Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #3,346 of 35,472
Head fi is awesome, just saying. Posted a few kind words on the Carbo tenore and basso blog but meant to put it on this one. It goes out to mochill emoticon riden ***** and bhazard, and Peter123,and Wokei. You're all a bunch of righteous dudes in my book.

One Love ..true dat ....I think a lot of times its all about having same minded people enjoying music and getting away from all the ******** in this world. This search for " a better iem or headphone" which I called it an addiction can be rewarding and also a strain on the wallet ...and that is why this thread is especially very important for tight ass like me who are having a hard time just trying tonmake it. Times are bad with the economy as such ...music and our audio gears are kinda like a relief from the hustle n bustle ......just like today I was listening to Janis Joplin live rendition of Summertime with Jimi Hendrix playing guitar ...man it was audio nirvana though I'm not using high end gear but to each its own .....at the end of the day ...its all about trying to enjoy what we have to our best ability.

On a lighter note ...I was checking out head fi in the toilet while the LIONESS was at home ...and listening to Summertime ..not the best place to enjoy Janis n Jimi but I work it :wink_face:

May 30, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #3,347 of 35,472
Bob Marley Legend album and the dm2 go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Just picked up a pair meelectronics a161p for 50 shipped. Ya, it's an impulse buy. Anyone heard it? Impressions? Are they Chinese or Asian enough to mention on this thread? Something on them has to have been made in China. Lol

I read a couple ofreviews saying they are much improved over the a151p. I really hope so, the a151p was not my cup of tea.

May 30, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #3,348 of 35,472
Bob Marley Legend album and the dm2 go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Just picked up a pair meelectronics a161p for 50 shipped. Ya, it's an impulse buy. Anyone heard it? Impressions? Are they Chinese or Asian enough to mention on this thread? Something on them has to have been made in China. Lol

I read a couple ofreviews saying they are much improved over the a151p. I really hope so, the a151p was not my cup of tea.

a161 is meh. Very anemic bass, somewhat bright. Somic MH407 is basically the same thing.

May 30, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #3,350 of 35,472
I had the A161P's and I really enjoyed them. I thought they were pretty solid all round. They broke though and I got the A151P's as replacement. They are not my cup of tea either. I'm trying to figure out what music they're suited to.... but they sound really bad on anything I've tried thus far.

May 30, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #3,351 of 35,472
I had the A161P's and I really enjoyed them. I thought they were pretty solid all round. They broke though and I got the A151P's as replacement. They are not my cup of tea either. I'm trying to figure out what music they're suited to.... but they sound really bad on anything I've tried thus far.

I used to have the A161Ps as well. Decent sound for the price. I also gave a pair to my brother a couple of years ago. Just a couple of months ago he commented to me that he was was still using them and though the sound was good too.

May 30, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #3,352 of 35,472
  Got the Dunu 2k in today. Right out of the box, these things sound excellent off my Geek Out. Just pure awesomeness.

Here's the thing though, do they sound $220 better than my current favorite, the Ostry KC06A? Nope.

Gonna put these through some rigorous testing, try different spacers and tips, and throw everything I can at them. These are my first $200+ pair of IEMs, so I'm intrigued.

Did you receive the Tenore yet?

May 31, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #3,354 of 35,472
  So has anyone got an SMSL M2 yet and can give a review of it? Currently tossing up between the M2, a Fiio E7 (used) or an iBasso D-zero (used)...

I'm also waiting for any reviews on this one. By looking at the HW of this thing, I think I will be getting it just for the fact that it has a Sabre chip and headphone amp and for the price point it's very hard to beat, plus I like the form factor (not fond of the USB thumb stick form factor). It's got a line out so you could use it as just a DAC so it's sorta future proof as you could just couple it with another amp. I also think that the Sabre chip is compatible with Android. 

EDIT:

In addition. I've just sent a question to the seller if they could provide us with a photo of the PCB inside of the thing is we can see the exact layout and everything else involved.

May 31, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #3,355 of 35,472
Just got my KC06 and DM2 back from loan, to my surprise I found DM2 to have less bass than what I remembered (directly comparing it to KC06) which make it far tolerable to me than before. I actually don't mind the sound now and there's something in its rawness that go very well in some song.

Oh yeah and the peakiness is completely gone now.

May 31, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #3,356 of 35,472
Just got my KC06 and DM2 back from loan, to my surprise I found DM2 to have less bass than what I remembered (directly comparing it to KC06) which is far more tolerable to me than before. I actually don't mind the sound now and there's something in its rawness that go very well in some song.

Oh yeah and the peakiness is completely gone now.
I'm glad to see someone witness the same things I did with the dm2!

There are some things I listen to where the dm2 makes it sound amazeballs.

Bob Marley (and most raggae)
Daft punk's RAM
Evanescence (and most female voices)
Any acoustic music
Any live performances
Metallica
Guns and Roses
Jack Johnson

Do you see what I'm saying now about them being a different sonic approach, and a good compliment to the havi, tenure, or kc06? It's a much more raw and aggressive and lively sound!

If I do a long listening session with the tenore, havi, or kc06, then listen to the dm2 they seem unrefined and shouty and bass boosted AT FIRST LISTEN. But after I give the dm2 a long session I get addicted! It goes from peaks to perfect! It's an out of the head sound that gives a feeling of a live performance! When I go back to something like the havi, it seems anemic and lacking life, and I have to give it some time for my ears to adjust back.

Another thing I like about these dm2 is that if I want to tame the aggressive sound I can simply eq down the high bass/low mids portion a few clicks, and also eq down the high mids/low treble section a couple of clicks, and I'm left wit a much more mellow sound.

BURN IN YOUR DM2 BEFORE YOU GIVE UP ON THEM! YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!

May 31, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #3,358 of 35,472
@Hisoundfi

Thou shall not be tempted ........ Must resist at all time.........
evil_smiley.gif

I stand strong ...... For now

Yeah you are right but I ....nvm

May 31, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #3,359 of 35,472
@Hisoundfi

Thou shall not be tempted ........ Must resist at all time.........:evil:

I stand strong ...... For now
haha!

You stay strong sir. In the meanwhile I'm going to jam some music in your honor through these dm2 and snicker at what you're missing out on... Muahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back