Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #3,331 of 35,472
Im selling all my iems (except the tenore) to raise money to buy this thing.

Not that im that fond of the tenores, but it is the best iem that ive got.

We are talking about $62 dac/amp, right?  Just making sure you are being sarcastic, otherwise I googled a wrong dac
biggrin.gif

Btw, waiting to receive Carbo Tenore and Carbo Doppio in the next few days, and KC06 and IM50 in a week or so.  You guys just sucking me in...

May 29, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #3,332 of 35,472
  Got the Dunu 2k in today. Right out of the box, these things sound excellent off my Geek Out. Just pure awesomeness.

Here's the thing though, do they sound $220 better than my current favorite, the Ostry KC06A? Nope.

Gonna put these through some rigorous testing, try different spacers and tips, and throw everything I can at them. These are my first $200+ pair of IEMs, so I'm intrigued.

Though I still think IM03 is awesome, I already proved it to myself that $200-$300 price difference of premium brand IEMs can't be justified after I discovered your thread with all the budget gems 
wink.gif

May 29, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #3,337 of 35,472
Speaking of budget gems, KZ is blowing out their LP lookalike headphone with neutral tuning for $25 (without case). Total bargain for the cable alone, yet they also sound great too.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39260593836

I was wanting to buy one of these, though I was worried they'd sound like crap since they're cheap V-Moda knockoffs (and as far as I know, the real thing sounds pretty good). Ah well, I guess I'm gonna be done with headphones for a while (maybe for the rest of the year) since my dad is getting both me and my sister some PCs to feed our gaming addiction.

May 30, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #3,338 of 35,472
Head fi is awesome, just saying. Posted a few kind words on the Carbo tenore and basso blog but meant to put it on this one. It goes out to mochill emoticon riden ***** and bhazard, and Peter123,and Wokei. You're all a bunch of righteous dudes in my book.

Thanks. I've been helped here in finding great pieces of gear as much as I may have helped others. Us middle class and low budget folk need audio love too, and honest impressions without manipulation or profit motive are hard to find. You don't need a $20,000+ setup to have enjoyable high quality gear.

I demoed the TTPod T1 for coworkers at happy hour, and their jaw dropped when they learned the price and what they thought it would have cost... and that's only in my top 5 of iems I have. Heads would have exploded if they heard the ostry or dunu.

May 30, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #3,340 of 35,472
We are talking about $62 dac/amp, right?  Just making sure you are being sarcastic, otherwise I googled a wrong dac :D

Times are hard for students :p I gave myself a "head fi budget". Since I've already blown it on the tenores, and the vsd3 are just around the corner, Ive got to find ways to fuel my addiction. I could ofcourse start selling drugs..

May 30, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #3,342 of 35,472
Times are hard for students :p I gave myself a "head fi budget". Since I've already blown it on the tenores, and the vsd3 are just around the corner, Ive got to find ways to fuel my addiction. I could ofcourse start selling drugs..

That's my fallback. If my molecular biology and biotech degree doesn't work out, Organic chemistry taught me how to break bad.:imp:

May 30, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #3,345 of 35,472
I ordered my kz-ed3 from aliexpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back