the original LAB I tips. I'd give those a try if you have a pair, although the spinfits are my current go to tips. 

When I saw the Lab 1 photos, and that they went through like 1000 or whatever tip designs, I thought they looked just like sony hybrids in the bore size and overall tip design. If only they had walked over to their local Sony Style.

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #5,187 of 11,664

I found out which ones I have now. 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00B7YLZE8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3VUFT1N0I7SVE&coliid=IY2EK3SRZNDGE

I feel they focus the sound pretty well. I might try to get a pair of spinfits as well. (What's the easiest way to buy the spinfit tips?)

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #5,188 of 11,664
When I saw the Lab 1 photos, and that they went through like 1000 or whatever tip designs, I thought they looked just like sony hybrids in the bore size and overall tip design. If only they had walked over to their local Sony Style.

LOL. They look very similar, I agree, but are different in subtle ways. The sound emitted through the original LAB tips is different from that of the hybrids. The LAB tips are actually most similar to these tips that came with a cheapo sony cell phone. I think it was the RH 750 or something.

I found out which ones I have now. 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00B7YLZE8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3VUFT1N0I7SVE&coliid=IY2EK3SRZNDGE

I feel they focus the sound pretty well. I might try to get a pair of spinfits as well. (What's the easiest way to buy the spinfit tips?)

Be in Japan LOL. I had to have a guy forward tips to me. Maybe Tilpo can hook you up? Otherwise, amazon JP if you have access to that. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #5,189 of 11,664

LOL. They look very similar, I agree, but are different in subtle ways. The sound emitted through the original LAB tips is different from that of the hybrids. The LAB tips are actually most similar to these tips that came with a cheapo sony cell phone. I think it was the RH 750 or something.

Be in Japan LOL. I had to have a guy forward tips to me. Maybe Tilpo can hook you up? Otherwise, amazon JP if you have access to that. 

I see, I'll just use what I have now until I lose one. 

Jan 10, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #5,190 of 11,664

Users who are viewing this thread

Back