Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #33,831 of 35,472
Has anyone tried the **** ue?

Nice, balanced signature. Sells for about $14 now if I'm not mistaken. But it already has a successor.

Sep 3, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #33,832 of 35,472
how does it sounds compare to iPhone 4s :etysmile:

thanks for the reply too.

About the DIY brands like ****, TINGO...

If you guys have time, please visit the 1688.com or alibaba.com market, It's the biggest site of wholesaling component like housing, driver, cable, ... The price is very very cheap if you buy many (like some dozens), after a few trials (with luck of course), you should get a good pair of IEMs. Even the 4in1 has insane value, it still makes good profit.

The biggest problem of those DIY brands still the quality control, like KZ has bad reputation about bad QC
Indeed most DIY company the likes of **** get these components at dirt cheap wholesale price from 1688.com so for a price tag of 30USD i'm not surprised that they could get at least half or more as profit. Though i still can't figure out how these suppliers from 1688.com able to sell those knowles BA at such a cheap price. There may not be sophisticated science involved in acoustic tuning by most of those Chinese DIYer besides just chunking in all driver together in one piece and hoping for a miracle therefore all the QC issues with chinese DIY brand are common. I once bought a DIY 5BA SE846 from a Taobao DIYer because i was such a cheapskate and now i've learned my lesson well about DIY brand.

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #33,833 of 35,472

Still playing with all my Vyrus tuning options (so far most fond of the gunmetal) so my impressions are just that, preliminary impressions. The Vyrus is a cleaner, more balanced and detailed sound that therefore gives you the feeling of a wider, deeper soundstage. I think this would lead some to call the Vyrus analytical, but I just think of it as really well-tuned. The 4in1 is very musical with mids a bit forward. The treble and bass are nonetheless very good. Detail is present, but doesn't match the clarity of the Vyrus. This all makes the soundstage seem smaller and a bit more congested than the Vyrus on first impression but I think I'll ultimately come to see them a bit closer than that.  They're really two very different IEMs that deliver different things. If I had to keep only one, it would be the Vyrus right now. Again, these are my current, initial impressions (e.g., I haven't even tried amping the 4in1, the Vyrus uses more power quite nicely).

So you are saying Vyrus is basically better in everything than 4in1. Though its 30vs60 usd.
My budget was 60 usd but i went for 4in1 due to extreme hype. Should've waited for vyrus reviews vs 4in1 lol. 
angry_face.gif

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #33,834 of 35,472
Kinda different animals, the Vyrus is a small dynamic and 4 in1 is hybrid 1DD 1BA. I have the Vyrus and Delta VII (1 DD 1 BA) from Trinity and like both a lot. I almost took the plunge today on a 4 in 1 and if I do this weekend(tomorrow is payday and got my rent check from the property manager of my rental) I'll try and compare all 3. Honestly though when cost comes into play and f the 4 in1 hype rings true it will be tough to beat as it's considerably cheaper. 

Could you do a quick compare between the deltas and the vyrus? I have the deltas but don't really like them, feel they are a bit strident and to me feels hollow... I love the build and such of the Trinity line and I'm eyeing the vyrus

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #33,835 of 35,472
  • Impedance: 82Ω ??
  • Resistance: 32Ω
Better have a good amp.

Not to mention I'm not going to even do sweating sports in a $430 iem:confused:

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #33,836 of 35,472
Guys, can the 4in1's be sometimes harsh in the highs?

Only if You use wrong tips on them (narrow bore ones). I use large bore JVC Spirals Dot`s and they sound nowhere near harsh in the highs.

Seems my 4in1`s have enough playtime by now and soon I`ll do proper comparison against my ATE FF-mod. 
They sound very similar by short comparison btw, so, I`ve done really really good job with my FF-mod 
wink.gif

I think 4in1 wins this battle, though, FF-mod might have just slightly better soundstage (airier with slower decays) and slightly sparklier highs. But will do proper longer comparison soon to comfirm it.

Anyway, **** 4in1 gets first "hit and run budget king" title from me, and it doesn`t need any modifications (just use large bore tips).

Just for a reminder, I use translucent silver plated OFC Tennmak upgrade cable ( http://bit.ly/2bThcS0 ) + JVC Spiral Dot tips.

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #33,837 of 35,472
  So you are saying Vyrus is basically better in everything than 4in1. Though its 30vs60 usd.
My budget was 60 usd but i went for 4in1 due to extreme hype. Should've waited for vyrus reviews vs 4in1 lol. 
angry_face.gif

Maybe not. He did note: initial impressions (e.g., I haven't even tried amping the 4in1, the Vyrus uses more power quite nicely)
I dbout that's not from AB comparison.

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #33,838 of 35,472
Guys, can the 4in1's be sometimes harsh in the highs?

Yes, and I've gone through the tips that came with them, plus my little stash.
I'm currently using my general tip of choice on my other IEMs, the JVC Spiral Dot (in this case, the ML works nicely for my ears). They take a slight edge off the strident highs, but the hot highs are simply a signature of the 4in1 that is only mitigated a bit by tip rolling. The larger issue I have is the mids being quite vacant (relatively speaking), and changing tips did not affect this sonic signature. Swapping the cable... OFC copper, Silver Plated OFC copper, and the stock cable... minimal differences if any.

That said, when you consider that they were basically $30, they aren't bad at all! They sound like twice the price for sure, and are really well built.

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #33,839 of 35,472
My budget was 60 usd but i went for 4in1 due to extreme hype. Should've waited for vyrus reviews vs 4in1 lol. :angry_face:

Also, factor in for the $60 you get a ton of accessories including different filters to tweak the sound, delivery in two days and top notch craftsmanship

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #33,840 of 35,472

According to all of these impressions, it seems for now that 4in1 is the low budget king.

Well... Remax RM-800MD are better and still under $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back