Does anyone wear fullsize headphones out in public?
Oct 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #62 of 103
Quote:
What's with the star trek avatar?

LOL, check this out
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #63 of 103
What's with the star trek avatar?
I think cause there is a user with that avatar and a bunch of people are messing with him by putting the same avatar or the same avatar with a twist (like with a panda in his lap or something) :rolleyes:

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #64 of 103
Oct 2, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #65 of 103
Quote:
I think cause there is a user with that avatar and a bunch of people are messing with him by putting the same avatar or the same avatar with a twist (like with a panda in his lap or something)
rolleyes.gif

Nah, we're not messing with him.  Hes a buddy of mine, it's all in good fun! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Have you guys considered creating an Obobskivich fan club? i though it was him when i saw the avatar. 
biggrin.gif

Well I wouldn't go that far (no offense to obobs).  Honestly, the alternative was Oatmeal October.  For obvious reasons, this was more fun!

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #66 of 103
God damn it, I read this whole thread thinking warrenpchi was oboskivich.

As for full size headphones, I do, but not my Denons, which would be a theft magnet in Philly. :D

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #67 of 103
I wear my Grado RS1i's when I'm riding my bike or outside in a less noisy area.  Otherwise I alternate between my Ultrasone Signature Pro's and Edition 8 Palladiums depending on the day and what kind of rig I want to carry around. 

I like IEMs too, though.

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #68 of 103
Oct 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #70 of 103
Quote:
That reminds me... where is obob?
Haven't seen him around in a while.

Oh he's definitely around, though posting less these past few days.  He's got new cans, so as you can imagine he's off doing what all of us are doing when we're not here - enjoying them cans! 
smile.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #71 of 103
I used to wear a Sony MDR-XD200 outdoors. Isolation was just right and it didn't have leakage. It doubled as a hairband and tripled as a pair of earmuffs!

After about 6 years, the lower headband on it broke (not to mention the really cheap pleather started to flake off) and made it uncomfortable to wear, so I needed a new pair of cans. Now, I wear a Superlux HD669 for that. Its blatantly cheap Taiwanese-knockoff look makes it less of a theft target than those gaudy rapper headphones that scream, "Please mug me."

Full-size headphones are perfectly capable of outdoor usage. Even medium ones, such as the XD200, will rest on your neck fine even without any rotating cups. The larger ones, such as the HD669, might be a bit cumbersome but are still usable as such. Yes, IEMs are more portable, but they hurt my ears when inserted and so I've never been a fan of them.

I think closed headphones are better for public usage than open headphones due to better isolation and less leakage. You don't want too much isolation unless taking off your headphones to be able to hear people speak is acceptable. The leakage thing is a courtesy, but you probably don't want to agitate people if you live in or pass through a "rougher neighborhood". For the same reason, it should also be something affordable. Leave your expensive fancy open headphones in the safety of your home.

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #72 of 103
i bring em with me but barely get to really use them and take advantage of it (open cans)

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #74 of 103
I wear my HD800 and LCD2 out in public.
I have my Shure SE535 when the weather is ugly.
How does one use an LCD-2 in public? I can hear everything when I'm wearing them and everyone can hear everything I'm playing :s

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #75 of 103
The only time I use headphones in public is when going on long trips.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back